Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Dan_H
Read somewhere that Manhattan is the most densly populated place in the world.

You guys need to get out more...even back in the late sixties, early seventies, it was clear to me that MOST people in the United States didn't know WTF they talking about as far as overpopulation goes...the NY city area is thick as far as U.S standards go...but is lacking in the big picture.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population_density

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The original question posted here is moot. As human will and technology advances - and the Earth reaches its full-mass of human capacity we will then surely venture far beyond the confines of this weary bloated planet and colinize new planets and new worlds.

It's either 'that' or give up SEX!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by P_Weed
The original question posted here is moot. As human will and technology advances - and the Earth reaches its full-mass of human capacity we will then surely venture far beyond the confines of this weary bloated planet and colinize new planets and new worlds.

It's either 'that' or give up SEX!
...........Colonize new planets and new worlds uh? Not going to happen imo.

Worlds outside the solar system? That`ll never happen. Everybody will be long dead before they even get there and that is assuming they could even get there in the first place.

Hi tekkie Star Trek type space travel? Never happen.

Ahead Zulu, warp factor 1..... laugh laugh

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

OK! We'll just give up SEX then.

People can reproduce ... Land can't.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Gus

maybe he's giving us a practice run, allowing us to strengthen our resolve, and preparing Us to pass the Final Test? anyone know for sure??

Yes, I know for sure, Gus.

If you don't, you need to do some research. Start with John 3:16 and move on from there.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Everyone on Earth would fit in a cubic mile
Really. You could put the entire population of the Earth in a space one mile wide, one mile deep, and one mile high (one cubic mile). We'd all fit in one small corner of the Grand Canyon, which would take about 2500 cubic miles of dirt (or people) to fill.

How do we know? One cubic mile is 147,197,952,000 cubic feet. If, on average, one human being takes up a space 2 feet by 2 feet by 6 feet it means we occupy 24 cubic feet per person. Sure, kids will have extra room and some of us will be a bit squished (or a lot if you're a flabby American); but on average that's about right.

http://wow-really.blogspot.com/2006/10/high-density-housing.html

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gus
humans, in some areas of the Earth are becoming quite crowded.
just observe Staten Island, Long Island, and other areas as current examples.

i'm thinking we're attempting to stuff as many humans into the eco-system down here on the Earth as possible.

is that wrong, or is that right? i dunno.

when storms come and blow away material possessions did that happen because we were unprepared, or because we think that God would never empower a tornado or hurricane to harm us, and our kind?

some muslims beleive the God of the Earth is punishing us with hurricane Sandy, Katrina, etc. but what if they're wrong in their interpretation??

maybe he's giving us a practice run, allowing us to strengthen our resolve, and preparing Us to pass the Final Test? anyone know for sure??

Personally, I think we have more urgent matters to worry about, such as being able to perpetuate, as a nation.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Gus

anyways, i just wish we could get to the point we could pass some Laws that would ensure the Safety of us All.

I pray you're attempting to make a joke with this statement.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DuxHateMe
Originally Posted by Gus

anyways, i just wish we could get to the point we could pass some Laws that would ensure the Safety of us All.

I pray you're attempting to make a joke with this statement.

Ducks:

I think Gus was speaking from the Left (Democrat) side of his brain when he wrote that portion of text.

Maverick

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The bigger worry economically in most developed nations is that of de-population. Many/most Western countries, along with Japan, are below replacement rate. Continued sustainability is coming solely through immigration.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The bigger worry economically in most developed nations is that of de-population. Many/most Western countries, along with Japan, are below replacement rate. Continued sustainability is coming solely through immigration.

Thank goodness that the northern Western Hemisphere doesn't need to rely on immigration to maintain and thereby sustain its stability. Otherwise, the citizens within the three countries which occupy that region would be requiring more illegal immigration to go along with whatever amount of legal immigration that's occurring.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Genesis 1

28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, �Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.�

29 And God said, �See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food�; and it was so. 31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Maverick940
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer

Thank goodness that the northern Western Hemisphere doesn't need to rely on immigration to maintain and thereby sustain its stability. Otherwise, the citizens within the three countries which occupy that region would be requiring more illegal immigration to go along with whatever amount of legal immigration that's occurring.

What countries are you talking about?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
DD:

Do you own a globe? The Western Hemisphere is east of the International Dateline.

Maverick

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There are 2000 people in and around the town I live in....it is 121 kilomtres to the nearest town from here.
You are correct...it is over-crowded.

Have a nice day.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Maverick940
DD:

Do you own a globe? The Western Hemisphere is east of the International Dateline.

Maverick

Yes, I have numerous globes.

Most of the countries in the northern half of the western hemisphere have low birth rates, thus I wanted clarification on what countries he was referring to.

Contrary to the implied intention of the OP (at least as I took it), sinking below the replacement rate is a sign of a culture in rapid decay. Actual depopulation is about the most hazardous policy that any nation can endure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, you've implied that North America and especially industrial North America is de-populating and therefore, is in desperate need of immigration - either illegal or legal. I see. Thank you for the clarification.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus, if I had a crown, I'd send it to you for being the ultimate Master of Insignificant Questions. (Is that what IQ stands-for where you are?)

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That is not what I said, though you haven chosen to articulate that possible solution. The USA has recently slipped to slightly below replacement rate for the first time in our history. Canada is already in that boat.

Continued legal immigration might be one solution to that problem. Encouraging a higher birth rate due to the recognition of the excellency of one's culture has been the preferred method throughout history, at least in Judaeo-Christian contexts.

[In interest of full disclosure, I am from immigrant heritage, so am reaping the benefits of my ancestors' choices to come here.]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,801 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,739
Posts18,514,460
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.