Campfire Ranger
A
Got to love Texans. Silly fools think the universe rotates around them... grin

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by NathanL

Doesn't matter. What people say and what people actually "do" are two different things. You think he would stay in power long when people get access to 1/20th the gasoline they have today and get to buy gas every 2 weeks at 10 times the price?

Frog in the boiling pot.

He's this close to getting re-elected with gas prices double what they were when he took office.

Do you think Texas would stop producing crude? It would be no different than Brazil or Venezuela. A New Yorker doesn't care where his gas comes from, they still go to Citgo and Shell, don't they?

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
ALL of you guys need to get up, go outside, and go hunting. Where are you guys coming up with this crazy schitt at?!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bearstalker
ALL of you guys need to get up, go outside, and go hunting. Where are you guys coming up with this crazy schitt at?!

This is the campfire forum.. In case you haven't noticed, not many hunters here.

Try the General Hunting forum, deer, elk, rifles, reloading..

People have fun on those forums, too!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There is no need for Texas or any other state to secede from the union. We just need to secede from Washigton DC. wink whistle That's where the source of all the trouble is. frown
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just thinking about the response - if New Mexico joined.

Los Alamos Natl Lab
Sandia Natl Lab
White Sands Missile Range
Kirtland AFB
Holloman AFB
Cannon AFB
And a large geographical portion of FT Bliss

Bet THAT news would get a response!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
(Note: all photos are clickable links)

As with many serious topics on the fire, the uneducated and ignorant spew their subjective opinions, based upon their shaded state sponsored education, instead of using the two ears and one mouth that God gave them. For the well read and informed population, the subject of modern day secession has been discussed and debated for years as the only peaceful way to solved the problem of "Mordor on the Potomac."

For those who are intelligent enough to read and learn, may I recommend you start with a book that clearly and logically lays out the current situation so that even the majority of our campfire members can understand the problem and the solution. This can all be done peacefully and within the legal confines of the Constitution. The bottom line is our population has grown too large for the Central Government to govern as a representative republic. That is the singular issue that secession would solve. This would allow the Central Government to concern itself with foreign affairs, declaring war, and regulating commerce. Everything else is left to the states.

[Linked Image]

As for the disinformation on secession and President Lincoln, may I recommend you start listening to the Sirius/XM radio program host Mike Church who is a modern day scholar on American History dating back to the Revolution and the writings of the founding fathers. His informative and historical docu-drama "What Lincoln Killed"[Linked Image]explains that secession was not a foreign subject to the founders and was first seriously considered in 1803 by Timothy Pickering and the Northern States, (long before the Civil War,) which States were against the Louisiana Purchase; because they could see no benefit for themselves in paying for the purchase which directly benefitted the southern states.

In contrast to Steven Spielberg's new propaganda movie "Lincoln," consider reading Professor Thomas DiLorenzo's two books on Lincoln for another viewpoint. If nothing else, you will no longer be considered ignorant nor uneducated on the topic of Constitutional secession.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No thinking on the campfire forum, really!

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This can all be done peacefully

I agree with a lot of your post,..but not this part.

Governments gather power through control.

No government will willingly cede any of its power.

Every war in history has been waged in order for governments to increase the scope of their control.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Czech Republic and Slovakia split amicably post Soviet meltdown, after being a single nation for all intents and purposes, for nearly the entire 20th century.

The Saar, which had historically been held by France and Germany at different times in history, was allowed to vote as to which country it wanted to be a part of, or if it wanted independence.

Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan, both oil rich countries broke from the Soviet Union.

The Ukraine broke from Russia after hundreds of years of control.

The United States has allowed Puerto Rico to vote on independence.

There are dozens of such examples.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Well,

I guess after reading this thread I've gotten my daily dose of campfire Lunacy.

Complete with foreigners telling us how the country would be divided up...

There is a greater possibility of America making new Zealand a territory than Texas successfully seceding from the union

Texas tried to go it alone once before and it didn't work out too well.

Some folks have too much time on their hands.
I'd trade your dopey asss for Marrrty any day of the week. If he's representative of New Zealanders, it's a fine country. One can only hope you're not representative of Mississippians.

Ethan,

You're a loon.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Foxbat
Czech Republic and Slovakia split amicably post Soviet meltdown, after being a single nation for all intents and purposes, for nearly the entire 20th century.

The Saar, which had historically been held by France and Germany at different times in history, was allowed to vote as to which country it wanted to be a part of, or if it wanted independence.

Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan, both oil rich countries broke from the Soviet Union.

The Ukraine broke from Russia after hundreds of years of control.

,..all occurred as a result of the collapse of the centralized government which held control.

It didn't willingly collapse.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Not all. France won WWII, and later gave the Saar it's release. And the Saar was filled with people of French lineage.

The U.S. offered PR independence at the height of it's power.

England gave many of it's commonwealth possessions their Independence.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When my town split off from the city parish government they got a bill for all the stuff the city parish had built and the school system. Imagine the bill the feds would hand over for all the military bases etc....

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
This can all be done peacefully

I agree with a lot of your post,..but not this part.

Governments gather power through control.

No government will willingly cede any of its power.

Every war in history has been waged in order for governments to increase the scope of their control.

True 'Nuff

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice presentation, Orange Okie, never happen, but sounds like a good read. Thanks.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A few things I see about this if it did happen:

1. Both economies would be F***ED. I mean seriously. Only our parents and grandparents who endured rationing during WWII and the depression can begin to understand. Or, people from third world countries. Entire life savings of US dollars worthless. Businesses collapsing. Chaos.

2. Someone said the 82nd Airborne would capture Dallas, etc. A few youtube videos of US Soldiers manhandling Dallasites would be very powerful propaganda tools, expecially in today's media society.

3. Once it happened, America's enemies around the globe would seize the opportunity to act up. The US gov't would have more to worry about than Texas.

44henry

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Just for arguments sake, let's say some states seceded. Why would there be an economic collapse?

Texas has the same size economy as Australia

Florida's economy is bigger than Switzerland,

Georgia's economy is the same size as Austria.

Combine just those 3 states and you have the 5th largest economy in the world.

As long as there was no war that damaged resources, both the U.S. and any split off country would thrive economically.

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (163bc, 1lesfox, 22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 980 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,032
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.