Hop To
J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
This past weekend, this was in the local Ark news

We recently had a modern gun Youth Hunt in the State. A man took his 6yr old son on his FIRST deer hunt. The boy killed a doe. Rightfully so, the family took pics of the boy w/his deer. Proud mom posted the pic & story on Face Book (smace book).

The majority of responders criticized the family & boy for hunting & killing a deer. One went SO FAR as to call the boy a 'serial killer'.

I really have too much to say to print here. Suffice it to say.... here's where society is & seems the future is DOOMIER & GLOOMIER.

Ain't this a load of CRAP! !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. I post my stuff on facebook and don't catch any flack from anyone.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yeah, I'd call that learing experience and delete a bunch of folks from my friends list. I quit FB last year some time as it was getting to be a pain, but when you post something like that and folks go to dumping on it. That's a good thing. Lets you know who you need to cull.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Sounds like these folks need better "friends". I don't add too many people on mine, just for this reason.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but reading about 5 or 6 year-olds 'hunting' is a bit much. I believe there is a level of maturity that goes along with hunting and using a firearm that simply doesn't exist in a child that age. It seems much more a spectacle for the parents.

Now you start talking 10 years and older, kids start understanding the consequences of their actions and are starting to understand more of who they are. At 10 a kid can actually make a decision to get ready, aim and judge when to fire. At 5 or 6 the parents are pretty much setting it up for them.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure if there is an "age" at which a kid should start to hunt. Just like starting school, my oldest was more than ready to go at 5 but his younger brother isn't even close at the same age. Maturity level is different from kid to kid. I started shooting with my 6 y/o this year and he just couldn't get through his head how dangerous a gun was, as I had the barrel of a gun pointed at me numerous times(unloaded of course). SO,,,, there is always next year lord willing and we'll try it again in the spring. He's physically capable because he's bigger than alot of 3rd graders at his school but not mature enough to get the life and death thing yet. I have no problem with other parents taking their 6 y/o out if they are at that level of maturity, now letting them shoot a 150'' buck at that point,,, maybe not the best idea for setting up junior for the reality of hunting.

God bless,
MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
JWALL,
Listen Pard, after hunting in AR the better part of 30 years... (Southern AR to be precise) and living elsewhere, let me offer this piece of advice. Quit trying to understand people who are not from S AR.
Their brains and your brain operate differently. There is no way in hell anyone who hasnt lived or had family in...Mt Holly, Smackover...heck any place that considers ElDorado "The City" theres NO WAY that person can understand.
So quit getting upset about things that happen on the computer. It aint real, its internet.
Let them think that they arent killers, that somehow that peice of chicken just magicly transformed out of plastic wrap and that no animal had to die for them to enjoy that big mac (a big Mac is the name of a hamburger that they sell at MCDonalds...MCDonalds is a restraunt...uh...a place they cook and sell food. Kinda like the truckstop but without the desiel) anyway, Im getting ahead of myself.
They dont understad it.
Son, we live in a world that has deer, and those deer have to be killed by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? Them? FACEBOOK? We have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom! They weep for that doe and then curse the AFG. They have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that a does death, while tragic, probably saved a cow. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to them, saves cows! They don't want the truth, because deep down in places they don't talk about at parties, they want us on that stand! They need us on that stand! We use words like "ballistics", "pentration", "bloodtrail". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent hunting something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a group who rises and sleeps under the bounty of the very venison that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather they just said "Thank you," and went on thier way. Otherwise, I suggest they pick up a weapon, and get in a stand. Either way, I don't give a damn what facebook thinks its entitled to!

J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
ringworm -

These folks are from Ark, the South. I don't know anything about where their "friends" are.

I know exactly what you're saying, except these 'folks'? on the internet ARE REAL. It's getting to be too many have the same ? reactions ?, I'll not call it thoughts or reasoning.

I didn't watch all the series about Kate Goslin (?) and her kids in Alaska with Sara Palin after the 08 election but saw enough to tell this:

Kate was so upset about the hunting - killing - skinning - and eating of animals she wound up leaving earlier than planned.

Sarah's dad asked Kate, "Where do you get your meat?" Kate responded, "AT THE STORE WHERE IT IS MADE". I heard her say that with MY OWN EARS.

The big problem is that MORE & MORE people are thinking and feeling this way and THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They should have there settings set to friends only. And if people that are supposed to be friends say that kinda crap.... flush them.....

1 and done
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[bleep]' yuppies, they drive me crazy, that's why I don't live in Madison. Even if they believe that's wrong, they should've left the kid out of it, they wanna save the world and see themselves to be polite, civil, peaceful, diplomatic people, yet they posess no tact, or [bleep]' manners whatsoever. How dare they make that boy feel bad about his first hunt, and call him a serial killer nonetheless, makes my [bleep]' blood boil just thinking about it, [bleep]' losers. mad mad Yep, still glad I don't have a facebook account.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
ringworm, that's hilarious. posted it to my facebook to see who's with me lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You now what the problem really is?
the outlet.
If you openly advertise something your gonna get a reaction.
Theres so many levels of crazy out there...
For everyone who see's a hunter killing game and is repulsed theres some vegan who's repuled by that person. ANd for every vegan theres another person who thinks that plants have feelings, ect ect ect.
Just multiple layers of idiots.
I posted a thread about a HUGE coyote I killed. If my wife facebooked it and someone came back and cried about me shooting an animal for "no real reason or something Im not going to eat" guess what? I put it out there to start with.
So Fk it. If I do what I like and some people have a problem with it... its not MY problem its theres. I just keep on, keeping on. Doing MY thang.
There are people in this world that are so smug they think anyone who drives a car is the devil. Anyone who eats meat is the devil. If you dont recycle your trash, your the devil.
Fk em. I'm gonna drive my truck, smoke my pipe, shoot deer and throw glass bottles in the trash.
And if they want to tool around in thier smart cars, eating boca burgers and rectcling [bleep]-paper they can have at it. IMA BE ME!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
jwall Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wyliec

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but reading about 5 or 6 year-olds 'hunting' is a bit much.

I hear ya from a personal standpoint. My youngest son was small for his age and I din't start him till he was 10.

Regardless of opinions, even mine, Ark. law states children UNDER 5 may not hunt deer in the 'youth hunt'. I'm thinkin this is the first yr for that stipulation.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 57 invisible), 2,250 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,816
Posts18,496,463
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.