24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I recently purchaced a Marlin XT-17V rifle and found that it has some chambering issues. It sometimes will not grab the next round in the magazine or will not chamber correctly. Any soultions to this problem will be appreciated. I have looked at a few web sites for a solution, but joined this forum for a better answer. The rifle shoots great but this chambering issue is a downside to a nice varmint weapon.

Last edited by BigKenny; 11/28/12.

If you can catch or kill it I can cook it.
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It sounds more like an issue with the magazine bracket than anything else. That's the L-shaped sheetmetal bar that hangs down from the bottom of the receiver, and that the magazine clips onto.

Bending it forward, or back, might clear up the issue for you. It's simple sheet metal, not heat-treated, and can be bent just by finger pressure. Tinkering with it will likely get you what you need.
My 17V, and all Marlins, I suspect, are subject to this malady. It doesn't take much, just bend it a little forward, and see if that helps. If it doesn't help, bend it rearwards a bit, and re-check.

This isn't a chambering issue, it's a feeding issue. No need to return it to the factory, if it's the issue I'm thinking of.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Bending it forward, or back, might clear up the issue for you. It's simple sheet metal, not heat-treated, and can be bent just by finger pressure. Tinkering with it will likely get you what you need.
My 17V, and all Marlins, I suspect, are subject to this malady. It doesn't take much, just bend it a little forward, and see if that helps. If it doesn't help, bend it rearwards a bit, and re-check.

This isn't a chambering issue, it's a feeding issue. No need to return it to the factory, if it's the issue I'm thinking of.

We had to do the same thing for the same reason on the same rifle. It unfortunately is a common issue.

OP Offline
Thanks for the tip i'll give it a try. I'm sure if it worked for you it should solve the issue for me.

If you can catch or kill it I can cook it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,364
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.