-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A while back, I reported here that some invaders were attempting to come aboard but MSE was repelling 'em. Now I've learned a couple more things about that issue.

� My earlier warning was deleted (moved, merged, and now nowhere to be found).

� The Trojan horses are still coming aboard, but MSE is quarantining 'em until I later run MSE and purge 'em.

Hope y'all are similarly protected!

(Got MSE running again, at this very minute.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MSE?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download

Google is yo' buddy. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Microsoft Security Essentials � free download from Microsoft.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike I was lazy....what can I say? I have 4 programs running to protect my system.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to ask......why should we be adding additional layers of security to stop something that shouldn't be happening??? Rick has been told repeatedly that there are problems with the board, I don't know if he is in denial, doesn't know how to fix it, or just doesn't care, but having the issue ignored, or being told to just add this or do that is getting old!!

FIX the problem!!

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by eh76
Mike I was lazy....what can I say?

I guess you did! wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
But, to the topic, I've had no problems here (or elsewhere).

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ken:

Your post was merged with the ongoing thread in Talk to Webmaster, and a PM was sent to you notifying you. If you go to Talk To Webmaster you will see that prodigious efforts have been expended and continue to be expended to deal with an issue that I take very seriously.

At the moment, all of the relatively few people who were experiencing problems and graciously assisted me with tracking down and eliminating the problem appear to be free from any further issues.

If anybody is experiencing problems at this point, I really would benefit from a screenshot and a discussion via PM. Instructions are in the thread in Talk To Webmaster, and if you don't mind, I would like to keep it consolidated there so that I can stay on top of the issues. Posts scattered all over make it very difficult for me.

Please read and follow the thread in TTW, and please help me by posting screenshots and queries there.

Been working on this for three days now!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if he is in denial, doesn't know how to fix it, or just doesn't care, but having the issue ignored, or being told to just add this or do that is getting old!!

FIX the problem!!

Before you go on a rant, you ought to get a clue. Rick has been working to fix these things with the help of some members that were seeing them. Last time we were on line everybody reported that they were having no problems. If you know what the problem is email him and tell him instead of ranting. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
I don't know if he is in denial, doesn't know how to fix it, or just doesn't care, but having the issue ignored, or being told to just add this or do that is getting old!!

FIX the problem!!

Before you go on a rant, you ought to get a clue. Rick has been working to fix these things with the help of some members that were seeing them. Last time we were on line everybody reported that they were having no problems. If you know what the problem is email him and tell him instead of ranting. miles

And if that don't work..... demand your money back.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I reported the problem a couple of times along with others having the same issue.....I even told him which ad was triggering the problem....(is that enough of a clue for you?).....we were basically blown off and told it was our computers and the stuff we were seeing was because of other sites we had visited, that was ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE....so excuse me for "going on a rant", but it aggravates me when someone tells me I'm not seeing what I'm seeing.....or blames me for something I didn't cause....

Then, Rick moves the issue and warnings from the most visited forum to one of the least visited forums while visitors are still being infected.........why??

Don't you think maybe he should be warning people that HIS site contains potentially harmful malware???

Maybe I'm wrong, but when one of my family is home with the flu and someone comes to visit, I warn them, I don't just keep quiet and let them come in and take their chances!!

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
� and a discussion via PM. �

When my PMs of 11-01-2012 are still "Unread by Rick Bin," what assurance do I have that any later PMs from me will be Read by Rick Bin?

Am I on "Ignore?"

I'm just a user � a very appreciative user � and I can not offer any help in solving this recurrent problem other than to report to all here that I'm still having the problem. "Hunter's Campfire" is very nearly the only forum that I visit here, and when I see no indication here that anyone else is having the problem that I'm having to deal with, I naturally feel honor-bound to sound an alarm.

And will continue to do so for as long as I'm permitted to post here.

"Good enough" isn't.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by milespatton

FIX the problem!!

And if that don't work..... demand your money back.

Perfect response...if you're not happy ask for a refund of what you paid!!

It's 2012 on a social interactive internet site...I periodically have ad content blocked as potentially malicious...as I do on other sites. Not a big deal really.

I also know some of the ad content is based on my browsing history, again, nothing to lose sleep over...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I reported the problem a couple of times along with others having the same issue...

And you still don't have a clue, just a rant. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

Maybe I'm wrong....

Yep, you're very wrong...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I wonder �

Wouldn't MSE or some similar program protect Rick's server, just as MSE protects my computer, while Rick is busily picking, spading, and shoveling to dig-up the root[s] of the problem?

It still seems to me that each of us users should have MSE (or something like it) protecting our 'puters while we wait for Rick's definitive solution. And MSE is FREE, lads � FREE!

I'm here to tell you, a computer crash ain't nothin' to sneeze at!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No need to wonder.

Instructions on what to do are in the thread on TTW.

What I need are screenshots if and when an occurrence happens again. And as expressed before, running multiple threads on the same issue only makes it harder for me to stay on top of it.

Thanks very much.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1minute, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,778
Posts18,495,840
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.