Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
What say ye? In my right (dominant) eye.
Due to have it taken care of in February. No big deal?

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I had cataract surgery in both eyes 2 years ago, June.

One of the best things I ever did. Went from seeing the world through crushed ice, to 20/15 vision, and 3 fstops brighter.

Surgery Friday. Removed the bandages Saturday, and they told me to use the eye, so I went to the movies. Cleared 5 days later for all physical activity. Repeat 2 weeks from the Friday with the other eye.

Slight discomfort, like a grain of sand in the eye for about a week. Good luck.

I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Mine will be the needle in the eye, break up the bad lense, suck it out, back in again with the new one and hope it unfolds correctly?
Has been killing me driving at night with the lights. During the day light having dirty glasses. In rain at night, not so much fun. Thanks for the input!

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
W
W
And thanks for that timely question!
I was just at the eye dr today to get evaluated for mid-December lens replacement due to cataract in one eye. Not my dominant eye, but might have to switch to LH shooting if it goes as well as it did for kcm (!)

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Unless your other eye is bad, your eye-dominance should not change. Eye dominance is not necessarily related to which eye sees better. It is a brain hot-wire.

Although eye dominance has been known to change with age.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I had both eyes done in September, two weeks apart. The surgery is 5-10 minutes and you're awake during the procedure. It's a little uncomfortable but no pain just a little pressure. I was pretty farsighted and my doctor chose the lenses to make me slightly nearsighted. I still wear glasses but see much better than I have in years. Crosshairs are clear and sharp now and I'm shooting smaller groups. Before, I'd screw the eyepiece as far back as it would go and it sometimes still wouldn't be sharp. I think you'll be glad you had it done. Hope all goes well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The new surgery is great, but mine only lasted two years now I need to have them redone in about six Months per last exam.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by tack
The new surgery is great, but mine only lasted two years now I need to have them redone in about six Months per last exam.

Once you remove the cataract it's gone, but you may develop some "scar tissue." This is referred to posterior capsular opacification (PCO). This can relatively easily be taken care of with a laser, but the surgery does not have to be redone.

Cataract surgery is a very common surgery with usually very good results. However, it's surgery and complications may occur, albeit relatively rare compared to other surgeries.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
IDnative, that's what I had. Same problem. I found that I could not drive at night in a snowstorm with my lights on.

It is a little weird looking at the yellow light when they destroy the old lens, but when he dropped it in, I could see immediately. The next day, I was 20/30, and in 5 days, 20/15.

Don't overdo it after the surgery. You'll have been on a valium drip, so if you work hard after, your eye will feel worse. My first one was at 2 pm, so it was easy to get home, and rest. The 2nd one was their first, get to the clinic at 0600....and I had the rest of the day. Cooked dinner for 8, and my eye felt like I was in the desert without goggles. But I recovered fine.

It's an easy operation. The next day, you'll be amazed at how much brighter your world will be. I found I could hunt 20-30 minutes later.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 22250rem, 1badf350, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,947
Posts18,519,179
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.