Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Washington (CNN) � Republican Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina will resign from his Senate seat as of December 31 to take over as head of the Heritage Foundation, CNN confirmed Thursday.
Elected in 2004, he was re-elected in 2010. His term was not up until 2016. South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, a Republican, will name a successor. A special election will then be held in 2014 for the last two years of his term

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sinking ship.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He has all his retirement bennies. Doesn't have the stomach to preside over the destruction of America.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang....

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In there will be moreas long as we the people let this crap happend

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
A press release from the Senator states:
Today, U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) announced that he will leave the Senate at the beginning of January to become the next president of The Heritage Foundation, the largest and most respected conservative think tank in America.
�It�s been an honor to serve the people of South Carolina in United States Senate for the past eight years, but now it�s time for me to pass the torch to someone else and take on a new role in the fight for America�s future.
�I�m leaving the Senate now, but I�m not leaving the fight. I�ve decided to join The Heritage Foundation at a time when the conservative movement needs strong leadership in the battle of ideas. No organization is better equipped to lead this fight and I believe my experience in public office as well as in the private sector as a business owner will help Heritage become even more effective in the years to come.
�I�m humbled to follow in the footsteps of Ed Feulner, who built the most important conservative institution in the nation. He has been a friend and mentor for years and I am honored to carry on his legacy of fighting for freedom.

My constituents know that being a Senator was never going to be my career. I came to Congress as a citizen legislator and I�ve always been determined to leave it as citizen legislator. South Carolina has a deep bench of conservative leaders and I know Governor Haley will select a great replacement.

�One of the most rewarding things I�ve done in the Senate is work with the grassroots to help elect a new generation of leaders who have the courage to fight for the principles of freedom that make this country so great. I�m confident these senators will continue the legacy of conservative leaders before them

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
He just said that he was a good friend of harry reid.
Reid is destroying this country and jim considers harry a friend?
[bleep] them both.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Looks like the neocons got DeMint out of the way.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/2...signs-to-lead-heritage-foundation/304291

In a rather surprising move, the Heritage Foundation, long known as a bastion of social- and neoconservative thought, will appoint Republican South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint as its new president in January.

DeMint, who will leave his senate seat, will replace the retiring Ed Feulner, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Despite being a traditional conservative, DeMint has urged Republican colleagues to take Ron Paul and libertarian ideas more seriously during Paul's most recent presidential campaign.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sorry to hear that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't like where America's headed any more than the senator does, but I have no respect for a man (or woman in Palin's case) that walks away from his commitments.

Should have served out his term IMO.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The Heritage Foundation needs GREAT leadership to spread the ideas of their (and our, as in America's) founding principles.

His conservative voice in the US Senate is being diluted by the Moderates and the Progressives, as well as the Democrats and the "Rockefeller" Republicans, John McCain, Lindsay Graham, etc. who are always willing to compromise. Conservatives should NEVER compromise on principles, which seems to be happening as we watch November turn into January.

In the Senate, DeMint is 1% of the membership.

If he is leading THFoundation his voice should be loud and clear. And if his agenda is more personal than principled, about 90% of the Foundation members will kick him aside for someone who WILL articulate the conservative message.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Can't say I blame him.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Yes, it ain�t like DeMint is going away. And he is to be replaced in the Senate by a great black Conservative, Tim Scott from South Carolina�s 1st congressional district.

Scott seems to have built a strong conservative record in the House since he was elected in 2010. He was one of the successful Palin endorsees.

Today she tweeted: �A great choice! DeMint has made it known in Columbia that he wants Tim Scott to be appointer to his seat, sources tell CNN.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim the Plumber
[bleep] them both.
I'm with ya...

Originally Posted by Bristoe

"Despite being a traditional conservative, DeMint has urged Republican colleagues to take Ron Paul and libertarian ideas more seriously during Paul's most recent presidential campaign."[/i]
LMAO.. Yeah, the GOP elite has to get rid of any conservative - they're focused on keepin' them RINOS and lefty moderates they're so fond of..

Never saw a party so intent on suicide.. MORONS - the lot of 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tim Scott? What?!? The only black guy in the entire Senate will be a Republican?!?! That just can't be. Republicans are raaaaaaaaaaaaccccccciiiissssssst!! I know it for a fact cuz countless liberals/democrats have assured me of that fact. Something is wrong here....

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How much daily exposure to that environment can a decent man who gives an hones sh*t about this nation be expected to bear?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Jim the Plumber
[bleep] them both.
I'm with ya...

Originally Posted by Bristoe

"Despite being a traditional conservative, DeMint has urged Republican colleagues to take Ron Paul and libertarian ideas more seriously during Paul's most recent presidential campaign."[/i]
LMAO.. Yeah, the GOP elite has to get rid of any conservative - they're focused on keepin' them RINOS and lefty moderates they're so fond of..

Never saw a party so intent on suicide.. MORONS - the lot of 'em..

It all makes sense once you understand that the neocons don't care about political parties.

If they have to kill the GOP to advance their agenda,...then they'll kill it.

,...and they have.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Neocons are leftists.

They originated in the Democratic party.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Tim Scott? What?!? The only black guy in the entire Senate will be a Republican?!?! That just can't be. Republicans are raaaaaaaaaaaaccccccciiiissssssst!! I know it for a fact cuz countless liberals/democrats have assured me of that fact. Something is wrong here....

smile

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Fred Barnes at the Weekly Standard has more on the benefits of Tim Scott as a replacement for Senator DeMint:
�With Republican Jim DeMint�s resignation from the Senate, Republicans now have a chance to take a bold and politically beneficial step by making Congressman Tim Scott the new senator from South Carolina.

Governor Nikki Haley, a Republican, will appoint DeMint�s replacement once he resigns in April to take over the Heritage Foundation in Washington. The appointee would then run in 2014 for the final two years of DeMint�s term, set to expire in 2016.

Scott would be the first African American Republican in the Senate since Ed Brooke of Massachusetts. But Scott is no Ed Brooke, a liberal Republican who was defeated in 1978 by Democrat Paul Tsongas.

Scott is a reliable conservative. He was first elected in 2010 in the House district in the Charleston area�one of the most conservative districts in the country. In the House, he declined to join the liberal Congressional Black Caucus, which consists entirely of Democrats.

In Congress, Scott has become an influential member and, if he doesn�t jump to the Senate, is likely to move up the leadership ladder among House Republicans. Besides his conservatism, he is known for his likeability and skill in developing personal relationships with other House members.

As a senator, Scott would be highly visible. He would counter Democratic claims that Republicans are, at best, indifferent to minorities. His opposition to Democratic initiatives would draw national attention.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 32 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.