-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The People Magazine story (which, by the way, seemed to be very well researched) indicated that Dallas had decided to move to either northwestern Canada or Alaska. He was trapping bobcats to make enough money to pay off the bar owner where he had been living and running up a tab, so that he could leave with a clean slate.

Even in civilized surroundings, seemingly innocuous things like the service of a warrant, or even just a welfare check, can escalate and go terribly wrong because of the volatility of the emotions of the individuals involved. Sometimes it's one-sided and sometimes it's mutual, as it seems to have been in this case. Tom Russel said in his song, "there may be no right or wrong", but it looks to me like neither Dallas nor Pogue was trying to do the "right thing", whatever that was, in this situation.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
During the proceedings, Dallas said that they were going to take him in. He wanted to tend his livestock before they left and Pogue wouldn't let him. Things went south from there.
That was Dallas' story. I don't know know what really happened.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard that Pogue drew-down on Dallas, and Dallas fired "in self-defense."

What evidence, if any? (In other words, How does anybody know?)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I've had two LEO's draw down on me over the years, sometimes they have to do that till they figure out whats going on, I never tried/wanted to kill either one of them.

They do look at ya kinda funny if ya smile at 'em though. smile

Gunner

Trump Won!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Funny, in my mind I can picture that.... grin

Can't see why anyone would worry 'bout a powder puff.....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
Funny, in my mind I can picture that.... grin

Can't see why anyone would worry 'bout a powder puff.....

George

laugh No kiddin' LOL

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mudhen
The People Magazine story (which, by the way, seemed to be very well researched) indicated that Dallas had decided to move to either northwestern Canada or Alaska. He was trapping bobcats to make enough money to pay off the bar owner where he had been living and running up a tab, so that he could leave with a clean slate.

Even in civilized surroundings, seemingly innocuous things like the service of a warrant, or even just a welfare check, can escalate and go terribly wrong because of the volatility of the emotions of the individuals involved. Sometimes it's one-sided and sometimes it's mutual, as it seems to have been in this case. Tom Russel said in his song, "there may be no right or wrong", but it looks to me like neither Dallas nor Pogue was trying to do the "right thing", whatever that was, in this situation.

Best Post yet,......in a FIELD of very good posts.

Kudos

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Heck Gunner, don't sugar coat it. Just tell us what you're really thinking. crazy smile grin

Sorry blush I better go have more coffee and be nice. LOL

Gunner

Don't be sorry, I thought it was perfect!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Where's W.H Pogue buried?

Next time I'm thru that country I might need to take a pis.s...

BTW....your boys done a damn fine job. They lost the war but won the battle....no they lost the battle but won the war.....wait...they lost the war AND they lost the battle. But they stopped a guy from surviving by himself and instead put him on the taxpayers dole for 22 years.

You fu.ckers sure are bright.

Congrats?

Tell me, what do your "buddies" that are game wardens think of your view.
You are full of schit and a real piece of work.
Good luck.

Have Dog

Will Travel

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
It just amazes me that there are so many geniuses on here and most from out of state and you do not even know all of the families involved in this mess. Most of you I do not even recognize other than when there is something to flame over. Other than Mr. Howell and Rockchuck I haven't read anything other than testosterone. Go figure.....

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by idnative1948
It just amazes me that there are so many geniuses on here and most from out of state and you do not even know all of the families involved in this mess. Most of you I do not even recognize other than when there is something to flame over. Other than Mr. Howell and Rockchuck I haven't read anything other than testosterone. Go figure.....

Generalize much?

Talk about genius and fanning flames.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
I've had two LEO's draw down on me over the years, sometimes they have to do that till they figure out whats going on, I never tried/wanted to kill either one of them.

They do look at ya kinda funny if ya smile at 'em though. smile

Gunner

Was unnecessarily and hostilely held at gunpoint by a game warden one day, well over thirty years ago. I am still half pizzed about it, would love to have had the ability to take that gun from him and busted his front teeth out with it. He had earned that.

Point a loaded gun in someones face unnecessarily isn't looked at kindly, by some. I did feel like my life was being threatened.

Seems to me mistakes were made on both sides of the fence that day in 1981, Tragic mistakes, and a lot of folks have paid a large price ever since.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And what have you offered genius ?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok

And what have you offered genius ?

Not sure what knowing the families will get you other than a biased point of view, as opposed to those who have no emotional ties when reporting on the incident in question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No clue who all the folks that day in 81 affected, but have had a young child sitting o my living room floor, as a news story about Dallas came on TV say "that man killed my Grampa".
And I am gonna leave this thread at that.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wageslave
Tell me, what do your "buddies" that are game wardens think of your view.

Well...when we talked about it a few years back they thought Pogue was c.unt....they hated Dallas for what he'd done.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by 700LH

No clue who all the folks that day in 81 affected, but have had a young child sitting o my living room floor, as a news story about Dallas came on TV say "that man killed my Grampa".
And I am gonna leave this thread at that.

Enough said, end of story from here also.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Your a sick dog, you should be banned from the campfire.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I see that you live in a state that legalized pot and gay marriage, you and your state will soon be in the sewer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aces:
Do you think any of Claud's reaction to the wardens was colored by his experience with the FBI 10 years earlier?

Claud had a run in with plain clothes FBI on a draft issue at the end of the Viet Nam war.

They jumped him at the ranch he was working at and treated him badly......
even though he was not resisting. Said FBI said that they would hound him even if he was found not guilty. Pards said that he was a changed man when he returned and vowed not to be taken by LE ever again.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (AceBall, 7887mm08, 3dtestify, 358wsm, 280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 15 invisible), 988 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,131
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.