-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,041 of 1,842 1 2 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yep,I have to miss the last weekend ,even though I have unfilled tags,to attend a funeral in Bemidiji. frown

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Grizzly Bill,our season is open till January 1st.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I need to buy a muzzle loader again. I sold mine because I didn't like it, and borrowed one last year to head to Chickenbuck.

Maybe Santa will be good to me?

Are you going to make in to the woods this weekend Stan? Good luck to all that are.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave
last weekend of black powder... last weekend of deer hunting all together really (since I don't bow hunt)

I have a compound bow with all the accessories that could use the dust knocked off of it. Arrows, release, broadheads. It's ready to roll! wink

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
More than just seeing Stan's new rifle, I want to see it laying next to a deer!

Lake froze over last night. No more swimming, dang it.

Pulling for some Chickenbuck deer shootin' this weekend. Gonna call up my Pastor and see if he wants to chase a rooster around with me.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Gonna call up my Pastor and see if he wants to chase a rooster around with me.

Runj Rooster, run! grin

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hopefully, he doesn't give you the Father Nelson.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
well Dave how did you do tonight?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Hopefully, he doesn't give you the Father Nelson.

what's the father nelson? do I dare ask?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Not worth a chit, Keith.

But the inside temp in the cabin is up to 60, cubed venison is cooking on the stove for a batch of chili. outside temp heading towards zero. And the propane lights are flicckering like the tank is going empty lol.

But my beer is cold and i got my good buddy and number one camp hand Nate out here and we're planning tomorrows hunt in spite of the terribly low deer population.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it is any consolation I got everyone else pretty much filled and need a recipe for tag soup for me laugh dang weather turned nice after they left laugh

BTW You can run over and borrow one of my propane bottles wink

Seriously sometimes when they get too cold they just don't generate gas well.

Good friends, cold beer and hunting camp...does it get any better?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'm going out for one last hurrah with the muzzleloader tomorrow afternoon. Gotta take the kids xmas shopping in the morning, then it will be time for venison chasing. Hopefully they are up and moving before the snow rolls in tomorrow night.

Keith....did you get any wild game this year, elk, deer ot antelope? Or zip, zero, zilch on all three?

Jeff

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No it dont get much better Keith. If you find a recipe for them tags I can contribute about a bushel of unpunche tags.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have 2 from PA.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by j_elky
I'm going out for one last hurrah with the muzzleloader tomorrow afternoon. Gotta take the kids xmas shopping in the morning, then it will be time for venison chasing. Hopefully they are up and moving before the snow rolls in tomorrow night.

Keith....did you get any wild game this year, elk, deer ot antelope? Or zip, zero, zilch on all three?

Jeff

Jeff,

I got a buck antelope grin I ate 5 other tags because our weather was real wierd. just how it goes sometimes.

Still have a lion tag whistle

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I haven't been 'lope hunting in at least 6 or 7 years. I love it out in the sage brush country!!

Where do you do your goat hunting?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like to hunt the southwest corner when I can draw a tag. I have to be honest..I didn't fill the 2 doe antelope tags by choice..iffy shots as the bucks were still rutting... and deer hunting just sucked here this year. EHD went through the whitetail herd and it was too warm during mule deer season so they were pretty nocturnal. Passed on little bucks so they would have a chance to grow up. Never even cut a fresh elk track...last year the dang things were everywhere and I didn't have a tag for the unit. I think my pard sprayed my tags with elk repellant laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I don't normally do this but I would like to take the time to ask you guys and gals for some thoughts and prayers for my Uncle Gene.

Gene is the nicest, funniest man you will ever meet. Always full of life and energy and an extremely quick wit. A farmer by trade that just doesn't know how to sit still. If he's not in the field, he has some some piece of equipment torn apart in his shop or he's ice fishing in the winter.

On thursday he was cutting wood for his son and my cousin/best friend. Wood that didn't need to be cut because there is plenty for this winter and most of next. Wood that his son told him not to mess with while alone.

My cousin got off of work and noticed the loader tractor was gone from the farm. He knew right away that Gene had gone to cut wood so he drove across the field and down to the woods to help like he would any other day. He found his Dad lying on the ground with his arms out stetched and blood all over his swollen face and head. He was concious and said that he thinks he had a stroke becaue he can't move. He said he cut a tree down and stepped back out of the way and that is the last thing he remembers. It appears that a different tree came down at the same time and landed on top of his head. He was life flighted to the hospital where he currently is awaiting surgery for crushed vertebrae and spinal cord injuries. He has regained movement in his legs and feet but still cannot move his arms. He has stitches in his head and his eyes are all but swollen shut but he still has his sense of humor. Even though its a chore to speak, he has had the nurses and doctors laughing their heads off and when I went to see him one of the first things he said to me was that he was due for a check up anyway. crazy

Well anyway...sorry this got long but if you could just send a little prayer his way, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Rooster7; 12/08/12.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
prayers sent for uncle Gene, hoping for a full recovery, at least he's talking and joking.

I knocked myself cold yesterday with a sledge hammer at work. I was tearing down some old corrals and hit a board and was on the ground with loose teeth. it was over my head and I think the handle bounced straight down into my right cheek, swelled up good, still sore. did make it out hunting this morning, saw lots of bucks but that season is done, least for me.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Prayers sent for Uncle Gene.

Page 1,041 of 1,842 1 2 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1936M71, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,473
Posts18,489,910
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.