-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Browning's straight grip BLRs fit me like a glove for some reason.

Remingtion's Ti, however I no longer own Remington rifles

Ruger Boat Paddles

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ruger M77
M77 MK II
Hawkeye

Pretty much in that order. Just perfect for me, always have been.

Me

J
jay Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
The older Ruger 77 stocks come up like they were custom fit for me, as does the Boat Paddles. Strange thing is I have never killed a deer with a Ruger, owned and shot many, just never grab them when time to hunt.
Jay

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jay
The older Ruger 77 stocks come up like they were custom fit for me, as does the Boat Paddles. Strange thing is I have never killed a deer with a Ruger, owned and shot many, just never grab them when time to hunt.
Jay

I got to say that is pretty [bleep] up. If they fit you like that, that's the one I'd grab....Most of the time I am grabbing my Rugers. The M77 is durable as hell and won't let you down either....unlike some of the other pos out there...Not going to mention any names....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the Sako Hunter pattern McMillans best, but also do well with Brown Precisions, Bansners, Weatherbys and the B&C configurations on the TI and Winchester Extreme Weathers.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This: Just about perfect for me. "All original" pre 64 fwt with montecarlo and aluminum butt plate:

[Linked Image]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by teal
Ruger M77
M77 MK II
Hawkeye

Pretty much in that order. Just perfect for me, always have been.

I have a 77mk2, Hawkeye African and several No. 1s. They all fit me better than any other factory stocks I've handled.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Funny how we're all different, BSA. I can tolerate that setup, but even in .30-06, ouch! Difference in body type, etc., kind of make this thread meaningless if you think about it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
Funny how we're all different, BSA. I can tolerate that setup, but even in .30-06, ouch! Difference in body type, etc., kind of make this thread meaningless if you think about it.

Not really, but you are right: what fits one will absolutely not fit another...I hated the B&C stock on the EW I bought from you and put a mcmillan edge on it and now it's great....Good thing there are so many choices and options out there grin

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really like the Sako-ish models if using something with a monte-carlo. If going for more of a straight model, the Remington Mountain Rifle stock fits me really well, as does the CDL. No flies on the reverse-cut forend tip stocks that Remington has used on sporter laminates. I like that stock on magnum contours or boomers if using a factory handle.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of the first things looked at with a fine shotgun is having the critical dimensions of the stock taylored to fit the shooter so that the gun will mount and shoot where one is looking. Don't see this done too much with the generic stocks of hunting rifles, other than maybe adjusting length of pull. Watched a Youtube video not too long ago that showcased a professional shooter for one of the Euro top shelf hunting rifles. The guy was making incredible fast and furious multiple kills on fast moving driven boar. He stressed the importance of spending the time and money to have a custom stock fit, same as one would do with a shotgun.

We tend to spend tons on optics, pretty wood, big name fiberglass, etc., but, rarely does anyone custom fit a rifle stock.

Later smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
J
jay Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jay
Jay

I got to say that is pretty [bleep] up. If they fit you like that, that's the one I'd grab....Most of the time I am grabbing my Rugers. The M77 is durable as hell and won't let you down either....unlike some of the other pos out there...Not going to mention any names....

Yup, that's me, pretty p u.
thanks Jay

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jay
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by jay
Jay

Yup, that's me, pretty p u.
thanks Jay

Nah, I love my Rugers too but I take them out hunting and leave the pre 64's at home. The pre 64 fwt's fit me like a glove so I guess I'm pretty PU'd too grin...Here's my "go to" elk rifle: Ruger m77 mkII 338 win mag:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mark V Roy

Molan Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Montana so far

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a Mauser in a B&C Medalist with the cheekpiece that felt really good. Then I had a custom Win 70 in a Brown Precision with the cheekpiece that also felt great. For me, it's become about the cheekpiece with a relatively straight stock. My current gun is a Win 70 EW SS in a the B&C Medalist and it fits just about perfect.

"Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At a standing position in the field the quickest sight picture for me is a M99A with the straight grip stock. Otherwise I like the fit of my Ruger M77s.

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have(all on pre 64 M70's)and like mcm compact edge, brown, bansner and rimrock, but when it comes to the best fit for me it is for sure the echols legend.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bansner and Rimrock in synthetic; pre-64 model 70 fwt and Rem 700 classic in wood

J
jay Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Nice looking, good shooting rifle bsa...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 45 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,092
Posts18,501,957
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.