Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The 260 strikes again! Nice buck Pat.Love those old one's with the funky racks! wink

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't ya love it when a plan comes together???

nice story as always Pat...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a cool old warrior. Nice going Pat!
And nice job on the trifecta! grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!

Gotta love a Hat Trick!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Pat;
Thanks for sharing your usual clear photos with us, it looks to be the makings of a perfect hunt.

I really like the character in that old mulie buck and 8� is positively geriatric or surely would be up in our part of the world anyway.

Taking two coyotes along with that grand old boy would be just sweet icing on top. cool

Thanks again Pat for sharing your hunt with us. All the best to you and your fine family this Christmas Season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nice shooting !!

In the mule deer world is that considered a cull buck? Sure looks like bad genetics to me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Nice shooting !!

In the mule deer world is that considered a cull buck? Sure looks like bad genetics to me.

I thought I was on ignore.......poor attempt to throw a slam my way. How many 8 1/2 year old mule deer bucks have you killed?

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I killed one that was about 14 yrs. old. His rack was no where near as nice as your's Pat.
As far as I'm concerned, such animals are not just harder, but far harder to collect than anything under 4 yrs. of age.
You killed a fine buck by any standard. E

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Nice shooting !!

I thought I was on ignore.......poor attempt to throw a slam my way. How many 8 1/2 year old mule deer bucks have you killed?

Too funny! I have a felling you don't care what some one may think, even if he is a "campfire orafice" Good going!

Golden............
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a cool old buck Pat! Talk about an old salt... Love the bases on him.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nice shooting !!

I don't have anyone on ignore. NEver used it.

Have we had a bad run in? I don't honestly recall.

Look, I"m sorry if it offended, I simply asked a question since I don't know mule deer. I know whitetails and that would be bad genetics or a really old deer past his prime.

I"ve not killed but 2 muleys. Both young. You asked. I have killed a few whitetails with teeth too old to age according to the biologists, but I have no clue at what you are getting at.

If you want a pat on the back for killing an old buck, note my OP... congrats, and great job.

These keyboard conversations sure can get panties in a wad really quickly. I often end up almost posting a comment or question around here only to delete it because someone MIGHT take it wrong somehow. My apologies on this one. Should just ignore most folks I guess. Should read and not comment.

Slam. YOu'd have known it if it was a slam.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...5920229/GAP_10_6MM_Creedmoor#Post5920229

Short memory? Check out page two.

FWIW, you're invited again this spring.....please show up and humble me.

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No surprise, another know it all and further he's shot two baby mulies so he must be an expert. Shooting a mature animal is the key, to those that watch too much TV insist score is all that matters, quite a shame.

Heck of a deer BTW, congrats!!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
scenar,

Congrats on another great old buck and the yotes ! That is almost my dream buck, as I have been in search of a monster 2x2, but I would of had no issue taking that old stud at all ! wink

Quinton

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Wow, that bothered you? Thin skin? Like I said, nice deer, nice shot, but was curious as to genetics, but NO we won't go there, we have to harp on some post I made thats the truth.

All the post refers to is you don't have to pay uber bucks for a name smith to have a knot shooter. Pretty simple there.

And then challenging me to a shooting match has nothign to do with the ability of the smiths.

Of course I could challenge you to meet me at Camp Perry too, but knowing you won't be there and I don't have time to play your games at home, its a moot point.

Again, my congrats on a fine deer, and a fine shot. Slam it was not. Neither was the other post. But some are type A and some type B personalities.

But once again... age or genetics? Simple question that I don't know the answer to but would like to. No clue if WT and MD genetics are the same at all.

In the meantime its really close to that time of the year and I wish you and yours a truly Merry CHRISTmas season.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
To answer your question, if you are going to cull geneticly inferior bucks, you do it when they are young before they pass on their genes. Not when they are 8 plus years old. By then, they have already passed on their genes. E

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The point of the question wasn't when or how this was harvested, it was is that a genetic issue or not. IE is it related to genetics or related to age.

I have no clue if muleys run the same as whitetails.

And yes you cull at young ages, at least in whitetails you do. I've done more than my fair share of that over the years. Running a ranch where we had to harvest over 300 deer a year, you get tired of shooting enough does and cull bucks.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nice job Pat!

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice hunt. Like a thrill a minute.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Wow, that bothered you? Thin skin? Like I said, nice deer, nice shot, but was curious as to genetics, but NO we won't go there, we have to harp on some post I made thats the truth.

All the post refers to is you don't have to pay uber bucks for a name smith to have a knot shooter. Pretty simple there.

And then challenging me to a shooting match has nothign to do with the ability of the smiths.

Of course I could challenge you to meet me at Camp Perry too, but knowing you won't be there and I don't have time to play your games at home, its a moot point.

Again, my congrats on a fine deer, and a fine shot. Slam it was not. Neither was the other post. But some are type A and some type B personalities.

But once again... age or genetics? Simple question that I don't know the answer to but would like to. No clue if WT and MD genetics are the same at all.

In the meantime its really close to that time of the year and I wish you and yours a truly Merry CHRISTmas season.

How do you know I woundn't show up at Camp Perry?....I'm in.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 74 invisible), 3,216 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,105
Posts18,483,265
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.