Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Not seeking a debate here and I mean no offense to anyone. But, there are some odd ideas from very mis-informed folk.

1. God already has "sorted it out". His position on the issue of [bleep] is well known, unwavering, and just. [bleep] is an abomination, i.e. he holds as an especially vile sin, an affront, and insult to Himself.

2. The same God that has already sorted it out also says that "the saints will judge the world." Some of the "holier than thou" posters referred to are saints and are fully qualified for the job of judging what the scriptures say because they acutally know what the scriptures say and have the word of God on the matter. If you are not a saint then you are not qualified and should refrain from judging eternal things. On this i agree.

3. God commands that we exercise judgment and righeousness (see Jerimiah 22) and that we should preserve in sound judgment and discernment (see Proverbs 3). To say that we should not judge at all is absurd. The verse "Judge not that thou shall not be judged" refers to rash and unreasoned judgement, not judgement based clear and obvious scripture.

4. What our nation and others do is our business, as God holds everyone in a nation responsbile for the sins of the nation. Few if any are spared when that which is sown blossoms to fullness. We ain't seen bad yet. A bad harvest is coming.

Again, not throwing stones. Just saying how it is.

+1

Well said

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"[bleep] is an abomination..."

Most of the guys I hunt with trim their beards and sideburns, even though this is expressly forbidden by God. Says so in Leviticus 19:27. Should I smite them? How should they die?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have to commend you for speaking to the argument presented.

Even if one conceded that all disorders are largely self inflicted, the expenditures are still badly out of balance.

The argument then becomes one of degrees and the correlation between behavior and disease, I mean, excuse me, HIV disability is so high that it is like arguing from the rule to the exception. There is, no doubt some amount of behavior contributes to health problems of many kinds but I would submit to you that the correlation is nowhere so high as that involved in AIDs. Many folks with diseases that are even the major causes of death were just born into the wrong family. Much deadly disease, like ALS or pancreatic cancer, to just name a couple are caused as far as we know by just standing there. What did these folks knowingly do or fail to do? Why aren't their problems such a major priority? POLITICS and political correctness.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
"Most of the guys I hunt with trim their beards and sideburns, even though this is expressly forbidden by God. Says so in Leviticus 19:27. Should I smite them? How should they die?"

Pretty sure God can handle his own smiting. I take the offered comments as merely a word to the wise about playing on the ecclesiastical freeway. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
And for the holier than though posters, it also says judge NOT....
Not that I ever have been or will be interested in being the judge of any of their behavior, but please specify where "it" says one should not "judge" regarding such behavior. Don't need some out-of-context quote - requesting in-context and accurate meaning.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The government has no place making marriage a legal institution, gay or straight. Period.

If two guys or gals want to say they're married, I could care less. I could also care less what Big Brother thinks about me wanting to marry someone.

I'm not a gay rights proponent, I'm anti-government intervention in religion.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
The government has no place making marriage a legal institution, gay or straight. Period.

If two guys or gals want to say they're married, I could care less. I could also care less what Big Brother thinks about me wanting to marry someone.

I'm not a gay rights proponent, I'm anti-government intervention in religion.

+1

They should all be civil unions unless performed in your church, which at that point is your buis.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Researchers are now using a modified version of HIV to fight leukemia by rewiring the immune system and turning WBC's into cancer cell killers.
http://rt.com/news/girl-leukemia-treatment-hiv-702/

Will this type of research disappear when obamacare is implemented?

Time will tell, if using modified HIV to target leukemic cells to be killed by the host immune system, is a gateway strategy for treating other, if not all, cancers.

Doubtful if this type of research will disappear under Ocare. If anything, if this novel use of HIV is generally applicable to cancer treatment, health care costs should fall since the current treatments for cancer is a huge income stream for medical care providers and Big Pharma.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
[quote=TooDogs]

Remember folks, if she gives great head the first time, she didn't learn from practicing on you.

Priceless Jim, just priceless! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoiler
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by okok
You know how to tell if a guy is gay?

See if he sucks your dick after two drinks?

Travis

lol....no. If his breath smells like chit, he's gay.

I've always liked the scent of snatch and have always wondered if queers get turned on by the smell of a fart or if the sound of a fart is like their mating call.

Buncha crazy Mother Fk'rs!....That's freagin funny.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
That's funny, the only arguments you've offered are variations of the old ivory tower mantra:

"I am right because I am smart and you are dumb."

Fallacious, not very endearing, but cute, in a arrogant sort of way.

ummmmm.... you missed the post suggesting getting your lazy ass to do a little PubMed reading on HIV/AIDs research before making a turd and calling us over to take a look and marvel at what a smart boy you are.

I am right because peer reviewed published facts support my claims. You are dumb because you are not afraid, if not downright proud, to show everyone what you don't know.

I like your ivory tower mantra, at least this variation of it.

Carbon,

Your assertion that arguments can be refuted does not, in any way, actually refute them. You can see that, right?

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you are ok that Seminole on here is gay???

He was worried he would be judged

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Not seeking a debate here and I mean no offense to anyone. But, there are some odd ideas from very mis-informed folk.

1. God already has "sorted it out". His position on the issue of [bleep] is well known, unwavering, and just. [bleep] is an abomination, i.e. he holds as an especially vile sin, an affront, and insult to Himself.

2. The same God that has already sorted it out also says that "the saints will judge the world." Some of the "holier than thou" posters referred to are saints and are fully qualified for the job of judging what the scriptures say because they acutally know what the scriptures say and have the word of God on the matter. If you are not a saint then you are not qualified and should refrain from judging eternal things. On this i agree.

3. God commands that we exercise judgment and righeousness (see Jerimiah 22) and that we should preserve in sound judgment and discernment (see Proverbs 3). To say that we should not judge at all is absurd. The verse "Judge not that thou shall not be judged" refers to rash and unreasoned judgement, not judgement based clear and obvious scripture.

4. What our nation and others do is our business, as God holds everyone in a nation responsbile for the sins of the nation. Few if any are spared when that which is sown blossoms to fullness. We ain't seen bad yet. A bad harvest is coming.

Again, not throwing stones. Just saying how it is.

Your just saying how it is from a book written and edited by MEN.

Just how many gays do you actually know? From your posting it would seem none. Get back with us when your better equiped to debat on current events. Everything in the Bible is not absolute. Many things in the New Testament contradict the Old Testament. Who's to say some of the things in the New Testament can't be disputed now?

It's easy to quota Bible verses when you don't have any close relatives who are gay. You sheild yourself by burying your head in the Bible declaring it an "abomination".

Choice/not a choice. Pffft. Wish I could introduce you to my brother and you could tell him it's a choice. Let him give you the run down on being outcasted by our father. Let him tell you about the pain and misery he's had to endure for so many years. Yeah he just loves being an "abomination". He has "chosen" to be this way about as much as my dog chose his own name.

Mako this isn't about crime it's about being gay. More people are sexually assalted by heterosexuals than gays molesting same sex. Both of those are "ABOMINATIONS" though.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by achadwick
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
That's funny, the only arguments you've offered are variations of the old ivory tower mantra:

"I am right because I am smart and you are dumb."

Fallacious, not very endearing, but cute, in a arrogant sort of way.

ummmmm.... you missed the post suggesting getting your lazy ass to do a little PubMed reading on HIV/AIDs research before making a turd and calling us over to take a look and marvel at what a smart boy you are.

I am right because peer reviewed published facts support my claims. You are dumb because you are not afraid, if not downright proud, to show everyone what you don't know.

I like your ivory tower mantra, at least this variation of it.

Carbon,

Your assertion that arguments can be refuted does not, in any way, actually refute them. You can see that, right?

Yep.

It is that whole 'give a man a fish vs. teach a man to fish' thing. Moreover, OT needs to do the literature research on his own. My telling him anything here is a waste of my typing. I use too many 75 cent, ivory tower words for his self-limited vocabulary. He won't be swayed from his own self-inflicted ignorance. Similar to what he asserts of homosexuals, he does not have to be ignorant, he chooses to be ignorant

Last edited by carbon12; 12/11/12. Reason: uuurp
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Ad-hominem statements do nothing to enhance your credibility. You can see that too, right?

d.v.

Musings on TDS
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Maybe there are many studies published in well respected, peer review journals that refute every one of your assertions. And no, I won't produce any of them. You can do your own research.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ad-hominem statements do nothing to enhance your credibility. You can see that too, right?

May not enhance but usually they don't hurt credibility either. You know that right?

No denying that when done well, they are great fun and have a whole bunch of entertainment value. Especially here. It is a target rich environment.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Maybe there are many studies published in well respected, peer review journals that refute every one of your assertions. And no, I won't produce any of them. You can do your own research.

The gross preponderance of the published data suggests very strongly, if not verging on irrefutable, that the directed research on HIV/AIDs has been an invaluable asset to the biological sciences and will continue to be so. The use of modified HIV to treat leukemia is the current high profile harbinger of what is to come. Most would gladly accept any crumb like that off the HIV table and not be shy to beg for more.

Have not seen any Youtube videos arguing the contrary. You must have some links though. Care to share?

Last edited by carbon12; 12/11/12. Reason: uuuuuurp
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
My mistake. I thought you are interested in rational discourse, but your statement makes clear that you, sir, are just a troll.

d.v.

Musings on TDS
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My wife had a couple gay friends in college. They were nice guys and had no interest in straight guys.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (21, 12344mag, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 38 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,796
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.