Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I've read on another website that Bob Munden passed away yesterday (12/10). I haven't been able to confirm that yet, but the last time I saw him, he looked pretty sick. That was a few years ago.

Bob was known as "The Fastest Gun Who Ever Lived" and held many speed shooting world records. He was also a renowned pistolsmith.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That sucks, I enjoyed his shooting shows.

RIP Bob Munden, and Godspeed to his Family and Friends.

Gunner

Trump Won!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yes I saw that. I used to really enjoy watching him do his thing with a handgun. A master for sure.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I hate to hear that. I use to love to watch him on Shooting USA. He was very fast.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
To bad, I talked with him for about half and hour at SHOT last year. He was a good guy, down to earth as they come.

RIP Bob

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats a shame. Seemed like a good guy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most definitely a skilled shooter.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sad stuff,...he use to come up here and show his stuff!( about 200yds north of where i sit rite now)......sad.....rip .. on the tv, the one shot at what/? 300yds with 2" stub nose.....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RIP Bob. My Ruger SBH has a Munden custom action job. I went to Bob's house for the action job. Bob and his wife were gracious hosts. Bob was quite a character.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Click on any topic below to access previous In His Own Words articles.
� How is your health, Bob? August, 2011
Okay, okay, I didn�t know the crew from Shooting USA�s Impossible Shots was going to tape me talking about my health. Well they had a camera crew recording my interview, but I was somehow surprised that they aired the part when I talked about my health problems. Go figure. Camera crew not do their job? Unlikely.
Well, I�ve never been shy about talking about what�s going on. Yes, my kidneys are not happy right now. I have never had a drink or puff off a cigarette, but other things can cause problems too, like growing up poor and liking to have lots of food when I could get it. In fact, as a kid, hunting for my family with guns, a bow, sling-shots and rowboat paddles that my brothers and I used to finish off wounded ducks in the lake, those activities filled the big pot of soup my mom always had ready at our house in Big Bear, Calif.

Oh yes, then an extremely busy professional Fast-Draw competition schedule followed by a very demanding contract to entertain at school assemblies � then traveling for all the other performances Becky and I have done for 42 years across the country and overseas � we got hooked on fast, fast-food from the as the then advertised �wholesome� foods from new restaurants like McDonalds that popped up and made our lives easier, and later, not so healthy.

Okay, I wore out my knees with hard-core athletics. When I was in my 40s I tried to get my knees replaced because I have zero cartilage, but I was told I was too young. Should have maybe kept looking for a surgeon, but our schedule didn�t allow that and I basically had to stop exercising regularly and ended up with what so many other people have these days, Type II diabetes. Wonderful.

Did I really know what was going to happen with diabetes? Nope. I was at the range, on stage, in the shop and on the road.

Now I know for sure that you can�t go on ignoring diabetes and eating what you want when you want � or skip breakfast. And you have to find a way to keep exercising.

I still have 20/10 vision in both eyes, don�t take cholesterol medication, my heart is good and I lost a bunch of weight, but as of now I need to start on dialysis and my liver isn�t too happy either. Oh, Man. But I�m going to do it and then move forward with trying to get my body back to reasonable shape as I continue to work in the shop, go to the range, ride my Harley with Becky and enjoy my family.

So, I am doing pretty good for the shape I�m in. Thanks for all your good wishes. The crew from SUSA�s Impossible Shots is coming back up to Montana in October to film for another season. Do I have good ideas lined up?

Of course! � Bob Munden

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That is sad news, indeed. I watch him in Anchorage and was awestruck at his speed and accuracy.

May he rest in peace.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sad news indeed.....the man was magic with a SAA.......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bummer. I enjoyed Bob's segments on ShootingUSA, awesome talent and seemed like quite the character. RIP...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sad news. I used to love to watch him on ESPN before they banished all their outdoor shows. Picked up his DVD at Cabelas just a couple of months ago.

RIP Bob. You will be missed.

Last edited by walt501; 12/11/12.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If true I hope he had an easy passing and now Rests in Eternal Peace. He was one of the best.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Munden

Seen Joe Bowman a the Ruger Booth in 2009, he died later that summer...

RIP to these guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RIP

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
hate to hear that Rocky. I always felt Bob Munden was one of the good guys.

Sam......

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bob Munden (February 8, 1942 - December 10, 2012) Kansas City, Missouri, United States[1], is a world-renowned exhibition shooter with all types of firearms, but is most well known for holding 18 world-records in Fast Draw and holding the title, "Fastest Man with a Gun Who Ever Lived."

Bob Munden started his shooting career at age 11. Beginning in high school, Bob competed in Jeff Cooper's Big Bear "Leatherslaps" shooting competitions at Big Bear Lake, California in the 1950s. The Leatherslaps eventually became the South Western Combat Pistol League (SWCPL). When Bob Munden was 17, he placed second in the 1958 Leatherslap using a Colt .45 Single Action borrowed from Cooper. He claims to have won over 3,500 fast draw trophies.

Since taking up exhibition shooting, Bob Munden has given many demonstrations to audiences, once with John Satterwhite. Bob Munden has also given shooting demonstrations on television shows the world over, most notably featured in "Super Humans" on the History Channel, American Shooter, Shooting USA, Shooting USA's Impossible Shots and Ripley's Believe it or Not. Munden has also become a custom gunsmith.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Watching Bob was always fun for me. He will be missed by many.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 29 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,746
Posts18,495,188
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.