Hop To
Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Mink

Sad that you are just the other side of their coin, no different in your choice to use this tragic sad event to make your own statement about your political beliefs.
I can only speak for myself, but I don't consider fundamental liberty (the alternative being tyranny) to be a mere "political position." YMMV. Too many Americans have given their lives to preserve what you so callously dismiss as trivial.

Politics or idealogy, this is not the thread to voice that. If anything transcends politics, the killing of small children qualifies.
In the abstract, it's quite sad to contemplate the death of children, but how many children die each day? Far more important is the potential for exploitation by the left of tragedies like this in order to further rob us of that most precious jewel of liberty.

You're a dick with no sense.

GB1

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People making fake facebook pages need their fingers chopped off.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Leave it to the media and pretty soon they will say George Bush was the shooter

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
anit that the truth......sad chit

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't believe the Media, Fox was interviewing a eight years old on the phone asking the kid what they saw and heard .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Foxnews reporting that Ryan Lanza was NOT the shooter. Adam Lanza, age 20, the younger brother was the shooter.

Report I see on Fox still identifies Ryan as the shooter. I saw another report that a brother was found dead in NJ, though?

I now see that Fox has edited the story to name Adam instead of Ryan.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I know, interviewing little kids for shock value, they should be ashamed. Also what parent lets their 8 year old talk to reporters about this type of thing, WTF.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by heavywalker
I know, interviewing little kids for shock value, they should be ashamed. Also what parent lets their 8 year old talk to reporters about this type of thing, WTF.

Yep. I caught that and found it appalling.

Phuggin media whores.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have a tough time wrapping my head around killing people/kids that I don't know. I can almost understand when shooter shoots bad guy 2 because they had issues but innocent kids and people?

There are some very sick F&*%# out there.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The story will be so muddled by the end of the day that there will be 100 different versions of what happened.

So far i have heard the following reports.

2 shooters
1 shooter dead another in custody
Only one shooter
Ryan was the shooter
No Adam Was the shooter
Girlfriend is dead
Girlfriend is missing
Dad is dead
Mom is dead at home
Mom is dead at school
Mom is still alive
Brother is dead at another location
2 dead
20 dead
27 dead
26 dead
18 children and 8 adults dead
Kindergarten class dead
1st grade class dead
Shooter war body armor
Shooter had bullet proof vest
Shooter dressed in black

The fact is the ass holes will say anything they want, true or not, the end result will be that nobody will know what really happened. What a joke the media is these days.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Foxnews reporting that Ryan Lanza was NOT the shooter. Adam Lanza, age 20, the younger brother was the shooter.

Report I see on Fox still identifies Ryan as the shooter. I saw another report that a brother was found dead in NJ, though?

Hannity, on the radio, just had a local Fox reporter say that Ryan, the older, was the one dead in the school.Adam, the 20 YO was the one found in the woods outside "wearing camo trousers".

It's not confirmed he ever entered the school.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I have a tough time wrapping my head around killing people/kids that I don't know.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is all about making themselves a Media Star and Kids in Gun Free Zones like schools are easy and plentiful targets confined to a small area .

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
cnn commentator stressing the fact that we as a society must be aware of and to learn and recognise the signs of mental illness and violent anti-social behavior as the key to stopping this kind of thing before it happens. never even mentioned tighter gun control.....spot on

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
I do want to add that these shooting all happen in gun free zones or states that don't have a concealed carry law.

Gun free zones are the same as putting rape free zone signs on college campuses. It looks good but doesn't do anything to stop violence.

ddj

Your point is well taken. You would think with all the guns we have in Montana that there would be mass murders all over the place but there isn't.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
State Police News Conference just over:

18 children dead inside the school.Two more died at the hospital.

7 adults, including shooter, dead at the school.

One adult dead at "secondary crime scene", believed to be the mother.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Hannity, on the radio, just had a local Fox reporter say that Ryan, the older, was the one dead in the school.Adam, the 20 YO was the one found in the woods outside "wearing camo trousers".

It's not confirmed he ever entered the school.

I'm sure the story will change a few more times before the details are finally sorted out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FoxNews continuing to report that Adam Lanza, age 20 was the shooter and that Ryan Lanza, age 24 is in custody and not a suspect. If accurate, then Ryan Lanza needs prayers and support as well. Both his parents were just killed by his brother.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by tbear
Shooter was the age that schizophrenia typically begins. Almost certain that this was a mental health issue.

You studied mental illness and behavior in engineering school? You are qualified in psychodiagnostics?

It is likely that the perp had a screw loose, but is unlikely that he was schizophrenic. Schizophrenics are seldom violent. In fact, mental illness, even serious mental illness is not a reliable predictor of violence.

My guess is that the individual was an angry, fragile, self-absorbed, alienated type. I'm not sure what diagnosis that might entail in current diagnostic taxonomy.

Perhaps he was just consumed by evil. Whether evil is mental illness has been a matter of some debate among psychiatrists.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I also am praying for the first responders.
To witness that sort of carnage, especially children,will leave a lasting impression.

Page 16 of 30 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 204guy, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,598
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.