Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Another question. I know it's hard to judge from pics, but what would you guys give this gun as far as BB % ? I don't know how to judge the difference in the 75-90% range on older guns.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The bad part a out this deal is I've been looking at this gun for about a week and a half and didn't realize it was such as deal. I guess my ignorance really shot me in the foot on this one. Good snag there roger. After giving this thing a good looking over today it is a lot cleaner and nicer gun than I thought. At least when he gets dies and bullets I will be able to shoot it

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BOUGHT SOME DIES, BRASS, AND LOADED ROUNDS A MINUTE AGO, GUESS WE CAN TRY HER OUT NOW

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by NMSSHOOTER
BOUGHT SOME DIES, BRASS, AND LOADED ROUNDS A MINUTE AGO, GUESS WE CAN TRY HER OUT NOW

Cool, keep us posted. What bullets are you going to try out?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a find!!!! Congratulations!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IT IS ROGER'S GUN BUT THE LOADED ROUNDS ARE 50GR REM. PROLLY PLAY WITH THEM AND THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT HE WILL LOAD. GONNA HAVE 100 PC NEW BRASS TO PLAY WITH THO.
DIDNT MEAN TO HIGH JACK YOUR THREAD ROGER, YOULL JUST HAVE TO GET UP EARLIER

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I think it's cool that you are this excited for your buddy. You guys will have some fun with this one....I'm curious as to how it's going to shoot as well...Hopefully it won't need bedding and you can keep it as original as possible, sans the scope of course...Are you guys going to put a newer scope on it?

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I DONT KNOW WHAT HE WILL DO, NORMALLY HE RUNS SOME NICE GLASS. THINK HE HAD A BLACK DIAMOND HE MITE STICK ON IT

T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I've got several 55gr to try out, both varmint and hunting. Got some 60gr NPT. Also have some Sierras in 40-50gr range. Got plenty of stuff to play with.

As for glass, I have a thread over in the optics forum about repair options on the Weaver. I have an older Redfield Wideview for sale in the classifieds that I may pull off the market since it would probably look cool on this setup. I want to go with something with a relatively small objective so I can use the flip over rings that are on it. I'd like to keep the iron sight option.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TATELAW,
It looks like you got a darn nice rifle at a helluva of a good price.
I was at the local gun show yesterday and saw Pre-'06 std wgt's with refinished stocks and cut w/ pads with asking prices $100 to $200 more than you paid for your Swift. A lot of them were made up from parts from one rifle and pieces from another, For instance a '55 Fwt with a stock having the plastic butt plate.... I digress.
Congrats on your Pre, give us a shooting report once you have it up and running.
BD

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BlackDog1
TATELAW,
It looks like you got a darn nice rifle at a helluva of a good price.
I was at the local gun show yesterday and saw Pre-'06 std wgt's with refinished stocks and cut w/ pads with asking prices $100 to $200 more than you paid for your Swift. A lot of them were made up from parts from one rifle and pieces from another, For instance a '55 Fwt with a stock having the plastic butt plate.... I digress.
Congrats on your Pre, give us a shooting report once you have it up and running.
BD

Bob, that's why I have a hard time with that P town gunshow. I bet the eye candy was good though. I'm not talking about the rifles either grin....Thinking about heading down that way here in a bit to buy my wife some studded tires for her suburban cry

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looking at your Swift as well as some other unique firearms on the 'Fire makes fires up a desire to win a huge lottery. That is a cool rifle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't head over tonight, NWS sent out warnings today, blizzard conditions on the hill and they are saying we might have 60+ mph gusts here in the valley overnight into tomorrow..... I'd wait a day or so.....

BD

Men ocassionaly stumble over the truth from time to time but, most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened.
- Winston Churchill-

NRA Endowment Life Member
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 1lessdog, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 49 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,097
Posts18,502,029
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.