Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
375matt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Just wondering if anyone uses them and could recommend one for my Carbon-15 Rifle??? The brass is getting tough to find in the snow and I have been using my truck bed but need to go to the range for some fine tuning.

GB1

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've seen them advertised by Brownell's, Midway and Bushmaster. A couple of the guys at my range use them. They work fine. E

375matt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks.
I sent Bushy an email asking if they have one that fits but haven't heard back yet. I also looked at the midway catchers.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Matt don't buy from Bush. they want too much money. Check out cheaper than Dirt they have them around 10 - 25 dollars. I made mine from a piece of cloth for the bag and a piece of stainless rod and some velcrow and about 30 min. works great just remember to empty it once in awhile. Prairie dog hunting I tend to forget and once there is about 30rnds. in it it tends to jam up. Empty it and it works great!!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO ACT STUPID YOU BETTER BE TOUGH
375matt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks, I checked it out, $9.97..... but they want to charge $27.52 to ship it to me!!!

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sorry Matt
Never ordred anything from them just seen the price flippin thru one day. Try lookin at some pictures of them and make one. I'm a welder thats why I had the ss rod but you could use a coat hanger. If you can't sew (I can't) use a fabric glue to make the bag. I use a product called Tear Mender best stuff since sliced bread, you can buy it at Tractor Supply stores. Its really easy to make a catcher.

375matt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Bushy Tech support e-mailed me and said the only one that will fit the Carbon-15 is a universal bag model they sell for $39.00. I just bought a universal bag model off ebay for $17.00 ...figure I could use it on my other semi rifles as well.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That works and you can't beat the price. Now you don't have to pick up all that da-- brass man that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Hey, I wondered the same question ! I have a scoped AR and the usual plastic catchers won't fit. Luckily, I had a catcher for a 1911 style pistol. Got some velcro and wrapped the mag port and bag and it works ! I like jghoghunters reply; you need to get inventive! On the range, a box will do. Prairedog huntin requires a bit more finesse`. Good luck and let us know how you do. charles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd been grabbing an extra target stand at the range to keep my brass from flying at the guy next to me but it kind of blocks the view of others unless I'm on the end.

IC B3

375matt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I'd been grabbing an extra target stand at the range to keep my brass from flying at the guy next to me but it kind of blocks the view of others unless I'm on the end. I don't use anything if I'm shooting by a friend, we're usually competing so I try to take the left lane and feed him some hot brass...I need all the help I can get.

E4E Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In my Experience every single attached "Brass catcher" is a pain in the rump.

Especially if you are not firing from a fixed position.

From a fixed position it may be easier and cheaper to fab up a deflector attached to the bench(or stick shoved in the dirt) that keeps the brass in a central location.
Think Cardboard and duct tape.

If moving when firing, everything is out the window.

Brass catchers attached to the weapon do goofy things to the balance of the weapon, and introduce some bizzare stoppages.

Then again when the snow melts the brass is there to be harvested....

It can be like Christmas all over again in the spring!

Running cheap once fired Military Brass for practice reduces the loss.

Lost Match brass that has time spent in preperation can drive a guy NUTS!!!!!!!!!!

You're gonna lose some of it.
It sucks.

E4E

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.