Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
callnum Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Why wasn't your God there? If ever a reason for devine intervention, that was it.

If God is such a loving, caring God why would he allow this is happen?

Last edited by callnum; 12/17/12.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Best be careful with that kinda talk Bro.

Gunner

Trump Won!
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
God wasn't there............he has been kicked out of the all the public schools

For every law that's passed, a little freedom dies!!!!!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I don't want my parents to step into my life and control things, nor would I want God to do it. Free will is truly a bitch, but it's the greatest gift. Methinks His role is best as one to comfort and provide guidance.

As with one's own kids, their actions are theirs and all you can hope is that your teaching takes hold and to be there when they need comfort.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea,,,, that was quite helpfull.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
God gives both individuals and nations free will. They can either choose good or evil....there are no other choices. Evil is always going to be out there and a rejection of God is a defacto choice for evil.

When people or nations reject God as the United States of America has done he politely steps aside and leaves them to their choice.

Why should anyone expect God to do anything in a school when he was asked to pack up his stuff and leave forty years ago?

Its time for people to stop blaming God for things like this and start looking in the mirror

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ah guess who is a troll with exactly 33 posts???

I'm not a bible thumper... but seems to me that God gave mankind all the abilities to take care of himself...and each other...
and gave us choices...

we as a christian society have failed in that regard but making it uncool to embrace God...and do not want him in our schools, our government, or anywhere else...

at the same time, the same types that are guilty of the above for some reason, support radical Islam and give in to Islamists every desires to respect their religion which is foreign from western society...while rejecting our Christian beliefs that this nation was founded upon...

your point is about as wacked as someone I heard explaining it all by maybe those children died, because wanted them away from the social carnage on our planted and thought they would be better off in heaven with him...

we all have a judgement day... and it is going to be based upon what YOU did personally in your life...so make your choices wisely...

too many people can freak about this worldwide ( and rightfully so)... but if some wacked out Radical Muslim walks into a school or church anywhere in the middle east, and explodes himself and lord knows how many other people, children.. grandmas... mothers... etc... that will make the evening news for 30 seconds and the media is thru with it...

Morons like you are not helping the situation by using it as an opportunity to condemn God and the people that believe in him and worship him...

hope you are happy on your soap box this morning...

here it is cold, wet and depressing outside.. God must have abandoned all of us who live in my neighborhood this morning..

go figure...

Gee... I started a response to this post when it was 1 minute old.. before I finish mine, 5 more beat me to the punch...

guess we gave a troll the 5 minutes of attention his type need.. otherwise they wouldn't be a troll... whistle

Last edited by Seafire; 12/17/12. Reason: just because!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You think GOD should jump in take care of everything everytime just to keep us from reaping the consequences of our declining morals and fallng away from him as a nation? As tragic as it was, we are reaping what we are, and have been sowing as a nation in moral decline imo.

You sound like some candy ass liberal that thinks the government ought to bail you out every time just because you don't want to accept responsibilty for your own self centered actions.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I don't want my parents to step into my life and control things, nor would I want God to do it. Free will is truly a bitch, but it's the greatest gift. Methinks His role is best as one to comfort and provide guidance.

As with one's own kids, their actions are theirs and all you can hope is that your teaching takes hold and to be there when they need comfort.

well said Scott!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
callnum Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by wyote
God wasn't there............he has been kicked out of the all the public schools

So he is also a petty God?

IC B3

C
callnum Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
You think GOD should jump in take care of everything everytime just to keep us from reaping the consequences of our declining morals and fallng away from him as a nation? As tragic as it was, we are reaping what we are, and have been sowing as a nation in moral decline imo.

You sound like some candy ass liberal that thinks the government ought to bail you out every time just because you don't want to accept responsibilty for your own self centered actions.

I see all the post asking for prayer for many things, isn't that asking for God to take care of things?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

well said Scott!

One of his best posts.!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by callnum

No, but you are one petty, chickenschit mofo. Eat schit and die.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why wasn't your God there? If ever a reason for devine intervention, that was it.

You best hope he does not exist, because if he does and alows such evil, he is one sick SOB.

By your post, why should you care where "my" God is at any given time?

It is akin to me worrying that you have chosen to live a meaningless life without any spiritual guidance. Go for it. Stay angry. Consider anyone that has spiritual connection your intellectual inferior. Wonder ceaselessly how brilliant minds such as Einstein, Newton and Goethe could have faith in such nonsense. You can let your astonishment in people's gulibility torment you until your declining mental health drives you to "prove" your position by performing some unspeakable act. Your are right, and the rest are wrong. I hope there is a Jarhead around at the time. Enjoy the story.

The Atheist And The Marine
THE ATHEIST AND THE MARINE

A United States Marine was attending some college courses between assignments. He had completed missions in Iraq and Afghanistan . One of the courses had a professor who was a vowed atheist and a member of the ACLU.
One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, 'God, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes.'
The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop. Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, 'Here I am God. I'm still waiting.' It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his Chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the plat form! . The professor was out cold.
The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently. The other students were shocked and stunned and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, 'What the hell is the matter with you? Why did you do that?' The Marine calmly replied, 'God was too busy today protecting America's soldiers who are protecting your right to say stupid **** and act like an *******. So, He sent me.'

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by Seafire

well said Scott!

One of his best posts.!

Agreed. Scott hit the nail on the head. But just one thing, God's role is much more than to provide comfort and guidance.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
C
callnum Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Classy style of discussion.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

atheist on his soap box...

another opportunist, who wants to promote his agenda, by the convenience of another national tragedy....

F/O and Die dumbasss...then you can talk to God about all your complaints about him... and what he has failed to do for you in life.. hence the reason you are doing what you are doing now...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You best hope he does not exist, because if he does and alows such evil, he is one sick SOB.

God/Goddess was there.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Classy style of discussion.

hey, you are just reaping the harvest for the seeds you have sown.... if you don't want schitt, then don't plant the seeds for it...

what did you expect? Roses???

O
O
This tragedy, like others which preceded it, resulted directly from the failure of the mental health industry to identify and treat the type of young people who turn into mass murderers. Mental health professionals agree that paranoid schizophrenics generally have their "first break" between 17 and 20 years of age. Those same mental health professionals need to give parents and teachers information on how to identify and deal with these kids, as well as the isolated, rejected kids with a lot of anger who feel depressed and blame it on others.

As long as the knee-jerk focus remains on the assault rifles and magazine capacity, the real problem will be ignored again and these killings will continue with whatever weapons remain available. The recent Chinese school stabbings are a case in point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE READ This link is from Psychology Today:

Article:

Jared Loughner: What Kind of Psychosis? - A diagnostic investigation of Jared Loughner.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/em/53493

This is a good article on the who and why of school shootings - author interviewed wrote the book on "Why Kids Kill" and has been a consultant to law enforcement on this topic. Second Amendment supporters in congress are being be ruthlessly attacked for their views, and some will bail. The more we can support them by putting the light on the underlying cause, mental health failings, the better result will be for all in the long run.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

200 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 25 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.