Print Thread
Hop To
K
KYFRED Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
So, I am going to take a stand on this CT killing. I have heard stories about the number of guns, emotional stability of the family and the shooter. Blame has been placed on poor gun control, issues in our schools and poor parenting. People are throwing blame against the wall and carelessly running with whatever they can make stick. I am not a big person and have my fair share of issues and problems. But, as someone I believe to be caring and loving, I am not going to live and feed on the hate being spewed from the stories and would encourage all to do the same. We are talking more about the shooter than those beautiful children, the lives they lost and the joy brought and if allowed, will continue to bring. I heard the story of Robbie Parker and his love for his daughter Emily. if you have not seen it, go and listen and tell me it does not ring of love. Imagine the stories if we all celebrated each one of the slain with his passion and let the POS shooter disappear into anonymity. I believe this is what we should be doing: morning the loss of the innocent and celebrating the lives of the pure. Some will say that I am naive and live in a bubble, so be it. As a father, I should be telling more about how cherished my kids are and the life the offer me on a daily basis than debating my weapon of choice or arguing over where I stand on gun control and mental health. So, I will no longer participate in the mongering of the CT situation but begin looking for strength and perseverance of those left without. Those kids should not die and go uncelebrated by all of us while we attack each other over what gun was used, who was shot first or who is to blame. I just don�t have the strength to live with all that hate.

Last edited by KYFRED; 12/17/12.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I had just read Robbie Parkers statement before reading this, I still fight back tears every time these little ones are talked about.

Very well said.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree but unfortunately the Democrats and anti-gunners won't allow us to love.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KYFRED
.....let the POS shooter disappear into anonymity. I believe this is what we should be doing: morning the loss of the innocent and celebrating the lives of the pure.

I agree with this. I've got to think that a high percentage of these animals commit mass murder for the notoriety and if we could fix it so that their names would never be mentioned and their photos would never be shown, then that might take away at least some of their motivation.

On the other hand, it could also mean that we'd miss a chance to learn from these killings and be better equipped to prevent them in the future.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KYFRED
So, I am going to take a stand on this CT killing. I have heard stories about the number of guns, emotional stability of the family and the shooter. Blame has been placed on poor gun control, issues in our schools and poor parenting. People are throwing blame against the wall and carelessly running with whatever they can make stick. I am not a big person and have my fair share of issues and problems. But, as someone I believe to be caring and loving, I am not going to live and feed on the hate being spewed from the stories and would encourage all to do the same. We are talking more about the shooter than those beautiful children, the lives they lost and the joy brought and if allowed, will continue to bring. I heard the story of Robbie Parker and his love for his daughter Emily. if you have not seen it, go and listen and tell me it does not ring of love. Imagine the stories if we all celebrated each one of the slain with his passion and let the POS shooter disappear into anonymity. I believe this is what we should be doing: morning the loss of the innocent and celebrating the lives of the pure. Some will say that I am naive and live in a bubble, so be it. As a father, I should be telling more about how cherished my kids are and the life the offer me on a daily basis than debating my weapon of choice or arguing over where I stand on gun control and mental health. So, I will no longer participate in the mongering of the CT situation but begin looking for strength and perseverance of those left without. Those kids should not die and go uncelebrated by all of us while we attack each other over what gun was used, who was shot first or who is to blame. I just don�t have the strength to live with all that hate.

My stance as well. I know that if I was standing in front of one of the parents of those children, I sure as [bleep] wouldn't be opining about anything.

So I have resolved to STFU about this issue. If legislation is introduced in the future I will voice my opinion to those in power. And that is all that matters.

Travis

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

My new perspective today was from MSN:

"All three of the guns that Adam Lanza carried into Sandy Hook Elementary were owned and registered by his mother � a pair of handguns and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle, his primary weapon."

http://news.msn.com/us/gunmans-mother-kept-trials-of-home-life-hidden

But we don't have gun registration.

K
KYFRED Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/newtown-sandy-hook-school-shooting/hc-newtown-school-shooting-the-victims-20121215,0,6667493.photogallery

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing here....John Adams once wrote:
�Grief drives men into habits of serious reflection, sharpens the understanding, and softens the heart.�
I guess the blood-dancers don't feel grief -- if they do, it was only a few minutes before joy of a political nature filled their nasty little hearts.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,887
Posts18,518,291
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.