Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not me, but interesting encounter between 16 open carry citizens and the police

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cIQJ_FJ8zsQ[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That's why I carry concealed.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The only people causing trouble were the officers. Some other customer must have called them, I guess. Or did a cop happen to walk in?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There were more people in that restaurant that in the whole town of Liberty the last time I was there.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Another customer called the cops, but the owner supported them in his restaurant.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Another customer called the cops, but the owner supported them in his restaurant.
Glad of it.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Somebody needs to shut that kid up !! mad

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad it worked out the way it did, but never should have happened in the first place IMHO.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Somebody needs to shut that kid up !! mad

You got that right.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What's interesting about it??

Presuming that a large number of patrons open-carrying firearms in this establishment is a rare, if ever occurrence means this group of people knew they would be a spectacle. They were not doing anything illegal but it was quite unusual.

Other confused, concerned patrons called police to see what was up.

Police came out and checked into the unusual situation and nothing happened. Not sure about the whole ID thing - by law adults are required to carry ID - I don't know what laws are relating to a simple request for ID by police.

Again - this was UNUSUAL behavior by people whose intent was to make a spectacle of themselves and they enjoyed it.

Given the circumstances - unusual situation involving firearms and a citizen call - the police were duty-bound to check it out.

No one caused any 'problems' - this is trying to make something out of nothing.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wyliec

by law adults are required to carry ID -

I'd like to see a legal citation for that statement!! Care to provide proof??

Cancer Sucks
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tend to agree with wyliec. This was staged to make a scene. That said, I think that this sort of activism is healthy for society in a Republic.

Activism in general is critical to a free society. Activism in general is also dangerous for those who are participants just because of the scene they make. It's dangerous because LEO's are caught between a rock and a hard place and since LEO's are human's too, the more this sort of thing happens, the higher the chance that a major tragedy could happen.

That said, this video does bring to mind a few questions. Did the owner of the shop own the premises too? If so, I think his private property rights were violated with the disruption that the LEO's were causing for his business. If he doesn't own the premises then disregard my previous statement.

These open carry activism events are a bag of mixed feelings for me. I do think that they draw a lot of negative attention. That harms the cause in many ways. On the other hand, activism is how a democratic republic is supposed to function. Asserting the rule of law is critical. Demanding that your rights be protected is the duty of every citizen. Without the rule of law, we have nothing...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

laugh

I see a trend here, and I like it!

You're good people, GonHuntin, even if you're an obstinate old bastige grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Here in New Mexico you can open carry,me,I have a concealed carry permit because I DO NOT WANT ANYBODY KNOWING THAT I HAVE A FIREARM!!

[Linked Image]
.22-6mm at 30 yards with a 55 NBT.
[Linked Image]

Shot with a .338 RUM at 75-100 yards.

Teasing HAJ! laugh

Last edited by elkhunternm; 12/19/12.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Here in New Mexico you can open carry,me,I have a concealed carry permit because I DO NOT WANT ANYBODY KNOWING THAT I HAVE A FIREARM!!

and then you come on an open, public, forum and announce it to the world! laugh

Man, that 22-6mm sounds like a world of fun. I'll have to pick your brain on that one of these days!!!

Did that .338 RUM bullet bounce off that she-elk, and you kill her with ugly!? grin

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

laugh

I see a trend here, and I like it!

You're good people, GonHuntin, even if you're an obstinate old bastige grin

HEY, I resemble that remark!! grin

People who know me know that I live in a NO BS ZONE........if you claim something is a fact, better be ready to back it up!

Cancer Sucks
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yep, this is not Nazi Germany, yet. No requirement to carry "papers" at any age.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Virginia is an open carry state, but I carry concealed. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by alarming others, unless your intent is to alarm them so they write their state legislators. We have the right to carry concealed; there is no need to agitate or concern others.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People who know me know that I live in a NO BS ZONE........if you claim something is a fact, better be ready to back it up!

Yeah? Prove it! grin

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Demonstrations to force feed open carry are stupid as they send the wrong message to the wrong people.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,071 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,552
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.