Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Anyone that opens carries in a CCW state is a attention whore. The only exception to this would be if you lived somewhere open carry was the "norm". I have never been to place like that.

I like how it always takes a group of them to have enough backbone walk outside with their gun on their sides. Anytime I have seen people open carrying it's been at least three people to goad each other into it. They are no different than any other group that is trying to make a "statement". They must have that group mentality before they are brave enough to do anything. Weak minded people they are.

I also like the $1.99 holsters they carry in. How are they going to protect those pistols if someone decides to take it?

According to prosecutors here if someone called them in they must identify themselves because they disturbed someone's peace.

I like guns and we fought really hard for our CCW here and now we have these wing nuts that want to make a scene. It's just [bleep] sad.

Dink

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by wyliec
Not sure about the whole ID thing - by law adults are required to carry ID - I don't know what laws are relating to a simple request for ID by police.

Pretty damn sure you're wrong on that one. You're not required to carry, or even have, an id. Hell, the morons on the left are opposed to having to have one to vote.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Open-carry is a right. Rights are like muscle, they must be exercised or lost. While it is tactically unsound to be broadcasting you're carrying, it is the only way one can carry in many places without surrendering their rights.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I carry concealed because I don't want peope to know I am armed, especially the "after the fact squad" but I can understand the ideals behind what these folks are doing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tack
Demonstrations to force feed open carry are stupid as they send the wrong message to the wrong people.
So did insisting on the front seat on the bus.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I don't completely agree. Cooperate with the police. I would show them my carry permit, be nice and help them out. Sorry the gun carriers in that video are troublemakers.

NRA Benefactor life member
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They obviously got the reaction they were trying to get. It was pretty much staged for drama. No different than the media really...

Originally Posted by ColdBore
Somebody needs to shut that kid up !! mad

Why? Becasue he was being a kid? That's what they do...talk.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Any Liberty (Open Carry) not exercised is in danger of being lost.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by headhunter130
I don't completely agree. Cooperate with the police. I would show them my carry permit, be nice and help them out. Sorry the gun carriers in that video are troublemakers.

Pull out the US Constitution and hand it to them?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you don't use your rights, then it is easier for politicians to say it's rarely used so we can do away with it.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
steak and shake oughtta be called puke and crap. the open carry crowd and really bad fast food go hand in hand. why? because those pie wagons can't fit a gun in between their pants and their pus handles. if they made a holster that fit into the belly roll these people are sportin', this would be a non-issue. and why don't these people use a pancake holster? because they would eat it, thats why!! somebody stop me, i gotta a million of 'em.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by grouseman
If you don't use your rights, then it is easier for politicians to say it's rarely used so we can do away with it.

Plenty of chances to excercise your rights and not create a scene while doing it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
Glad it worked out the way it did, but never should have happened in the first place IMHO.

I agree T; I would not carry open paricularly in an urban culture (it was wasn't it?); you are asking for attention and trouble. It seems to me that the officers cannot ignore this bunch and must at least assess the situation though I think asking the manager to boot them was wrong. However, what if a family there was vehemently anti-gun and started a shouting-insulting match?

Nothing but trouble. I must say the packing family stayed cordial and cool.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Police deal with many IDIOTS, being polite and letting them know you are legal and not a threat to anyone is a good idea in my opinion. You act defiant, rude, uncooperative, etc. that is wrong in my opinion.

NRA Benefactor life member
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Here in New Mexico you can open carry,me,I have a concealed carry permit because I DO NOT WANT ANYBODY KNOWING THAT I HAVE A FIREARM!!

and then you come on an open, public, forum and announce it to the world! laugh

Man, that 22-6mm sounds like a world of fun. I'll have to pick your brain on that one of these days!!!

Did that .338 RUM bullet bounce off that she-elk, and you kill her with ugly!? grin

Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend!
You bet I'll announce it,just might save someone's life. grin

The .22-6mm is my pet coyote rifle,that 55 grain bullet is poking along at 4000 fps,and picking my brain won't take long.

I uglyed it to death,the RUM would have tore up too much meat.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!! smile

Last edited by elkhunternm; 12/19/12.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pretty sure the person talking to the cop in the video did say they were legal. If they were not the after the fact crew would have hauled them all away and placed the children in child services.

The law is on these peoples side,. However, I would not do this because any time you have an interaction with cops there is a chance that even though you are right you will get burnt.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Can't carry concealed legally into an establishment that sells alcholic beverages in NC.

Hard to believe it's legal to sit there armed and order up alchol.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
Can't carry concealed legally into an establishment that sells alcholic beverages in NC.

Hard to believe it's legal to sit there armed and order up alchol.

Are you sure about that? Open carry at a place that sells alcohol, that is?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
In NC you cannot carry a concealed firearm into an establishment that sells alcholic beverages under a liquor lic. Even if you have a CC license. Grocery stores, convience stores where you cannot drink on property are ok for concealed w license.

One of the guys on the video received a beer while wearing a sidearm. Even if it was legal and I have my doubts, it's a dang poor idea for many reasons.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Originally Posted by wyliec

by law adults are required to carry ID -

I'd like to see a legal citation for that statement!! Care to provide proof??

I will acknowledge my error - I came of age in CA quite a while back. At the time there was a law, apparently struck down in 1983, that required an ID. I did not realize it was CA only nor that it had been struck down.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 16penny, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,820
Posts18,496,507
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.