Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nilwod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Only reason posting here is because of all the hits the classifieds get. Just called Dick's Sporting Goods, to see if they had an AR I was looking at. Sales person Said Dick's Sporting Goods Across the nation, pulled all the AR's off the shelves because of the recent tragic shooting. I Will not buy a thing there again. They're not supporting our 2nd Amendment and are supporting a form of gun control. Don't get me wrong, what happened was as bad as it could get, and my prayers go out to all of those who lost a loved ones. Oh, opinion, is $.02 cents. Moderator's can move to where this needs to be, but thought before anyone supports Dick's Sporting Goods, they should know being the holidays and all. Shop somewhere else.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
- Notebook, 1894 Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many threads in the campfire!

Dave

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where there is a will, there is a way. If there were not firearms someone would just use another means to accomplish the same results....bombs, cars, knives, tools....the list is endless. The trouble is that the people making the laws are full blown morons... Here is a prime example of what we are dealing with in our West Virginia law makers. This is a direct quote from the West Virginia DNR Hunting Regulations handbook...this is an actual law and is in the booklet they give everyone...now tell me if this makes any logical sense to you????
...btw its not a typo, it has been printed like this since I began hunting years ago...

It is illegal to:
� shoot a firearm within 400 feet of a school or church,or
within 500 feet of a dwelling, or on or near a park or other
place where persons are gathered for pleasure.

Last edited by theduke308; 12/19/12.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
they should look up the school bombing from I think 1926?? ish...a school employee rigged the school with explosives and killed 40+ children plus several adults....no guns involved!

IC B2

K
KDF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
... or look at what has happened on several occasions in China the last few years - school assualts carried out using swords or cleavers. Gee, that certainly makes the violence easier to swallow!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by masrx
they should look up the school bombing from I think 1926?? ish...a school employee rigged the school with explosives and killed 40+ children plus several adults....no guns involved!

Andrew kehoe.
And he had another 500 pounds planted that never went off. Blew one side of the school and then blew a carload full of explosives as the kids ran out the front.
Spent months setting it up.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boycott them. I am.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by masrx

Andrew kehoe.
And he had another 500 pounds planted that never went off. Blew one side of the school and then blew a carload full of explosives as the kids ran out the front.
Spent months setting it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Kehoe

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fotis
Boycott them. I am.

I as well. But OTOH,Dick's will survive without us. Look at Sport's Authority. They dropped all their hunting and shooting inventory and deal with just the libsuckers.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Fotis
Boycott them. I am.

I as well. But OTOH,Dick's will survive without us. Look at Sport's Authority. They dropped all their hunting and shooting inventory and deal with just the libsuckers.

Sports Authority and Dicks are owned by the same corporation.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by theduke308

It is illegal to:
� shoot a firearm within 400 feet of a school or church,or
within 500 feet of a dwelling, or on or near a park or other
place where persons are gathered for pleasure.

Does this mean that a group of friends would be breaking the law if we were 500 + feet from a building and our idea of pleasure was to shoot guns?
Crazy for sure, I understand not shooting in a park where there are people milling about, but the language is rather open to interpretation.

Keep Smiling
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have written a letter to Dicks about the same issue. My family and friends will NOT do business with them again. Period!!

Randy Smith
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Mt 2 cents is if u kill somebody with knive or gun or what ever you should be put to death . no long waits no setting on death row for years , If there is pictures or tapes or they have you at the location an people were killed an your there to bad for u

Last edited by savage62; 12/19/12. Reason: o
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I liken it to Obama's threats to Syria if they use poison gas.

Apparently it's OK to kill 40,000 people if you shoot them one at a time, or blow them up a dozen at a time. You are crossing a line if you gas them a thousand at a time.

Go ahead send them your gun, you feel safer now?

Friend don't let friends use see through sights!
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
How about the gougers out there who are overinflating the black rifle to make blood money.It is deplorable.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jonbearman
How about the gougers out there who are overinflating the black rifle to make blood money.It is deplorable.

You never took Econ 101 did you?

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I also heard today that Cheaper Than Dirt would no longer have internet gun sales.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by pkett44
I also heard today that Cheaper Than Dirt would no longer have internet gun sales.

their website claims they are updating and improving their process and will resume sales soon.

Ted
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bushmaster is supposedly going under, I guess all of their investors are pulling out. Don't understand that one, since they're owned by Remington.

JohnP
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (AdventureBound, 406_SBC, 907brass, 300_savage, akpls, 11 invisible), 1,351 guests, and 770 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,938
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.