Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Went to a local gun show today more out of morbid curiosity than anything else. Didn't buy a single item. Prices were simply stupid, and people were lined up azzhole to elbow to buy. I couldn't help myself. I was literally laughing out loud as I went from table to table. The cheapest POS AR was $1800. Anything decent was approaching four grand. A thousand rounds of cheap .223 for over $900. One clown was selling beat up old .50 cal ammo cans for nearly $30 each. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
The cheapest POS AR was $1800. Anything decent was approaching four grand.

Someone could sure have mine for that money.

[Linked Image]
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This is a repeat of the second week of November, 2008. Prices and panic the same.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i will be avoiding gunshows and gunstores for at least 6 months. fortunately i have all i need in that area.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The good news is they are going to cancel the gun ban. Seems there's nothing left......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went to a local gun show today more out of morbid curiosity than anything else. Didn't buy a single item. Prices were simply stupid, and people were lined up azzhole to elbow to buy. I couldn't help myself. I was literally laughing out loud as I went from table to table. The cheapest POS AR was $1800. Anything decent was approaching four grand. A thousand rounds of cheap .223 for over $900. One clown was selling beat up old .50 cal ammo cans for nearly $30 each. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!

Nothing like eating your own, eh?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We went to the local range here outside SA and the owner was selling his last AR (he builds them as well as very nice 1911's) for $1250. Nice gun with a 20" SS heavy barrel. Nice to see he wasn't in gauging mode. I am pretty pleased with the two I own so I passed hoping someone without may pick it up.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"We have met the enemy, and they are us." wink

At some point, these purchasers will be wanting to sell, and we'll hear that tired, old phrase, "Well, I've got $X,XXX.00 in it." Like that should matter to the prosective buyer? (Of course, we all know that any firearm should appreciate each time it changes hands.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by EdM
We went to the local range here outside SA and the owner was selling his last AR (he builds them as well as very nice 1911's) for $1250. Nice gun with a 20" SS heavy barrel. Nice to see he wasn't in gauging mode. I am pretty pleased with the two I own so I passed hoping someone without may pick it up.

He must be the only guy in town who isn't gouging... which range, which guy? I'm also in SA. What upper/lower/barrel does he use? PM me if you like.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I don't feel sorry for anyone that did not buy/stock up on stuff before this. I don't have much use for AR's or high capacity mags but I own plenty because everyone should have seen this coming.

Dink

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by rem141r
i will be avoiding gunshows and gunstores for at least 6 months. fortunately i have all i need in that area.

There was actually quite a bit of entertainment value in it. Guys lined up, jockeying for position at the tables, practically salivating to part with their cash. Some of the overheard conversations were real gems...

Every time I looked at a seller, laughed out loud, and said, "REALLY?" they just shrugged their shoulders and smiled.

K
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by DINK
I don't feel sorry for anyone that did not buy/stock up on stuff before this. I don't have much use for AR's or high capacity mags but I own plenty because everyone should have seen this coming.

Dink

I have a small confession. I currently own ONLY ONE AR, which is used primarily for coyotes, and NO so-called high-cap magazines! Are you telling me I'm undergunned? Fresh meat for the zombies? Oh, the horror!

Of course, the other non-AR semiauto rifles I own might come as a rude surprise to some...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r

I had planned on going to the gun show in Columbus, GA next weekend but I'm surely having second thoughts about it. I think I'm gonna pass.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I would have had to break out an AK or AR and walk around the show like the pied piper saying "no habla englis" everytime someone asked if I was selling it.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was going today just to look. Heard stories on line that most ammo is gone. Show was a mad house etc.
Try again in the morning, just looking really don't need a thing. This is Fort Worth show.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr
This is a repeat of the second week of November, 2008. Prices and panic the same.

Not even close...the prices this time around are a lot more than 2008

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
When the time comes to use them, I will pick mine up out in the street.

Rick

Life is not a spectator sport, get out and have fun.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I haven't been to a Gun Show in years. They are all rip off deals. Besides I really don't need more, I think I need less. Getting to old to use them all,but I love them like a child of mine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
shocked

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

I have a small confession. I currently own ONLY ONE AR, which is used primarily for coyotes, and NO so-called high-cap magazines! Are you telling me I'm undergunned? Fresh meat for the zombies? Oh, the horror!

Of course, the other non-AR semiauto rifles I own might come as a rude surprise to some...

No. What I am saying is if having AR's is important to you you should have been buying them long before now. If having a case of Pmags was important to you they should have been bought long before now.

If those things were important to you and now you mad because of the high prices you have no one to blame but yourself.

Dink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 53 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,573
Posts18,473,304
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.