-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use the recoil pad on my gun. push it down and cross gingerly. do it every morning and aint been nipped yet. I'm like nighthawk, I hate them fricken things and avoid a shock at all cost, trust no one unless they touch it first.

be safe and you'll have no problems. I don't even trust grounding it out.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well what you need is two friends,one on your left and one on your right. Have them hold hands and pee on the fence at the same time. The current will go up one friend's stream, across their clasped hands, down the other's stream back into the fence. Because they are only in contact with each other and the fence they won't get shocked and it will leave a dead spot in the fence between them where you can safely cross.

Just don't cross the streams. It would be bad. I'm talking total protonic reversal.

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I use the recoil pad on my gun. push it down and cross gingerly. do it every morning and aint been nipped yet. I'm like nighthawk, I hate them fricken things and avoid a shock at all cost, trust no one unless they touch it first.

be safe and you'll have no problems. I don't even trust grounding it out.

^^ This ^^ that's how I've always done it. But I'm a little more Parinoid then most.
When I use this method, I won't hold the rifle by the barrel, just the wood part of the stock!

BTW, you won't pee on the fence more than once! We used to pull that stunt on our city slicker cousins that would come visit in the summertime. cool

Last edited by chlinstructor; 12/23/12.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Did their kids look like them?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always grabbed my brothers arm just before I touched the wire. I never did get shocked doing it that way.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A chopper & a Farraday suit

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If there's a PO'd male bovine on your side of the fence, you'll get over without a thought about getting shocked. If fact, before you're over, you'll be praying that it's an extra hot fence.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Check to see if all the wires have insulators. Those that don't are cold. Usually when we build 4 wire hi tensile fence, counting from the bottom up, #2 and #4 are hot. If that's your case, then you can crawl under/over the bottom wire or take a chance, push # 3 down a bit and go between 3 and 4.

Better yet is to find a gate. If you have to climb the gate, be sure you do so near the post it's hanging on. That minimizes the leverage you're putting on the gatepost with your body weight.

Dale

This space for rent

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
I have memories from somewhere about 45 years ago of steppig across an electric barbed wire fence on tip toes. Thought I would be fine since I was wearing rubber boots and the fence was not so tall. Well... I did not tip toe it quite enough and one of the barbs penetrated the crotch of my pants.... Did not take much time at all to finish getting over the fence! Last time that I tried that stunt.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
I will look for a forked or branched stick, to push the wires lower and then step over. If one does happen to be near the charger, then I will disconnet or turn it off momentarily.

Just be sure to use a forked stick that won't break just as your astraddle the wire. Did that as a kid and still remember jumping, and dancing while being shocked on my inner thighs and crotch area, until I finally grabbed the hot wire in my hand to get off the damn thing.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why exactely would you be going over someone else's electric fence ?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because with my fences I know where the gates are. smirk

(Common here to get permission to hunt a farmer's land unattended, either he doesn't want to hunt or has chores to do. The fence may be on or off, cattle present or not. Common practice in this part of the country is to put up a temporary fence around a harvested field or temporary pasture and let cattle in. The fence stays there until it is wanted somewhere else.)

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Same system here...we just use the gate.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh we have those but they may be a quarter mile or more away from where you would cross, if you can find them.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Places I know I'll cross regularly get a couple feet of old garden hose split lengthwise with a utility knife.

Don't do it near well traveled roads though.

A cow is a curious critter. She fools around with it long enough to realize a mouthful of the proverbial greener can be had and next thing ya know ZAP! and down comes the whole wire.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kimberyote
This cattle fence has 4, high tension wire with plastic posts. I wear electronic muffs and the amount of stuff going thru those lines makes my muffs snap, crackle, & pop!
What is the safest way to cross said fence?
Thank You Campfire Members & Happy Holidays to you and Yours!

Pee on it first.

You will no longer have a fence-crossing problem.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Find the best spot and go under bottom wire.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same way you go over concertina wire.. Thick piece of carpet remnant.

Weren't any of you ever a juvenile delinquent?? smirk

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
a woman horse trainer i had could touch or hold those wires with no effect at all ,,,,yes they were live.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am not sure what the answer is, but I can tell you *categorically* don't try to step over it while wearing damp hunting pants. Goretex maybe waterproof, and its not an insulator!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 72 invisible), 2,043 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,613
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.