Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5603907.John_Horst

I just finished reading the Mule Tamer series of books by John Horst on my Kindle. If you like well written western books with good solid characters and stories, you'll enjoy these.

The four books span a period from the late 1800's to the early 1900's. I hope the saga continues in additional books.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sounds good except to Neanderthals like me who don`t have Kindles,Nooks,dingleberries are not on facebook or do not tweet ,what ever the fug that is!!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I finished the series two weeks ago and agree with you wholeheartedly. downloaded one for free and got hooked on the rest. Wound up getting two free and the other two for 99 cents each.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Huntz
Sounds good except to Neanderthals like me who don`t have Kindles,Nooks,dingleberries are not on facebook or do not tweet ,what ever the fug that is!!!!!

They are offered in good old book form too. (You can download and read e-books on your computer too.)

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
John sent me all three of his books a while back after he read mine. I enjoyed them a lot. He's a good buddy.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Got a Christmas email from John today. His books are doing well with a decent following. He writes well and his females are hell-on-wheels with guns. Good strong female characters who aren't afraid to get dirty...or bloody.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On your recommendation, I just got the first two Mule Tamer books. If he is half as good as you, Dan, they will be good reads. Thanks to Cherokee Mike for putting us on to Mr Horst.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nifty, thanks a ton. #2 will be out in January. Horst tells a good story and his violence is...well violent!

Last edited by Dan_Chamberlain; 12/24/12.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Just a question how do you get your mules to read?

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Dobetown
Just a question how do you get your mules to read?

I don't know ,but I bought some of those mule training DVD's awhile back. I sett the TV up down in the barn next to the stalls and le tthe mules wacth them. They didn't learn a darn thing from them.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cherokee Mike,

I second your recommendation of the Mule Tamer books. I just finished the second one and I guess I will have to get the next two.

Dan Chamberlain,

I think Mr. Horst tells a good story, but I don't think he tells a story as well as you do. Your "descriptiveness" and ability to paint visions with words are superior.

Also, I don't believe it is necessary to get as violent or to cross over into distasteful deviance to the extent that Mr Horst does to tell a story and make a book successful. Just the suggestion of deviance is enough for the reader to get the idea, I think.

Dan, I eagerly await your next book. Have a great day.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.