Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Laguna

Yeah, I know; neither did Bernie Madoff...

You are such a [bleep] lib, just another puzzie poser.

Like I said, [bleep] them. My financial house is in order, I have already told my wife my stance on this issue and she knows what it will mean if it they try and take my guns. She is a real woman, unlike you, and she looked me right in the eyes and said, "I know, you didn't even have to tell me, I know."

GFY Lib

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Plinker
What can they do if 80 million gun owners refuse to register?
When everyone is a criminal, the state may begin exercising arbitrary power, i.e., tyranny.

That happened many, many years ago when we began to have to prove we weren't criminals prior to buying guns.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Aren't they registered already. Doesn't the dealer put the serial# and model BATF form we have to fill out when we buy a gun?

John
That's not registration. The BATF paperwork only tracks the gun with the owner till the owner sells it or gives it away, which could happen as soon as you walk out the door if you like.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When everyone is a criminal, the state may begin exercising arbitrary power, i.e., tyranny.

At this point they don't have the ballz!, maybe some day but sure as he11 not now.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If NICS was compelled to reply to EVERY gun transaction in the U.S., it would crash, and they know it.

Surely merely a question of adding computing space, and if denials/whatever required a human in the process at some point, Obama wouldn't care if that process stretched out for months.

And most private transactions are INTRASTATE, which brings up the whole issue of "federalism" if the feds try to regulate them.

Most private transactions are that way in part because interstate private sale/transfers are illegal. Law-abiding folks usually obey laws.

But in this case, since the Feds already regulate commercial interstate AND intrastate sales involving FFL dealers via background checks etc, passing a ban on undocumented private sales would merely make private sales subject to the exact same regulations already in effect for commercial sales.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Only 4 million of those are NRA members. What percentage is that?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I would consider ways feds could find out if anyone were in possession of a weapon made illegal under the new gun control law that's fixin' to be rammed down our throats. They would not have to rely upon paperwork completed at transactions. They could monitor Internet purchase transactions that would indicate possession of certain types of weapons, they could get a hold of firing range records; hell, they could even knock on your neighbor's door. Many, many crimes are solved due to cops' abilities to work informants. And believe me, when I used to bust dopers and offer to refer them to my agency's narcotics unit to become confidential informants in exchange for leniency, they'd snitch off their mothers.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Only 4 million of those are NRA members. What percentage is that?

5%

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would consider ways feds could find out if anyone were in possession of a weapon made illegal under the new gun control law that's fixin' to be rammed down our throats. They would not have to rely upon paperwork completed at transactions. They could monitor Internet purchase transactions that would indicate possession of certain types of weapons, they could get a hold of firing range records; hell, they could even knock on your neighbor's door. Many, many crimes are solved due to cops' abilities to work informants. And believe me, when I used to bust dopers and offer to refer them to my agency's narcotics unit to become confidential informants in exchange for leniency, they'd snitch off their mothers.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Yeah, I know; neither did Bernie Madoff...
If Madoff truly had no intention of being arrested, he wouldn't have been. That's why they don't let slaves have firearms.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
If they get registration it will be this way....

Simply to pass or EO mandatory federal forms with EVERY gun transfer, billed as a common sense way to stop lunatics and criminals from getting guns, even from private sales.

Then all they have to do is sit back and wait. How many of us would risk losing everything in a gun purchase or sale, epecially to stranger?

Most of US here on the campfire probably already have most of the guns we want, so our stuff wont cross the Federal radar for awhile, unless we bought them from a FFL holder. But eventually they will be sold or transferred, by someone, if only after we die. And most all these transfers will be in compliance with the law.

Also, growing up in England and then New York State and now a longterm resident of Texas I have observed how whatever lawsare in effect become the societal norms.

If the "gunshow loophole" is closed, ie banning private sales without a yellow form and background check, twenty years from now those laws will be the accepted norm everywhere, ie you'd be considered a loony to try and sell a gun to someone without a background check.

So, if you dont comply, your kids' generation will, and find the practice normal.

Birdwatcher
True, but this isn't about registration. It's about disarming the American people. Registration is merely a required step on the path. Confiscation follows registration, then come the concentration camps.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

That happened many, many years ago when we began to have to prove we weren't criminals prior to buying guns.
I know folks with lots of guns who've never had to prove anything to anyone.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Firing range records?? Where the hell do you live??

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I sold all my semi-automatic firearms during the past feeding frenzy in face-to-face cash-only sales. All I have a left is a couple of bolt action rifles and some old single action revolvers.

Sniper rifles and original assault pistols I see.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Let's assume the feds get a line on a loud mouth owner of a weapon that's declared illegal under the new gun control law that's fixin' to be rammed down our throats. Let's call this big talking loud mouth heavywalker just to make it easier to illustrate how the feds operate. They work him for a while until they have info for a search warrant. They get paper and serve it on him a 3:00 am while he's in between bouts of sleep apnea. After the flash bang and dynamic entry, he recovers marginal lucidity sufficient to realize he's in handcuffs.

At a satellite AFT office, an agent offers him a deal. Plead guilty to a felony and do two years' fed time in exchange for the names of 10 people he knows who owns firearms made illegal under the new gun control law that's fixin' to be rammed down our throats. Realizing the predicament he's in, heavywalker becomes heavysinger. He's willing to snitch off so many of is buddies that the feds can't get the microphone away from his mouth.

When guys who think they're tough are looking at the awesome power of the federal government, they ain't so damned tough. heavywalker will sing like BaBa Streisand to avoid at least 10 years fed time, a fine he can't pay, and the liquidation of every asset he owns. He won't have to worry about owning guns. They will be gone. The feds will only cut him a deal if he pleads to a felony, and he will.

There are maybe a very small fraction of a single percent of really hard core criminals who'll never snitch. And heavywalker ain't one of 'em.

Think this through before you do something from which recovery is impossible.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
You are mistaking me for you azzhole, you have no spine.

When they ask you who has guns, you be sure to tell them that heavywalker has some. wink

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
TRH,

You don't have to sign in and record caliber of weapon where you shoot? I think it's a shooting range insurance company compliance requirement more than anything. I do not know how long those records are kept.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Originally Posted by Raisuli

levrluvr,

To defend yourself from a federal firearms violation, it will cost a small fortune.

Raisuli, as usual, you don't get it. I'm sure there will be others, and none of us would get any press coverage other than another of those 'Tea Party Terrorists' were killed by a swat team in an exchange of gunfire.
Live free, or die tryin. I'm too old to worry about the job, property loss, or felony charges. They can come and get them, but they won't be gently handed over.

levrluvr,

You might be too old to care, but most everyone else isn't. To ask a man to risk destroying his family to make a point he ain't gunna make might be a little over the top. And to give you some much needed advice, growing older & possibly dying in fed prison ain't a bright idea. But you go the route that's right for you. After all, you're your own man & obviously what I know to be true ain't true for you.

You are the type that live in the USA, but would have never been in the original group of freedom fighters. In fact I wonder if you'd fight at all.

I'm with a few others here. The rights we are guaranteed are eroded. Its why I'm still here though rather than another country. And as such it is my sworn duty to uphold the constitution, which I will do. To my dying day. I will not sit in a prison. I will not give up my rights. I don't have anything else to live for if not free. Neither does my family.

They had better really think twice about this before moving forward. And I'm ashamed that many of my former USA residents are too scared to stand up to the wheels. Seems like we are in Russia already.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by heavywalker
You are mistaking me for you azzhole, you have no spine.

When they ask you who has guns, you be sure to tell them that heavywalker has some. wink

I have you wired, m'man.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
TRH,

You don't have to sign in and record caliber of weapon where you shoot? I think it's a shooting range insurance company compliance requirement more than anything. I do not know how long those records are kept.

laugh

You're a clueless [bleep] lib.

Shooting range records? insurance compliance? laugh

pull yer head out of your ass.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 76 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,530
Posts18,530,902
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.