Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 169 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 168 169
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What is there to do after the first morning?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If you want to kill 3 hours,you can ride with me to get some paper plates.

The food,partying and comraderie,outside of hunting,will have you feeling the 4 days went by way too quickly. It really goes very quickly.

But,you can always tag along with another for a hunt,go fishing,sight in rifles/handguns and/or do the same with other's guns,sightsee, strip clubs,whorehouses. You know...the usual.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I could round up another 100FPS shoulder mount camera, and you could perhaps try your hand at hunt videography if you would like. I did some of the film work for my Africa DVD and it is pretty fun. I will likely have the MASTER of such things on hand to give you tips on how to set up and get good shots and footage.

I am just CERTAIN that we could count on you to NEVER take video footage of inebriated members and hunters makeing themselves look silly.... We all know that such a thing would never enter your mind..... <G>

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
whats the cost to just show up to BS and would i have to have a deposit in by the 25th?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My memory is that the non hunter fee is only $250.00. I sure would be great to see you there and catch up a bit on things we both endure. If I drive instead of fly, maybe I could grab you en route and share a ride East. Any other greater PNW guys want to drive out and back?

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hell yeah if you want to drive ill tag along for sure and do a chunck of driving an pick up some of the gas tab....will look at the numbers again and maybe i can make a flight work....

Last edited by rattler; 01/08/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
hell yeah if you want to drive ill tag along for sure and do a chunck of driving an pick up some of the gas tab....will look at the numbers again and maybe i can make a flight work....

If we can pick up another traveller, it might cost less than flying and the limitations on armament and ammunition go away. Right now I have a nice clean Chevrolet Avalanche but am hoping to sell it and buy a late 90's or early 2000's Diesel Quad cab Ford 4x pickup truck by then. Won't buy a newer one as I only want a 7.3 turbodiesel motor and because I cannot AFFORD a newer one while still paying cash.

I am feelin a road trip comin on.... <G>

Last edited by safariman; 01/08/13.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
let me know....only limitation traveling that way is im 6'1" with chitty knees and cant be crammed into a seat with no leg room without knocking my self out on pain meds.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have everything cleared with the boss, if someone else is interested in driving with us Mark and i will drive down.....im still prolly not going to get to hunt but im fine with just doing the road trip...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler
let me know....only limitation traveling that way is im 6'1" with chitty knees and cant be crammed into a seat with no leg room without knocking my self out on pain meds.....

We will likley BOTH be mostly knocked out on pain meds as we travel smile LOOK OUTfor the bright Yellow jacked up Avalanche, folks, the drivers are LOOPY! <G>

I will have to paint a catchy name on my rig for this trip. Something like "The Opiate Express"

Seriously, if we can find one more person to help drive and share fuel expenses Rattler just PM'ed me that can go, and the whole thing sounds like a great road trip. Both Rattler and I will be glad to share oour gas money AND our Opiates! laffin,

Who else wants to go that is from the PNW or Rocky Mountain regions?

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wish your route took you through Rochester, NY.
I'm looking to catch a ride (or for riders) to the '13 Hog Hunt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you pay the gas, it could!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
If you want to kill 3 hours,you can ride with me to get some paper plates.

The food,partying and comraderie,outside of hunting,will have you feeling the 4 days went by way too quickly. It really goes very quickly.

But,you can always tag along with another for a hunt,go fishing,sight in rifles/handguns and/or do the same with other's guns,sightsee, strip clubs,whorehouses. You know...the usual.

Last year it rained and the leaves were damp, and it was fairly easy to move around quietly. If it's dry this year it could be more challenging. There's not a lot of the real big boars out there, so if you hold out for a trophy, it might take a day or two, espcecially if you need to get close for a primitive weapon.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there always a guide along and right beside you? IF so, I could bring a primitive weapon but have a reasonably powerful rifle close at hand in case such was needed.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by safariman
Is there always a guide along and right beside you? IF so, I could bring a primitive weapon but have a reasonably powerful rifle close at hand in case such was needed.

No, they let you do your own thing. Bring it, Bobby and I will do the rifle-barer thing as long as you can put up with our peer pressure and heckling!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like I am driving out and bringing Rattler with, so I just might do that. Time to start practicing with the longbow AND the Assegai Spear.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That sure would be taking 'the scenic route'!

If you pay the gas, it could!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I was wondering if there was any fishing at the place.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Scott there is a small pond next to the servants quaters there are some fish in it

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I could round up another 100FPS shoulder mount camera, and you could perhaps try your hand at hunt videography if you would like. I did some of the film work for my Africa DVD and it is pretty fun. I will likely have the MASTER of such things on hand to give you tips on how to set up and get good shots and footage.

I am just CERTAIN that we could count on you to NEVER take video footage of inebriated members and hunters makeing themselves look silly.... We all know that such a thing would never enter your mind..... <G>

I'm the LAST guy that will be taking pics of people being people, unless they request it. I don't like photos taken of me unless I want one taken of me and I am the same with others. Good chance I'll be smashing a camera before it's over.

Page 16 of 169 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 18 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,203
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.