Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
ld7009 Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Pyrodex VS Triple 7 Pellets, Pro's and Con's, Which is the overall best. Which would you use and why. I would appreciate. I have reading and getting no where's for days. Would appreciate your help.
Thank You

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have used Pyrodex but not Triple 7. The Pyrodex worked fine and was a bit easier to clean up than black powder, fouling was really no better as far as I was concerned. Triple 7 is supposed to be better, I have some friends that use it. I have used American Pioneer Powder for several years now and am very pleased. Virtually no build up and cleans easily with a couple of wet patches. Accuracy has been more than acceptable with 3 shots making clover leafs at 50 yards, good enough for me and the areas I hunt. I have no problems with misfires at any temp.

Now there are many here that do not like the APP, most of the complaints come from those using the "sticks". I use the loose powder and just weigh the charges along with a "firm" compression when seating the bullet.

Heaven has a wall, a gate and strict immigration policy.

Hell has open borders.

Let that sink in.....

I Live for Opening Day!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
FWIW for me 777 (both 2f and 3f) I have had fewer misfire/ignition problems, less hydroscopic, less fouling, and better accuracy over pyrodex. Loose has been superior to pellets in accuracy and ignition as well.

I used RS select loose over the pellets and then swtiched to 777 2f and now playing with 3f as I am settling on lighter charges.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
TX7 will walk on Pyrodex

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
C
We have the perfect system of purchasing cheap Diablo 3 Gold,if you register to be our member that you can get the member points.While,you can use your member point exchange to free D3 Gold.Meanwhile,our store would always provide the useful and professional Diablo 3 Guide for you upgrade fast!

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
FWIW for me 777 (both 2f and 3f) I have had fewer misfire/ignition problems, less hydroscopic, less fouling, and better accuracy over pyrodex. Loose has been superior to pellets in accuracy and ignition as well.

I used RS select loose over the pellets and then swtiched to 777 2f and now playing with 3f as I am settling on lighter charges.

Good Gawd, don't let Bricktop see that!!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE - they both have the same ignition temp!!! Well, in spite of that, I have had the same results as you. 777 is superior in ignition and accuracy. Why? I dunno.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Im pretty sure pyrodex pellets have a lower ignition temp. The black part on the pyrodex pellets is mostly black powder. The pellets are also listed as having a lower ignition temp than loose pyrodex.

Compare the flash points.
http://www.hodgdon.com/msds.html

Last edited by Overkill45; 01/09/13.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by benchman

Good Gawd, don't let Bricktop see that!!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE - they both have the same ignition temp!!! Well, in spite of that, I have had the same results as you. 777 is superior in ignition and accuracy. Why? I dunno. [/quote]

Its what i've found. Pyro seems to get wetter if left out. Maybe its better at soaking up water from the atmosphere? U can only guess on that, but, like you, I've found 777 easier than pyro all else seemingly equal.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Both have worked fine for me.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 10 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,296
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.