Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CanuckShooter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
The real problem is the fact that you seem to think that it's okay for any group of people to suck at the teat of the working class while contributing nothing. Of those groups you mentioned, most contribute or are unable to contribute to society for the money received. Leeches that are able to contribute in some way, but don't, are a problem that needs to be fixed.

If you think it's okay for one more group or people to jump on the meal ticket band wagon, well then, to quote the movie Shooter: "your moral compass is so f***ed up, I'd be surprised if you manage to find your way back to the parking lot" wink

What exactly do mainstream politician contribute while they are sucking at the teat of the taxpayer? I've seen some pretty good sandbox fights in the legislature, but beyond that???

A good litmus test to help you figure out whether a group of people contribute anything of value to society or not (since you seem to be having a hard time with this), goes as follows:

If _____ group of people were to suddenly be teleported to Mars, how would our society be affected?

If you think our country can get by without any politicians, well then you're beyond reason. They obviously contribute something of value in managing the large picture affairs of the country. They're not always efficient or effective, but they are necessary. But there are a few groups of people sucking at the societal teat, that if they were to suddenly appear on Mars, our society would carry on with life, and the only thing that would change, is the tax payers' pockets would either be a little bit more padded, or else we would see some other benefit from the re-directed tax dollars. wink

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Does your mayor stick handle millions of dollars each year? I think not, it's a part time position. The premier of Alberta lives off the taxpayers, prisoners live off the taxpayer, white trash welfare recipients live off the taxpayer, school teachers live off the taxpayer....why should spence and her boyfriend be any different???

No, our mayors don't steal millions from their people. The reason Spence and her boyfriend ARE different is that they contribute nothing to society, they live a parasitic existence...etc. Additionally, our mayors usually at least try to do their job.

What exactly do mainstream politician contribute while they are sucking at the teat of the taxpayer? I've seen some pretty good sandbox fights in the legislature, but beyond that???

Whether you like to admit it or not, mainstream politicians actually DO get stuff done. Look at each ministry and see their function. Are politicians perfect? No. But we would be in big trouble without someone running the show. Also, keep in mind that Harper, who runs the entire country, makes less that the majority of chiefs. Especially when you consider the rampant nepotism amongst aboriginals. Can you imagine what would happen if Harper gave six figure paying government jobs to his kids, wife, uncles and aunts? Especially when those people have absolutely ZERO qualifications, skills and ability to do the jobs? That happens in just about every single band.

CanuckShooter - I think you are being a troll. I don't want to believe that you are as ignorant as you make yourself out to be.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
You will be amazed at the depths to which he will sink here......search his posts and SEE the frequent negative comments on, guess who, INDIANS......

Yeppers, our Jim is a REAL piece of work, but, it is all due to a lack of spaghum aka "spruce" moss in his didies when he was a little papoose............. wink

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kutenay
You will be amazed at the depths to which he will sink here......search his posts and SEE the frequent negative comments on, guess who, INDIANS......

Yeppers, our Jim is a REAL piece of work, but, it is all due to a lack of spaghum aka "spruce" moss in his didies when he was a little papoose............. wink

LOL--we were assimilated and cotton was preferred by then.

I find it humurous that some people actually believe there is no corruption in mainstream politics. It wasn't that long ago that mayors in Quebec were resigning, Cons were building gazebos in fav ridings, military helicopters were used for joy rides....so soon we forget.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Who said that there's no corruption in mainstream politics?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jordan - haven't you learned? His MO is Red Herrings and Straw Men.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Who said that there's no corruption in mainstream politics?

Nobody did, this thread wasn't about Spence either... I just want to see if you have any interest in changing the subject to crooked mainstream politicos. ;-). I'm sure you will because your not racists and we should give equal time to them Too and keep things in balance, don't you think? ;-)

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Arac
Jordan - haven't you learned? His MO is Red Herrings and Straw Men.

Rollmops? ;-). And stuffed shirts?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
CanuckShooter. Let's just face it. Natives have shorter life expectancy, lower education, lower income and generally do not contribute anything positive to society. I'm not being racist. That is just the facts. Given this, maybe it is time for a new model? Looks like getting handouts and living on reserves is not working so maybe just cut it all off and join the rest of Canadian society.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It's a sad day, Kutenay is jealous that I am now considered a real Indian. ;-) I know what the problem really is, it's something that you cannot possibly attain....official recognition from the government of the land that your a somebody. ;-)

So are you now looking for a free handout too?? or do you already get a "cash for life" also referred to as "welfare" cheque whistle

IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Remember the Little Big Horn....;-)

remember Louise Riel swinging from a rope!!!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lol....it gets better and better. It's all good though, as more and more Canadians will now realize what is happening...

More news...

Rog Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's spiraling outa control for spence,she's lost the suport of the media it appears even the cbc isn't painting her in such a shiney light no more...I don't see any of the other parties or the afn wanting her on their dance card any more

"You gotta accomplish something every day. When you go to bed at night ask yourself what you did today, there better be something on the list" Robin Carlson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rog - the thing is that there are many bands in the same position for the same reason. In fact, I wager that the vast majority are run very similarly to Atawapiskat. On the other hand there are a few, like the Osoyoos band, who have done very well. The Osoyoos band owns and runs Nk'Mip cellars and vinyard, Nk'Mip Resort, which is 4 stars and also has a golf course. They own and run "Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, including NK'MIP Conference Centre, Solstice Spa and Mica Restaurant at Spririt Ridge; NK�MIP Cellars, NK�MIP Desert Cultural Centre, Sonora Dunes Golf Course and NK�MIP RV Park"

They are the ones that have taken taxpayers' money and invested it wisely. They employ over 400 band members that live on the reserve. Good for them I say.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rene
CanuckShooter. Let's just face it. Natives have shorter life expectancy, lower education, lower income and generally do not contribute anything positive to society. I'm not being racist. That is just the facts. Given this, maybe it is time for a new model? Looks like getting handouts and living on reserves is not working so maybe just cut it all off and join the rest of Canadian society.

Rene-this ruling affects approximately 600,000 Metis and non status people in Canada, the vast majority (Kelly lake, Metis settlements in alta exceptions) do not live on reserves. The people we are talking about have embraced living within the mainstream community. The vast majority are business people and employees. I suspect your having difficulty grasping the concept that you cannot paint all native people with the same bigoted brush?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by senior
It's a sad day, Kutenay is jealous that I am now considered a real Indian. ;-) I know what the problem really is, it's something that you cannot possibly attain....official recognition from the government of the land that your a somebody. ;-)

So are you now looking for a free handout too?? or do you already get a "cash for life" also referred to as "welfare" cheque whistle

In a couple of years I'll start collecing my 'cash for life' cheques....forty five years of working and paying taxes gives me an entitlement to a CPP cheque. By then I won't have to pay for fishing and hunting licenses either.....:-).

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

In a couple of years I'll start collecing my 'cash for life' cheques....forty five years of working and paying taxes gives me an entitlement to a CPP cheque. By then I won't have to pay for fishing and hunting licenses either.....:-).

Ah,the "social safety net".....largely created by people of Scots ancestry, WHITE, proud and the REAL builders of Canada.

Funny boy, are you REALLY so stupid and deluded that you think that I would EVER be ...jealous... of YOU???? That, is the most ridiculous comment,even for YOU, that I have ever read here!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kutenay

Ah,the "social safety net".....largely created by people of Scots ancestry, WHITE, proud and the REAL builders of Canada.

Funny boy, are you REALLY so stupid and deluded that you think that I would EVER be ...jealous... of YOU???? That, is the most ridiculous comment,even for YOU, that I have ever read here!

Maybe not jealous then....perhaps envious is more like it? ;-). I have the best of both worlds, life is good. I'm thinking that your not as bored now? :-)

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
You, do not have the intellect, cultural sophistication and erudition to even begin to ...have the best of both worlds....or, ANY world.

...bored..., well, your pathetic attempts to make yourself believe that you actually know anything, other than how to "dawgf**k" your shifts away and post your usual ludicrous nonsense here, are sometimes amusing,for a few minutes at most.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I can hear drums.....a wave of change is sweeping Turtle Island. ;-)

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 30 invisible), 2,040 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,746
Posts18,495,188
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.