Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
ccd Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/Shale-playground-in-W-Texas-4180979.php

�They're getting thousands and thousands of feet of pay zone,� said Ken Morgan, director of the Texas Christian University Energy Institute, who spoke Wednesday at Palo Alto College. �It's like the Eagle Ford on steroids. They haven't even begun. We're just in the toe of this thing.�

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is good. If Obama would open up more drilling he could probably rid the country of it's unemployment problem. I am glad the good folks in Texas found some oil. I wish they would find some in my backyard!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Old news. The shale play in the Permian basin has been booming for a long time. It will get much busier, however.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Well, there is plenty of room there. Thankfully most of should be on private land, so the marxist mulatto won't be able to put the kibosh on it, hopefully.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it has a lot of oil- like the Eagle Ford- hurray. If just gas......... ho hum.

As far as this is concerned:

But Morgan also said OPEC is �jittery� about U.S. shale plays, and thinks that at some point it will drop the price of oil on the world market to try to force natural gas out of the market in favor of cheaper imported oil.

The smart guys say OPEC don't have the reserves to do this again.

And,,,,,, there is a 20 in pipeline under construction now from Amarillo to Houston to carry LNG.It won't STAY in Houston.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It's another shale oil play. Remember this name.......Cline Shale. As the article says it will be many, many times bigger than the Bakken and Eagleford, and will dwarf the already huge Wolfberry and Wolfbone plays that are happening right now, and they are not shale plays. My sources here tell me it could easily be the biggest field in the world by the time they prove it up.

Last edited by JGRaider; 01/10/13.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...but do you think we can get a pipeline from Midland to Port Arthur approved? smirk

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It would take half of China to get west Texas crowed.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and you know they won't stay long. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lets not start planning on half of China please.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Texas and Alaska should both join OPEC grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[bleep], I could fit everyone in Wyoming atop of Elephant Mountain.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Oh my...but do you think we can get a pipeline from Midland to Port Arthur approved? smirk

Not crossing a state line, would it need Federal Government approval? Lot shorter haul from North Dakota, too smile

Pretty darn good news, it seems.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Great.

But you guys DO know that this is just going to keep driving the price of leases/hunts up, as has happened in some areas with Eagle Ford?

Sorry to whiz in the Wheaties...!

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This article shows a pic of projected feild size, which counties etc. Too bad I have no minerals in that area. Some good hunting in part of those counties. Most of it is "Drive through country"

http://lubbockonline.com/business/2...s-fuel-expectations-cline-shale-oil-boom

Last edited by Wtxj; 01/10/13.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Not crossing a state line, would it need Federal Government approval?

Nope.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Great.

But you guys DO know that this is just going to keep driving the price of leases/hunts up, as has happened in some areas with Eagle Ford?

...and more money to pay for it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This map shows existing pipeline from Midland to Houston. Oil not gas. Remember, drilling started in the Permain Basin back in 1920's or so. Wolfberry has been know about for years, but how to get the oil out is the new part. Cline area has 100,000's of wells in it right now, but how to drill a horzontial and how to frac correctly is the new part in the last several years.

http://www.sunocologistics.com/Customers/Business-Lines/Asset-Map/130/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup. The pipeline comment was a joke son. (Best FogHorn Leghorn voice.)

Maybe Nebraska will reconsider holding the rest of the nation hostage now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
It's another shale oil play. Remember this name.......Cline Shale. As the article says it will be many, many times bigger than the Bakken and Eagleford, and will dwarf the already huge Wolfberry and Wolfbone plays that are happening right now, and they are not shale plays. My sources here tell me it could easily be the biggest field in the world by the time they prove it up.

between improvements in seismography technology and drilling technology/techniques in the last 20 years means we are both finding more deposits AND being able to get them out of the ground....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

53 members (300_savage, 35, Akhutr, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,393 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,208
Posts18,503,878
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.