-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yesterday I watched the new video that BigFins company (On Your Own Adventures)produced.

I had some work to do at home so I watched all 4 hours of the new Season Four Video series. I made some pizza and did my work (really...grin) and enjoyed the film.

I especially enjoyed the segment where Randy took Neils and Ole a 83 year old gentleman on a whitey hunt. Ole reminded me a lot of my father who passed away a year ago and I laughed like heck during the video. My wife had to come in and see what was tickling me so much.

And being a fella wolf hunter I enjoyed the two part segment on wolf hunting as well in which they actually took on film in Montana a nice black wolf.

Darn well done to Randy and his team!

Dober

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 01/12/13.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He does do a great job of putting together a show. One of the few out there that I really enjoy watching. And that wolf show is a heck of an accomplishment, hard enough for a guy to get one at all without adding the trouble of getting it on film.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed! Top notch production values..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's for sure, actually finding a wolf is one thing, getting a shot is another and getting it on film is well uffda tough to do.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You been out looking, mark?

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
On Your Own is one of them I tape, for use while i am on the mindless treadmill. Helps the hours go faster.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the kind comments, guys. Shows just how bored Dober must be, if he will watch four hours of DVDs, let alone four hours with my ugly mug.

Off to SHOT show, then will film some bison and wolf hunting for the next six weeks. Don't hate me, but I drew an either-sex tag for the big shaggies over on the West Yellowstone side. Get that out of the way, then I will launch a full scale assault on wolves with rifle and trap. Those should spice up the DVD set for next season.

My name is Randy Newberg and I approved this post. What is written is my opinion, and my opinion only.

"Hunt when you can. You're gonna run out of health before you run out of money."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buff is the one tag I really really want..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anxious to see both hunts! Buffalo would be a lot of fun.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
That's for sure, actually finding a wolf is one thing, getting a shot is another and getting it on film is well uffda tough to do.

Dober

Now i know without a doubt your roots are minnesotan. Uffda comment gives it away every time

I too enjoy those OYA shows. Not sure i have 4 hours of free time but if i did i wouldn't mind spending it watching OYA.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
OYOA is the only show I look for by name. The other ones I wait and see what they are hunting and if it is elk or muleys in the mountains I watch until they invariably suck so bad I stop watching. I watch all the OYOAs though. I think Randy could improve his overall attractiveness if he started painting his fingernails. That would add a new dimension to the show.....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.