Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
There I've said it, Remington's absolutely suck. I never thought I'd say that, but I've had nothing but one problem after another with them lately. Right now I have 4 different Remington rifles misbehaving. All of them are trigger/safety related problems. The first is my beloved 30.06 BDL that decided to start going off when the safety was released. I replaced the trigger and safety with a Timney and now nothing works right. The trigger, safety, bedding all went to [bleep]. That one is on it's way to a gunsmith shortly. Next gun on the list I have a new 700 AWR in 300 WinMag. It works okay, but the bolt does not lock when the safety is on. It binds, but it does not lock tightly and now and then it likes to bind even when the safety is off, not to mention jam shells instead of ejecting them everytime. I also have a .308 in a 788 that the whole trigger/safety assembly is froze up tight. I think there is a part missing somewhere. Anyway I have a Canjar on the way to hopefully solve that problem. Just before I left for Canada I swapped for a Remington Mt. Rifle LSS 7mm08. Before I left everything worked just fine. This morning I pull it out of my safe to check the trigger and decide how much adjusting it's going to need. The whole friggen thing is locked up tight as well. I'm talking the trigger, safety and bolt release. Nothing will budge. This POS of rifle has that STUPID J-Lock and I swear it acts like it's engaged or something. Having never owned one with a J-Lock I'm not sure. What I do know is that in it's current condition it's useless. There's no way that lock was engaged as it has been sitting all by it's self in my safe for the last month and I haven't got a freakin key to lock or unlock it with anyway. I'm sick of fiddling with Remington's. From here on out it's Tikka's, Sakos, Weatherby, and maybe in a weak momment even a Winchester. I HAVE BOUGHT/TRADED MY LAST REMINGTON!!!!!!!!!! Once I get these buggers fixed there's a good chance a bunch of them will be for sale so stayed tuned if you like abuse and have money to burn. Okay I'm done venting.

Is it Friday yet?
HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't say I disagree with you much,at least on Remingtons made in the last 5 years or so.
<br>
<br>Sell those POS and buy yourself a good Browning Belgium Safari Grade.Even Big Stick likes those,and even he'll admit to them being head and shoulders over just about any bolt rifle.Mauser or Sako action model,doesn't really matter.They are all REALLY scarry accurate,well made,hand engraved with good stocks.Just don't get one with a salt wood stock and I promise you you'll love it.
<br>
<br>If not,I'll trade you some Remingtons for it. [Linked Image]

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put a Rifle Basic trigger on mine ,read the results in custom rifle building.Any piece of precision parts ,tight fitting in a open topped box is a problem waiting to happen.Good luck.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, so I really should wait until I can get a killer deal on that LSS, 'cus I'd like it.....
<br>
<br>But..... you know that gunsmith you told me about? He did the trigger job on my new rifle and he also has a firing pin assembly ($65) that replaces the factory one (J-lock and all). It funtions perfectly, helps accuracy, weighs 3 oz less than the factory setup AND gets rid of the wart. He did a really nice job on the trigger for $42. So far, I have to say that I'm extremely happy with my new Remington.
<br>
<br>BTW, I have a J-lock tool I can send you if you need it. Now that I can live with my conscience, feel free to sell that POS for next to nothing -- just let me have first crack at it [Linked Image]!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BTW, next time I'm up there, please remind me NOT to put anything in your safe!!!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Big Sky,
<br>
<br>Sorry to hear of your woes. I would get a GOOD gunsmith to fix the problems. I would also get rid of that POS J-Lock. I've seen replacement shrouds on TacticalStocks.com that remove that eyesore.
<br>
<br>Had a new Leupold VariXIII take a crapper on me yesterday,so I have a hunch how you feel. See my post about it taking a dirt nap.
<br>
<br>Even the good stuff breaks on occasion but it still sucks....

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Muley brings up a good point. Do you think it's possible you have a humidity problem with your safe?????

James

But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines, the commandments of men. Mt 15:9
AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post deleted by AFP

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did the person who adjusted them know what they were doing? If I were you I would have a good look at them to see if any of the adjustment screws have backed out or something....
<br>
<br>Good luck I know they can be very aggravating when they misbehave...
<br>
<br>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't tell me you turned Canuck too?!!?
<br>
<br>Always looking for another sucky Remington. You've my phone number and Email addy both. Sucky short actions,are my preference. Sucky S/S a bonus,especially one chambered in that good for nuthin' 7-08.
<br>
<br>Go easy,when you start unloadin' those lemons upon me.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That Stick is a generous soul.....[Linked Image]

James

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The only thing Remington has going for them, is Boddington's love for the 700 action. Besides that, can we say trash?! Paying $500+ for a gun that doesn't even work properly - what a joke.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
stalker,
<br>
<br>Should you too,have broken Remingtons,I'm all ears...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
HEY-- HEY YOU --STOP trying to HOG all the CRAPPY M700's . I want a few of them, too.;>)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't figure I'd be able to have a monopoly,I'm too damn poor....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can help you out if you want to sell off any of those peices of junk. Those short action Remingtons are just the worst of the bunch. I could also help you get rid of any of those factory triggers you replaced with those nice new custom triggers. I may make trot line weights or something out of them. e-mail me when you are ready to get rid of those nasty old things. PDS

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Troy,
<br>
<br> The sharks are circling- [Linked Image]- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Troy, lets see... Rem's have a trigger design with fifteen different little parts that must fit and operate well on several different planes, yet is still undisputabley the least "safe" safety/trigger ever designed. Mike Walker (the designer) urged the then DuPont owned Remington Co. to change to a "Model 70 Style Trigger." The extractor is a little nail clipping of metal that can clog with brass shavings and sometimes snap. The bolt handle is a brazed-on, ill-shaped POS that can and does break off. The trigger guard and floorplate (if included) are cheezy pot-metal and now you need a "key" to "start" your rifle. No, I quit Remington's about seven years ago and will never own another.
<br>
<br>BA

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't worry I'll be listing them soon enough, but I want them fixed first. Don't be looking for any cheap deals though, as they will go for the fair market price, as I got to get as much as I can, to pay for better rifles you know.[Linked Image] Right now the Sako Stainless is calling my name pretty loud.

Is it Friday yet?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Troy
<br>Those new SS Mauser MkX actions should be just what you want, so long as you are willing to give up the weight savings and accuracy of those rotten Remingtons.
<br>
<br>If I didn't know better I would be inclined to question your ability to adjust a trigger??? But I also have one right now that I cannot adjust, though I have completely disassembled and polished it twice, it is still too stiff for use.
<br>
<br>Good luck with them
<br>art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,391
Posts18,488,706
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.