Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I love our damn government regulations-

Those weight savings are important, because in order to meet ever-stricter crash regulations, develop a much richer interior and add performance, some weight had to be added back in the form of new equipment. Counterintuitively, Chevy tells Autoblog that if its engineers didn't have to care about fuel economy, the C7 would actually be lighter. How's that? The new small block incorporates features like direct injection, variable-valve timing and cylinder deactivation ("Active Fuel Management") trickery, all of which adds weight. The new engine management hardware alone adds 35 pounds, plus there's a further 5.5 pounds for the AFM exhaust valves (so the engine doesn't sound objectionable when operating in V4 mode), another 15 or so pounds for the steel torque tube to help improve drivability with AFM, etc.), and so on. Surprisingly good fuel consumption figures have become something of a hallmark in recent generations, and it was a top priority to preserve that leadership in the new generation

I watched a documentary of how they designed the current generation Camaro. It's no designed by a "designer" at all. It was designed by a comitte and a bunch of regulations. They finally got it down and then they raised the roof some more to meet a minimum height requirement in Australia so they could sell it there as well.

Otto is my co-pilot.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
HUMMMM! Hold on boys, I have never much liked the lines on a vette--always looked too sophisticated rather than bad. It looked like a Le Manns car--not an American road machine.
This model has taken more from the Mustang than ya'll will admit---except for the butt from hell.
Now, I own a Mustang, but it was because of looks than anything to do with Gov Motors--so don't go that route.
The reason the other retro's are popular is because they are Ameerican street cars--not race cars.
IMO
Blessings

TEXAS, by GOD
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by williamlayton
HUMMMM! Hold on boys, I have never much liked the lines on a vette--always looked too sophisticated rather than bad. It looked like a Le Manns car--not an American road machine.
This model has taken more from the Mustang than ya'll will admit---except for the butt from hell.
Now, I own a Mustang, but it was because of looks than anything to do with Gov Motors--so don't go that route.
The reason the other retro's are popular is because they are Ameerican street cars--not race cars.
IMO
Blessings

I like the old ray......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, I think that car looks spectacular.
Very definite European influence, mostly Italian.
Hope they sell a million.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Government Motors Corp has something alright, a POS, just like the potUS.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I like it a lot! I like the '63 and '67 too.
All the same and all different.
Looks like a Hot Wheels car.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Wait, that's not a Mustang?

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
So bailout, cash for clunkers, etc. The purchase price is tax deductible right?

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
As long as another choice exists, I would never buy a GM. The illegal transfer of assets by the fascist obama precludes me from ever owning one.

I agree. I forsook GM when they sold out to the Marxists. That new vette looks like a Japanese rice rocket. Not my cup of tea. The "retro" design protocol with metal chrome is the way to go if they want to sell these things to the affluent baby boomers.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What Chevy "has here" is 50 billion of our dollars - and they aren't getting even one more from me.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 75 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,684
Posts18,493,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.