-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Tell me if this logic scares you as much as it does me, but doesn't it make sense, seeing as most attornies are liberals?

So the Dr. has to report on the guns in the house but, a lawyer having a murder confessed to him by his client doesn't have to report it?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
One must NEVER give out any info re: firearms to any doc, PERIOD..

Not now, not before this, not EVER in the future.. It's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Do you know that our very own VA hospitals asks questions of its Vets such as:

Are you angry today?
Have you considered harming anyone?
Do you own guns that you might harm someone with?

In that exact order.

It's a sly way of worming their way into your home and it works, because a Vet that is thinking clearly may well reply, "I own guns but I have no intention of harming anyone."

A medicated or unhealthy Vet that is not thinking clearly may well reply, "I own a lot of guns but its none of your business..." and then, the slippery slope begins, where he created his own record that of course, in todays day and age, is on file forever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well think of it this way...when speaking to a doctor; you're not actually under oath.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I liken this entire scenario to the wholly dysfunctional and complete failure of The Prohibition. People hated alcohol then like they hate guns now. Make it illegal, it will fix America's problems.

So, they made it illegal. And speakeasy's popped up all over, criminals made a huge living running rum and whiskey, and people were killed over it. And of course, the police made a good living busting up stills, shooting the rum runners and transporting kegs of booze over to the FBI headquarters for their picnics.

Guns are no different, they are merely the "Evil Emotion of the Month" and when this doesn't work, they will find some new way to attack them or the owners. Hitler hated books, and we all know how evil THEY are!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I mentioned this in another thread, but how do you think all these doctors and therapists feel about now being 'deputized' into having the power to deny/allow gun ownership of a citizen?

Seems like this would open them up to huge liability cases and civil suits. If a patient was not turned in to the Feds for mental health problems, and then goes and shoots some people, now the doctor gets sued by the victim's families?

Or if a patient is unduly denied gun ownership, can or will the patient sue the doctor/therapist?

....huge can-o-worms.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 219Zipper

Are you angry today?

In that exact order.

I understand they do.. That's why I'll NEVER go to any VA hospital - even though I'm entitled as a former USN veteran..

But again - they can 'ask'.. Doesn't mean ya have to answer... Like another poster said, 'freedom of speech means I do not have to answer your questions..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck

Not now, not before this, not EVER in the future.. It's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS..
The entire profession has been co-opted by the state. It's now another arm of the state, just like banking.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
During my visits to military medical facilities I am asked several questions by those preparing me for my visit (the TPR - BP, Temperature, Pulse, Respiration folks). I only answer those questions I feel are pertinent to my current medical situation... Any, Do you smoke? Do you drink alcohol? Do you know why Pluto isn't a planet anymore? are all met with the same answer..... Silence... and when they prompt me I state "I don't feel this question is clinically pertinent to this visit." At my most recent visit the TPR assistant froze/locked up for a bit and sunken shoulder like stated, "But the program needs and answer!" She self said the program wouldn't let her proceed unless there was an answer... My reply was: "I didn't write the program." (I suspect the TPR twits put in whatever they desire and on the no-response questions they supply a -0- or negative vice a "No Reply from the patient".) AND WE KNOW, The Record is correct because those completing the Record are "professionals".

The Medical Providers (Doctors) have not directly asked me these same questions.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

I answered: "NUNYA F'KIN BIZ" on a life insurance policy Redneck. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Well think of it this way...when speaking to a doctor; you're not actually under oath.

Right on! And lying surely isn't against the law . If it was then Klinton and Hussein plus about fifty thousand more politicians need to be locked up.

But then, Col. North " lied to congress!" All depends on who they are.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well handled.

I do agree that the entire medical profession, or at least the Military portion of it, no longer looks out for the individual, only their best interest. And if that means filing reports on Vets that for any reason don't fit their "profile of good mental health" then, so be it, they will.

Never mind that the people that catalogued that list of "good mental health requirements" might be loonier than a bat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All laws contrary to the Constitution are null-and-void. I live my life accordingly. I don't even give my Social Security # to the front desk of a doctor's office.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Some years back I had surgery for colon cancer. I have yearly checkups to see if I'm cancer free. My surgeon is an avid bird hunter and fly fisherman. We spend a lot of time discussing shotguns and fly patterns. Another doctor, since retired, who treated a knee problem was a big game hunter who showed me pictures of his African hunt. I have no problem with discussing what I may or may not own with them. If I am subjected to a mandatory questioning about what I own by any medical professional I will politely answer "That's not part of my reason for being here today."

I'm on Medicare and also still have private insurance coverage. I'm kind of curious about what change or changes will take place in Medicare or Obamacare in this regard. At least before I'm shuttled off to a Snakepit or prescribed the "Big Pill."

Last edited by Roundup; 01/17/13.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sorta suspect "none of your business" is taken as a "yes". frown

"no" is my answer.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
First of all, congratulations on beating the Big C! Good for you!

Secondly, I agree that conversations with people that you mentioned are casual and harmless. We don't need to go overboard being paranoid, just that we do need to learn to be protective of information we once thought nothing of discussing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell me if this logic scares you as much as it does me, but doesn't it make sense, seeing as most attornies are liberals?

So the Dr. has to report on the guns in the house but, a lawyer having a murder confessed to him by his client doesn't have to report it?

That is a good point.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Are you angry today?

In that exact order.

I understand they do.. That's why I'll NEVER go to any VA hospital - even though I'm entitled as a former USN veteran..

But again - they can 'ask'.. Doesn't mean ya have to answer... Like another poster said, 'freedom of speech means I do not have to answer your questions..

Redneck I think the problem with that is eventually the govt will deny you healthcare for failing to answer.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I suspect you are right, that somehow they will find a way to make it a law that you either answer or be denied. I can easily see the VA pulling that, at least.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Roundup

I will have a meeting next week about have a colon exam done, now on medicare and the primary doctor has been after me to get it done. Now from googling colon cancer, it's suppose to be about 5% of the population, meaning 95% don't get it. My psa count by the way is something like .04, basically a nothing. So I am wondering why i need to go through this? One answer i got is if i DON"T do it and later development a problem, insurance won't cover it because i didn't do the preventative type exams. We will see.

I'm on Medicare and also still have private insurance coverage. I'm kind of curious about what change or changes will take place in Medicare or Obamacare in this regard. At least before I'm shuttled off to a Snakepit or prescribed the "Big Pill."

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/17/13.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (akpls, 300_savage, 2500HD, 79S, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 673, 14 invisible), 1,404 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,920
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.