Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

???

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We'll soon find out...

But, Dems? Yes..

GOP? - maybe, since it's been obvious the last half-dozen years that they have no balls to resist anything the Emperor wants..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think it will make it through the house. I also think in 2014 the Dems will take a beating.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
I don't think it will make it through the house.
I pray not..
I also think in 2014 the Dems will take a beating.
HAH.. We also thought the Emperor was gonna get his azz kicked in November too...

But I hope your predictions are totally accurate..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No, but what scares me is them passing a universal background check requirement. Clandestinely, that's the left's holy grail, because in truth that's the whole ball of wax. My concern is that the Republicans, to "appear reasonable," will proudly announce that they stopped the "worst" of what the Dems wanted, settling on this "reasonable" concession. Like a magician, the left wants you looking in the wrong area when the "magic" is being accomplished where you're not looking.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
I pray not..
HAH.. We also thought the Emperor was gonna get his azz kicked in November too...

Exactly, doesn't give one much faith. We have to light up the lines of our congressional reps as well as help fund our 2nd ammend protecting groups as much as we can.

Obama is starting a country wide campaign on this and we can't sit by and not act. You already know he has the media so we have to yell loud.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HArry Reid has said that the Senate won't even LOOK at gun control for at least three months. A bill of any consequence will not see the light of day in the house. Short answer, no they do not have the votes to pass anything of real import.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by safariman
HArry Reid has said that the Senate won't even LOOK at gun control for at least three months. A bill of any consequence will not see the light of day in the house. Short answer, no they do not have the votes to pass anything of real import.

I think our focus has to be on the House from a numbers game. They are friendly, the Senate is not.

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I think at the very least the 1994 restrictions will be back in effect. Lord knows a fixed stock makes a gun less lethal...not to mention all those bayonet attacks.

A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
The Senate knows that not much will get through the house. Therefore, a Senator "one the fence" is not going to stick his neck out and burn bridges to get nothing in return.

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You boys can fantasize the Senate has the 60 votes all you like but back when I went to school, 42-45 dem votes wasn't greater than 51 and certainly not the 60 needed to survive fillibuster.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
You boys can fantasize the Senate has the 60 votes all you like but back when I went to school, 42-45 dem votes wasn't greater than 51 and certainly not the 60 needed to survive fillibuster.

True enough, and when one factors in that TEN Democrat Senators are up for re election in '14, and a couple are from Southern States like Kentucky it does not take much of a pundit to figure out that nothing of real consequence is likely to get through congress. I don't even see a portion of the old '94 AWB making it to the floor of either body.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think it will make it through the house. I also think in 2014 the Dems will take a beating.

I think you are correct.......AND I'm ready now to give the Dems a beating. mad

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
and certainly not the 60 needed to survive fillibuster.

Did the rules change? Have you heard?

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...eform-claims-51-votes-for-nuclear-option

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Redneck
I pray not..

We know it is historically difficult to beat an incumbent president, and many people said from the beginning Romney would never beat Obama. But we also know that historically the party in the white house usually loses congressional seats in midterm elections, plus the Dem's have to defend senate seats in some rough states.

NRA Benefactor Member
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by RISJR

True enough, and when one factors in that TEN Democrat Senators are up for re election in '14, and a couple are from Southern States like Kentucky it does not take much of a pundit to figure out that nothing of real consequence is likely to get through congress. I don't even see a portion of the old '94 AWB making it to the floor of either body.
We don't have a Dem senator from Kentucky. Its Mitch McConnell running for reelection. But I'm sure he will stay with the NRA/GOP line on this, as he is already nervous about getting primaried in 2014.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2014 might be precisely why Bammy isn't going to push very hard on this. If he doesn't feel confident that he can get the votes now, Bammy and the dims (not a typo) may just be biding their time in the hope that they capture enough seats in 2014 to take another run at gun control.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
not if they cherish their jobs in two years

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Everyone that gives a [bleep] about their rights, needs to be emailing, writing, and calling their senators and congressman everyday(a different method each day, or all 3 methods each day). The squeaky wheel gets the grease, we better make for dmn sure that we are louder than the gun grabbers.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are a few western democrats in the senate that would not commit professional suicide.
Max Baucus even pretends he is still a Montanan when he is up for re-election.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,039 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,661
Posts18,512,878
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.