Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 169 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 168 169
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by NH K9
18 (give or take) from my house to the Lodge. I'll give you an exact time this year when I don't around the mountain and through those logging roads to get there!

4 from my house to Jim's door and 14 from there down. I wouldn't miss the drive for anything!

George

==============

You guys can crash at my place in Va if you want to split it up a bit.

In re: Pat's light he introduced us to, here's a new one introduced at the SHOT show today.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/daniel-zimmerman/new-from-streamlight-tlr-1-game-tracker/

Last edited by RISJR; 01/17/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have done flights to African a number of times and Europe, the West Indies etc as well. This trip should not be so bad.

I am in a similar situation as Rattler, not much cash and crippled up as well. He and I have been PM'ing back and forth about our shared experiances and pain control measures for the past year or more, it will be fun and interesting to travel all that way with another cripple! smile We will have ice chests in the rig, but not for the usual reasons. They will be full of ice packs and cold packs to put on our aching backs and joints! It will be interesting to see if my medicine bag/survival kit is larger and heavier than his! I should probably have something painted on my Chevy Avalance that reads "OPIATE EXPRESS!" or something similar.... What color paint will best compliment the bright yellow of my truck? <G>

For me, I got news that my kidney function went from 46% down to 35% in the last 6 months. Not too long before Dyalisis and such if that was a correct test reading and if the rapid decline keeps up so I want to go on this trip and hopefully one or two others before I cannot leave due to my kidneys. Seeing the countryside and hanging out with you all plus maybe killing a piggie or three just sounds like a grand idea right now. I am VERY glad to have ehlp with driving expenses, driving duties and a travelling companion. Never took off on a week long plus journey with someone I have never met before. Got to take risks and such to expereince life in its fullets and grandest. Right now experienceing life is high on my list of priorities. Besides, Rattler is taking by far the bigger risk in travelling with ME! My taste in music is unorthodox for one thing. Ranging from Southern Gospel Quartet to Christian Heavy Metal. I think that Rattler is going to come out this way a tad early and experience some rodent blasting before we go.

TN, here we come!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
i am in western ky. the lodge is about 4 hours from me. let me ask the wife tonight. about the amtrak. she can tell me if anything is near me. ken

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Swing up thru Michigan and another messed up member will join ya! grinJust kidding, but would love to go! hopeing for next year!

Last edited by saddlering; 01/17/13.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Can you guys hook up some IVs in rattler's vehicle?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
Can you guys hook up some IVs in rattler's vehicle?

We are taking my rig, and it is already so 'customized' ...

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm guessing that will be the only vehicle at the hunt that beeps in reverse.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Unless Swampman700 comes with his gold cart

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
i have a green light. an it works very good. coming back to the house last year. it was about dark. had 5or 6 deer about 100yds. could see them. but not in the scope. had the light on a 6.5 grendel came home with a fat doe. ken

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
i have a green light. an it works very good. coming back to the house last year. it was about dark. had 5or 6 deer about 100yds. could see them. but not in the scope. had the light on a 6.5 grendel came home with a fat doe. ken

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think it's 3 hours from my place to Pat Powell's, and then another 14 or so to Wilderness. Maybe he'll drive faster than me, though grin

My record for travel was back when I was a National Sales Manager. We had a deal come up where somebody from Management needed to be in Ningbo, China, with about four days' notice. So I get on a plane from North Carolina, fly to LAX, catch a ride to Shanghai, rest a day, catch a flight to Ningbo, have meetings two days, and fly back to LAX. I rest overnight, then catch a flight to Portland, OR, for a meeting that was already planned. Then I catch a redeye back through Dallas, and land in North Carolina early the next day. About 20k air miles in a week.

Funny part was, I was already planning to quit the job.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Unless Swampman700 comes with his gold cart

well, that would ruin our record of no wounded & lost animals...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockchucker
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
PA,
If your comin this year, bring more coolers. wink

and a truck that runs properly

Got it taken care of smarty pants.... blush

I thought all chevys were supposed to sound like they were dragging the dishwasher underneath it while gremlins are trying to knock the floor boards out with cinder blocks... whistle

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
rattler / mark you all coming through missouri?

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am pretty sure we go through St. Louis. You want to chance a ride to TN in the Opiate Express? You can drive, and then Rattler and me can turn the flow meter on our respective Morphine drip IV's on to FULL BLAST, then crank up the STRYPER and BLOODGOOD Christain heavy metal CD's to the "Make my ears bleed" setting in my Bose sound system and have a fantastic remainder of the trip!

To those who are about to Rock, we salute you! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if we take the route thats on Mapquest we will go from Kansas City to St Louis....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW if someone is curious about our route for whatever reason at the moment just type in Walla Walla to Nashville in mapquest and the first route it shows is the current plan......leave Walla Walla Sunday and hit Nashville sometime Wednesday.....havent worked out where we are stopping to crash yet, have a call into my SIL to get a question answered before i figure that out....

Last edited by rattler; 01/18/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by PAMac
Originally Posted by rockchucker
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
PA,
If your comin this year, bring more coolers. wink

and a truck that runs properly

Got it taken care of smarty pants.... blush

I thought all chevys were supposed to sound like they were dragging the dishwasher underneath it while gremlins are trying to knock the floor boards out with cinder blocks... whistle

Are you sure that you don't want me to come over to pick you up? Lots of room in the crew cab.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
18 (give or take) from my house to the Lodge. I'll give you an exact time this year when I don't around the mountain and through those logging roads to get there!

4 from my house to Jim's door and 14 from there down. I wouldn't miss the drive for anything!

George

grinUnadilla or Bust!!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Jim...you and George are welcome to crash at my place for the night or just chill for a few hours(food,drink,nap,shower) if you boys want to break it up a bit.

Let me know and I'll hide a key for you.

Jim....you need to turn the gents on to that Absinthe poison you drink!

William Arthur Ward

Page 34 of 169 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,874
Posts18,497,605
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.