Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I think the recent anti-gun discussions and proposed legislation has fired up more Americans than the Tea Party ever hoped to. Second Amendment supporters transcend political parties in all states whether red, blue or purple.

I'm reminded of what Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto supposedly said after the successful strike on Pearl Harbor, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The sleeping giant has once again been awakened after many years of hibernation. NRA membership is growing at the fastest rate in it's history, and pro-gun events are at an all-time high across the nation.

This may be the principal issue that galvanizes people to show up at the election booth in 2014 and 2016.

When you realize that approximately one third of eligible voters stayed home during the last two presidential elections, and only four to five million of the eighty million gun owners in America belong to the NRA, there are enough voters out there to take America back if they will just show up and join up.

I'm hoping recent events will awaken the "sleeping giant" in all of the silent-majority non-voters. If not, they deserve what they are going to get.

The best campaign speech any conservative politician can give right now should begin with the restoration of America. Help the truly needy, but change the system not to reward people with more for working less.

We learned in 2008 and 2012 that you can't beat Santa Claus in a presidential election when the majority of the voters turn up at the polls voting for free stuff. Maybe the unintended consequences of the anti-gun activities will help us restore the America we once knew.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope you are right.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People had better realize voter fraud is wide spread and getting worse all the time.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How do folks always know that the voters who stayed home would've voted the "right" way.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And why should it be the governments job to help even the "truly needy"? Are we that immoral of a nation that they'd starve otherwise?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've stated for quite a while that one of the biggest problems in this country is that the threat of starvation just isn't there.
Liberals really hate it, and they call me cruel, elitist and other names I don't remember because I'm not really listening to them.

Another is; Voluntary charity is a wonderful thing, involuntary charity though taxation is a crime.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Even Bill Clinton says don't belittle the "Sleeping Giant."

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I honestly believed that the sleeping giant would've been more than awake, Back in November! People really did have a chance to take care of business for once and for all. And for whatever reason, that didn't happen.

I also believe that with the crazy amount of gun owners that we do have throughout the country. With something as serious as we are facing, is there really any reason for the lack of membership at the NRA? Don't get me wrong, I understand how skeptical people are about giving money to anybody these days. But to my knowledge, I do not believe that the NRA has ever been caught going on a junket with their members money. Let's truly try and have a tsunami of money going their way Guys. Really, they are all we have. As it is become apparent that the polititians pay little or no attention to grassroots America(the little guy) without leverage. Remember Obama care??

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A few facts about the NRA staff. I am a frequent visitor at NRA Hdq. in Fairfax since I'm an instructor & coordinator for the Wounded Warriors. The staff is never standing around the water cooler BSing like the government employees in DC. Most travel extensively & put in long hours & typical of a non-profit do not pay exorbitant salaries. If I'm planning a kids shoot the NRA steps up & loans me .22 rifles. If I'm teaching the Eddy Eagle kids safety program & needs stacks of training material its provided. I teach a very successful Turkey hunting seminar each spring at their auditorium. Not only is a turkey hunting book provided, but many turkey calls, hats, shirts, etc. are provided. If I am planning a Wounded Warrior event NRA always steps up to provide support. In addition to lobbying to protect our gun rights NRA provides many services for hunters & shooters. Many complain about NRA mailing excess notices to renew & rightfully so. Its a small inconvenience for an organization that does so much for us.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some people would bitch if they got hung with a new rope.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The giant will be back in bed snoring away before the end of the month.
Don't forget the average American's short attention span.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
People had better realize voter fraud is wide spread and getting worse all the time.
Yep. We need to insist on paper record ballots instead of computer data ballots.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yep. We need to insist on paper record ballots instead of computer data ballots.
+1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BarryC
I hope you are right.
I PRAY he's right..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by BarryC
I hope you are right.
I PRAY he's right..

+1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

The angry response I get when talking about potential voter fraud (on both sides of the isle) with the libs at work sets off an alarm for me- they KNOW they are wrong and benefiting from VF and are using the anger/vitriole defense mechanism.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
And why should it be the governments job to help even the "truly needy"? Are we that immoral of a nation that they'd starve otherwise?

Real freedom means the freedom to succeed or to fail miserably without a FedGov safety-net. We aren't free as long as Uncle Scam bails out the lazy and the illegals.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
I've stated for quite a while that one of the biggest problems in this country is that the threat of starvation just isn't there.
Liberals really hate it, and they call me cruel, elitist and other names I don't remember because I'm not really listening to them.

Another is; Voluntary charity is a wonderful thing, involuntary charity though taxation is a crime.

People who have to WORK for a living, I mean struggle to keep their family clothed, fed, and warm, do NOT become liberals. They are too busy to spend much time worrying about turning America into their version of Utopia.

Those who were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, and those who have subsisted for years on .Gov handouts are another matter.

Yes, this nation is suffering pains caused by its own affluence and decadence.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"This may be the principal issue that galvanizes people to show up at the election booth in 2014 and 2016."

Hell! Why wait? How about impeachment proceeding and recall elections? get the bums out now.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The America we all once knew will never return no matter who runs the Government. The sooner people understand that the calmer they will be.

The only cure for life and death is to enjoy the interval.
George Santayana
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 22kHornet, 219DW, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 17,693 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,897
Posts18,538,647
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.