Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N

Handled a MP9 Compact yesterday. Really liked it. Currently my 9mm is a Sigma I've had for a few years. Okay for trips to the range, but wanting to upgrade now. Picked up a J Frame for pocket carry and IWB, etc. So the MP would be for OWB but still concealed.

Any negatives I should know about regarding the MP9 Compact. Thanks as always for your insight guys.

Mike.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need to get some polishing compound on that trigger. Mine felt like it had sand in it.

I know one other with the same issue.

May consider the Apex trigger package for it as well.

It conceals well IWB FWIW.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH Hunter

Handled a MP9 Compact yesterday. Really liked it. Currently my 9mm is a Sigma I've had for a few years. Okay for trips to the range, but wanting to upgrade now. Picked up a J Frame for pocket carry and IWB, etc. So the MP would be for OWB but still concealed.

Any negatives I should know about regarding the MP9 Compact. Thanks as always for your insight guys.

Mike.
Mine is my regular carry gun, and I carry it IWB (not OWB) very comfortably and well concealed in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I see no reason whatsoever to handicap yourself by carrying it OWB.

Great gun. Pretty much ideal for daily IWB concealed carry. Make sure you don't get one with either a key lock or a thumb safety. In a self defense gun you want to KISS, i.e., Keep It Simple Stupid.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Buy it, don't look back (easy to spend other folks' money grin !)

If it wasn't for the ammo factor, I would have picked one up in 9mm. I wanted to simplify things for once and went the .357 Sig route in the M&Pc instead.

No wrong choice....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9

If it wasn't for the ammo factor, I would have picked one up in 9mm.

The talo package has an adapter for the full size mag.

12+1 standard and a 17 round backup. I'm OK with that factor laugh

Loading up a butt load of 124 gold dots. Wish I could find another 17 rounder....

Last edited by RWE; 01/20/13. Reason: wrong bullet
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
My apologies. What I meant by "ammo factor" was I have a metric schit ton of .357 Sig on hand as it's what I carry on duty (several of us bought cases of it when we switched over) and I can utilize my "duty load" as I qualify with it for off-duty and "not in uniform" carry.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew what you were talking about.

I was gloating over my 17 round mag in a compact. wink

A metric schit ton? You know what the international standard is for that?

Me. After venison chili...

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'll have to live with my mag envy now......

10+1 is still "better" than 5. I never felt under-gunned with my old Smith but do have more confidence given recent scenarios.

George

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE
I knew what you were talking about.

I was gloating over my 17 round mag in a compact. wink

A metric schit ton? You know what the international standard is for that?

Me. After venison chili...
I switch out my 12 round mag for a 17 round mag (and snap a tactical light onto the rail) every night when I lay it on my night stand at bed time.

[Linked Image]

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
where did you get your grip extension?

Given the location of the mag catch, I think standard 17's will lock in without it, but you lose the finger rest.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE
where did you get your grip extension?

Given the location of the mag catch, I think standard 17's will lock in without it, but you lose the finger rest.
Midway

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey George, that will work on your 357 sig....

N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N

Thanks everyone.

Hey George, I just noticed the chili thread - wish I'd seen that yesterday, I would have taken you up on the offer to test some smile I'm only about 15 minutes from Gunstock.

I'll head over and see if it is still there tomorrow an maybe it will come home with me.

Mike.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RWE

Yep....one may get the treatment!

Mike, I'm there next Sunday with the family. Not sure about the following weekend, though.

George

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The M&P Compact is a great gun. I have a 9C and it is flawless, great choice!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RWE
You need to get some polishing compound on that trigger. Mine felt like it had sand in it.

I know one other with the same issue.

May consider the Apex trigger package for it as well.

It conceals well IWB FWIW.

This^^^. All this ^^^. Mud up the moving parts creating the gritty feeling and do more repetitions on it that you can count. When you then feel the potential you may well decide on the Apex. Wife's C has the thumb safety. That along with the trigger safety and the Apex kit will from a function standpoint draw similarities to the 1911 fire system; two safeties to defeat followed by a decent trigger pull. Competiton trigger packages get down in the 2.5 lb range.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH Hunter

Mike.
No.

About the only thing you're gonna find hi caps for right now are Beretta 92's/M9's. That or some exotic that nobody else has.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by RWE

Yep....one may get the treatment!

Mike, I'm there next Sunday with the family. Not sure about the following weekend, though.

George
TRH told me about what he was doing awhile back. I got two clips with mine and then got two more free from Smith and Wesson with a coupon they gave you at the time. It took a long time to get them, but they finally ponied up. That's been several years ago though. I tried to get a couple of the full size clips immediately after TRH said that, but they were already out of the pipeline. There were still 40's left though. That was right after Sandy Hook.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a M&P 9C with the Crimson Trace side grip laser, came that way from S&W in a package.
Really like this gun.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by BlackFrog; 01/21/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know the Sigma has become one hell of a good pistol, don�t sell it short.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (69sportfury, 17CalFan, Akhutr, 450yukon, 375sunrise, 907brass, 15 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,526
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.