-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They need to make no effort to negotiate with the show just go out on their own and make up a new show.

NRA Lifetime Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is the same promoter that runs SHOT. Reed expositions.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I believe they are the same oufit that runs shotshow

Reed Exhibitions manages the SHOT show, but it's owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yep, Reed expo promotes the Shotshow. Time for the NRA and the National Shooting Sports Foundation to openly disavow them. But Guess what, this from the National Shooting Sports Foundation:

Statement on Reed Exhibitions� Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show
January 18, 2013 By nssfnews Comments Off

inShare
Email

The National Shooting Sports Foundation strongly disagrees with the decision of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show�s management to disallow the display and sale of Modern Sporting Rifles at its 2013 exhibition. In our discussions with Reed Exhibitions, we have made this very clear.
National Rifle Association Statement

While assuring us that all legally available firearms will be welcome at future Eastern Sports and Outdoor Shows, it was explained that this unfortunate decision was made in response to the planned actions of a single retailer that would have drawn significant unwelcomed media coverage at a time when firearms ownership is being assailed in the media. It is important to note that this year�s show will continue to feature a wide variety of firearms.

However, it would be unfair to penalize the 1,200 exhibitors or the some 200,000 sportsmen and women who will attend the show by discouraging participation at a time when the hunting and shooting sports community needs to be united in the face of political challenges.

We urge industry exhibitors and attendees to participate in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show as planned and encourage attendees to visit the Reed Exhibitions booth at the show to share their concerns and to then enjoy the show.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.

The NRA's responce:

NRA Statement in Response to Reed Exhibitions' Decision to Ban Modern Sporting Rifles from the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show

Posted on January 17, 2013
Print
Share on print
Email
Share on email
More Sharing Services Share on facebook Share on twitter
The National Rifle Association strongly disagrees with Reed Exhibitions' decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles from the Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg, PA, February 2-10. We encourage Reed Exhibitions to reconsider their position.

While this decision has come as a surprise and concern, we have made a commitment to our members in Pennsylvania and surrounding states and are eagerly looking forward to the opportunity to interact with as many as 250,000 fellow hunters and sportsmen. We encourage all attendees to stand and fight for the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens and not cower from our principles in the face of media pressure. We urge you to follow the NRA and the outdoor industry's lead by voicing your displeasure with Reed Exhibitions both before and during the show and encourage them to reconsider their position.

The NRA's future participation in the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show will be determined by Reed Exhibitions actions in response to the concerns raised by the NRA, the outdoor industry, and America's law-abiding gun owners.

Contact Reed Exhibitions directly at inquiryreedexpo.com
Reed Exhibitions
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk CT 06851
Tel: 203 840 4800
Fax: 203 840 5805
Email: inquiryreedexpo.com

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think we should comprise a list of all the vendors that pulled out from the show and be sure to patronize them and let them know we approve of their actions. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So I am to assume from all that PC double speak that the NRA is still going to have a presence at that show?

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by MacLorry

Reed Exhibitions manages the SHOT show, but it's owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

Wow. If so, that is absolutely titanic.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Steve

I guess the NSSF needs to find a new contractor. I figure the NSSF need to require Reed Expositions to crawl and grovel begging for forgiveness from the shooting public like Jim Zumbo x 1000.

Now is the times we see our friends, our enemies and those who will cower in the corner. The ones that cower I hate the most.

Last edited by Armednfree; 01/20/13.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Good for them.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I just read this and was unaware of Reed and their decision.
I applaud the vendors who have cancelled their attendance.
This is a big show and Reed is going to learn the hard way.

JD338

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
So I am to assume from all that PC double speak that the NRA is still going to have a presence at that show?

10-4

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I just made a comment on NRA facebook hopeing they will not support the Eastern Sporting Show.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Statement on Reed Exhibitions� Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show
January 18, 2013 By nssfnews Comments Off

inShare
Email

The National Shooting Sports Foundation strongly disagrees with the decision of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show�s management to disallow the display and sale of Modern Sporting Rifles at its 2013 exhibition. In our discussions with Reed Exhibitions, we have made this very clear.
National Rifle Association Statement

While assuring us that all legally available firearms will be welcome at future Eastern Sports and Outdoor Shows, it was explained that this unfortunate decision was made in response to the planned actions of a single retailer that would have drawn significant unwelcomed media coverage at a time when firearms ownership is being assailed in the media. It is important to note that this year�s show will continue to feature a wide variety of firearms.

So who was the vender & what were they supposedly going to do that made Reed schit their panties ?????????????

Mike

Last edited by 6mm250; 01/20/13.

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Dick's Sporting Goods????

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Then you tell that one retailer to get the phug out...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Originally Posted by dogzapper

Steve

I guess the NSSF needs to find a new contractor. I figure the NSSF need to require Reed Expositions to crawl and grovel begging for forgiveness from the shooting public like Jim Zumbo x 1000.

Now is the times we see our friends, our enemies and those who will cower in the corner. The ones that cower I hate the most.

It is a sad state of current affairs...

Jim Zumbo stepped on his own and was rightly blasted for it at Outdoor Life.

Immediately thereafter and for a while longer Bill McRae came to Zumbo's defense and supported all aspects of his blog. Many captured it and have made it available on YouTube. Another Outdoor Life writer also supported JZ.

While Good Ol' Boy JZ was dragged through a wringer (had to put up with Ted, even) McRae was given a pass...

It is easy to see JZ is low-hanging fruit and likely Outdoor Life would not miss him... but are we so dense that we will eat our own in one case and allow some idiot a total pass in EXACTLY the same case?

Where is the Outdoor Life boycott?
Where is the Bill McRae boycott?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thomas McIntyre

Of course the name came to me the instant I hit the send button...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And this is the post made by McRae in support of JZ:

I agree wholeheartedly with Jim on this and I don't give a damn who does or does not like it. Furthermore, I applaud Jim for having
had the courage to say what he said.
Bill McRae

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the article:

Contact Reed Exhibitions directly at inquiryreedexpo.com

Reed Exhibitions
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk CT 06851
Tel: 203 840 4800
Fax: 203 840 5805
Email: inquiryreedexpo.com

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
At shot I know the guys at cutting edge bullets were pulling out and were pissed about the whole situation

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,670
Posts18,493,740
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.