Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am now a member of the NRA once again because, as someone pointed out, the NRA is the organization that is recognized by everyone and right now, the larger their membership, the more clout they are going to have. And that is what is important at this point.

However, if those [bleep] start endlessly calling me, sending me emails and letters requesting more and more money like they did the last time and they won't quit even when I request it, I am going to blow a gasket.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
It's all for the good,the NRA is fighting a monster the US Government,and welcome to the NRA..

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Don't know why they wouldn't stop...they did when I asked them to do so years ago. The amount of stuff I get them from them now is not enough to get upset about,,,and no phone calls. Try telling them again...I told them to either stop or they would never get another dime from me...they stopped.

Oh...THANKS FOR REJOINING!

Last edited by fgold767; 01/21/13.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
However, if those [bleep] start endlessly calling me, sending me emails and letters requesting more and more money like they did the last time and they won't quit even when I request it, I am going to blow a gasket.

I hear those stories, and am sure they happen, but I haven't been called in many years. I honestly can't remember the last time they called.

I don't think I've EVER received an email, and only occassionally get something in the mail. Mail is very easy to ignore, so it doesn't bother me.

I upgraded my life membership to Endowment, get my magazine every month, donate occassionally, and we live a very peaceful co-existence. cool

Overall, it's a very small price to pay for the most effective, and highest profile, pro-gun group out there. I know guys don't like them, and want to support others (hey, that's great, I do too), but what name is ALWAYS mentioned by the media and by politicians? Yep, NRA. That says something about who they are paying attention to and who they know is going to be in the fight.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I rejoined a month ago and gave them a dead email address,in case they sent gobs of solicitation. They must be busy, I havent gotten any confirmation of my re-upping....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
I am now a member of the NRA once again because, as someone pointed out, the NRA is the organization that is recognized by everyone and right now, the larger their membership, the more clout they are going to have. And that is what is important at this point.

Just curious, but do you really expect just your single , one-time membership to fund all the legitimately legal battles that have occurred, are occurring and WILL occur over the rest of our lifetimes - just to ensure we do NOT fall into total tyranny - i.e. a "one-and-done", 'don't call me, I'll call you' type of member???

Lemme know when you fall off THAT bandwagon..

I've been a life member for nearly 30 years. I contribute once a year - and I frequent vendors (like Brownell's) that will allow a 'round-up' payment.. Those little things have, over the years now, sent BIG bux to the NRA.. A few cents here/there hurts nobody - but they can add up big time and fuel our cause..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
When one looks at the machine of Bloomberg, Soros and the like a realization of just how difficult a battle it is to simply stay in the ring financially becomes clearer.

Small price to pay, getting an occasional letter or E-Mail. Most often they are quite informative as to what is really going on in the fight, not skewed by the mainstream media.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good on you! The NRA doesn't send stuff like they used to, I think they learned it just pissed people off.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Redneck
I contribute once a year - and I frequent vendors (like Brownell's) that will allow a 'round-up' payment.. Those little things have, over the years now, sent BIG bux to the NRA.. A few cents here/there hurts nobody - but they can add up big time and fuel our cause..

Very good point. No telling how much more they've gotten from me through Brownells, Midway, etc.

37 cents here, 89 cents there, a buck and a half the next time... Folded in to another order, you never even notice it, but if everybody did it, times the thousands of order they get every day, it's literally millions of dollars. All to a good cause, and painlessly.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
Just curious, but do you really expect just your single , one-time membership to fund all the legitimately legal battles that have occurred, are occurring and WILL occur over the rest of our lifetimes - just to ensure we do NOT fall into total tyranny - i.e. a "one-and-done", 'don't call me, I'll call you' type of member???

Lemme know when you fall off THAT bandwagon..

I've been a life member for nearly 30 years. I contribute once a year - and I frequent vendors (like Brownell's) that will allow a 'round-up' payment.. Those little things have, over the years now, sent BIG bux to the NRA.. A few cents here/there hurts nobody - but they can add up big time and fuel our cause..

The same could be asked of all those who proudly proclaim they've been a life member since 19xx. I'm sure there are plenty of cases where members renewing on an annual basis end up giving more than those with lifetime memberships. Maybe most are of the same mindset as you though. The $300 lifetime membership being offered now doesn't cover too many annual membership fees. I'm sure they've done the actuarial analysis and are banking on getting the membership numbers up now knowing that X% of life members continue to give donations and make the current offer pay off.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I quit when the NRA contributed $5000.00 to the Harry Reid re-election fund. I then joined the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners Ass.

I was mightly disgusted with the NRA for giving any support to that shi@@bird, Harry Reid. That being said, I just sent the NRA a $100.00 check, but still refuse to rejoin

Respects,

Richard

Cat, the other white meat!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The NRA backed Reid one he was the better choice and two he had backed/helped the NRA in building a new shooting range, a good sized one at that. Yeah, surprised me!

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I don't like Reid a bit, but the fact is, had he lost, Chuck Schumer would be Senate Majority leader. Think about that for a while.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Harry Reid is a despicable little worm, but he understands the power of the NRA and he's from a state that has a very high percentage of shooters, hunters and gun owners. I also think that he gets the fact that Obama has awakened a sleeping giant group of pissed off gun owners with all of his BS about gun control and he will do what he can to keep the Democrats in power, which means he will control the legislation so that his people won't have to vote for any gun bans. Voting for a gun ban will be just as toxic to the Democrats now as it was in 1994.

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
I rejoined a month ago and gave them a dead email address,in case they sent gobs of solicitation. They must be busy, I havent gotten any confirmation of my re-upping....

I'm in a pickle with them and I hope they make good. Rather than upgrade from Endowment-Patron, I figured I sign my wife up as a new member. I did and gave them my credit caard info. I waited a week and saw no charge on my card. I called the NRA again and the representative said there was no record of my wife. She said it was real hectic and something most likely went wrong with the system. We went through the whole process a second time. This time they gave me a member number for my wife which they neglected to do the first time. Now today, I got my monthly bill and there's TWO $300 charges. Nothing they can do today because of MLK Day. I'll call again tomorrow, but meanwhile I put the charge in dispute till I get it resolved. crazy crazy crazy

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't agree with everything the NRA does, but they are by far our best weapon. Life member here.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since all my family members are already life members I updated my status at the SHOT show as a way of donating to a cause.
Plus I get another cute little lapel pin laugh

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The liberal left does not lke the NRA becuase they challenge their superior intelect. The unwashed masses shold not be entitled to things that they can use to defend their home and protecxt their family. That's the governments job. The liberal left don't like us much do they? kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They will so just consider it a one time donation.... again.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,368
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.