Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Does any use one and do you like it or not. Pistol shooting is new to me

There are fools and damn fools, which one are you?
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes I have them on several guns and yes I like them. That said they are man made and can/will fail.

Its my opinion that too many people rely on them solely and to my thinking that is foolish at best. I make sure I fire just as many rounds with the batteries out and sights alone.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have one CTC Laser grip on a S&W J-Frame revolver and another one on a Sig P229. I like them and have never experienced functional failures of any kind. They do add a very useful capability to the defensive handgun, and work quite well indoors or in reduced light but not so well in bright sunlight.

However, as stated above, they are not a substitute for training and practice in proper sight alignment and trigger control. The downside for some people is that they either spend too much time searching for the laser beam or else they waste too much time trying to deliberately place the beam surgically on the target. The result is that they tend to shoot much slower than they should in a combat situation.

If you have a laser grip but regularly practice getting a quick "flash" sight picture and controlling the trigger in rapid fire, you will have the best of both worlds, because in the proper lighting conditions the laser dot will appear magically on your target and make hitting easier, and in bright light you will have your front sight effectively on target even if the laser beam cannot be seen (or your batteries are dead...).

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 01/22/13.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
They are great on small pocket size pistols.
My wife's S&W M&P 9C came with one and it made a believer out of us!

They just make sense. The real problem with the tiny guns?
The tiny sight radius.
She can hold her's rock steady and X ring any target out to 30-40 feet! Offhand!

I only wish they would make one for my DB9!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have two LCR's, .38 & .22lr, both with Crimson trace (the picture was taken before I added the CT to the .22)

My home defense gun is a Beretta .45 with a Viridan green laser/light. The green laser can be seen in full daylight. I think as a defense weapon a laser gives you the advantage of not having to be directly behind the weapon to aim it. Also a laser dot on the chest of a bad guy has a chance of taking the aggression out of him.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one on an Airweight J-Frame. It has been very useful in helping me with my trigger work. It helped me to greatly improve my point shooting back when I was shooting that revolver a lot. Need to dust if off and get back into practice.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RWL99
...a laser dot on the chest of a bad guy has a chance of taking the aggression out of him.
Yes, just as soon as you pull the trigger.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yes, just as soon as you pull the trigger.

With ammunition getting scarce'r all the time why waste a good bullet if you don't have to?... laugh

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have one on my Ruger LCP. I just got it and haven't shot with it yet. I like it for my needs vision wise but like posted don't rely on it only. Always get used to your sights as a primary.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
They are really nice, Crimson Trace is best one. Like the others said, practice with sights too.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have one on my Sig 226 and on my Ruger LCP. I think they help in my shooting and hand control. I use them for practice, holding steady on a target and quick target responce. Good product for me.
[Linked Image]

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have them on a sig 220 with the adjustable combat night sights. I cannot think of a better combination.

They are quite spendy, but worth every penny In my opinion.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I shot a M&P9 with CT grips a couple of weeks ago. Very nice, much better than I thought they would be. I am looking to now put one on my Taurus M85 Ultra Lite.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I see CT is now coming out with GREEN laser products.
Can't wait to see how they perform.... Much prefer the green to the red.
Veridian had quite a market share for the green products, so we'll see how the CT green's match up.

Last edited by BlackFrog; 01/23/13.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I see CT is now coming out with GREEN laser products.
Can't wait to see how they perform.... Much prefer the green to the red.
Veridian had quite a market share for the green products, so we'll see how the CT green's match up.

I've got Crimson Trace on two of my hand guns and the Viridian green on another one. I really like the green because it shows up really well in bright light

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

I have it on my S&W 686...If I could afford it...I'd have them on nearly all my pistols...

The land of the free because of the brave.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Love those CT Hog Hunters!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

377 members (17CalFan, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 2,062 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,748
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.