John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Sounds like a very intelligent man. You are lucky to have him on your side. ED K

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
HAH... Anyone who trusts Reid is a naive fool..

I still recall my Congressman tellin' me Pelosi won't bring up Obamacare.. I knew he was lyin' - he's a politician..

And I was right!!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John Barrasso is a good man and Senator.

Candy Crowly is an ignorant bitch....pushing her party's cause.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Maybe not this second, but the congress is a long one and it only takes some little political change and the bill will be on the floor.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
She was definitely an Obama leg humper by the tone and direction of her questions. She obviously also doesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine. Typical.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
She obviously also doesn't know the difference between a clip and a magazine. Typical.

She obviously doesn't know the difference between a Pepsi and a diet Pepsi either. crazy

She's an Obama ball washer, always has been always will be.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
HAH... Anyone who trusts Reid is a naive fool..

I still recall my Congressman tellin' me Pelosi won't bring up Obamacare.. I knew he was lyin' - he's a politician..

And I was right!!!

Reid has been very friendly on 2nd amendment issue. If Reid supports a gun control issue he will loose re-election, he had a difficult time winning his last election. Reid represents and very pro gun demographic

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow who needs equal time with "interviewers" like THAT!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I like what he said, but we'll see.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I expect Reid to be found dead of a couple self inflicted gun shot wounds to the head.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reid has been slowing down the rush to "gun reform" in the Senate. He has always voted pro-2A and knows we'll retaliate next election, when he doesn't have Obama coat tails to rely on. He squeaked by one election by about 60 votes a while back, and he has a good memory.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys really so sure I wouldn't bet my ass on it.

NRA Lifetime Member
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
You guys really so sure I wouldn't bet my ass on it.

Agreed. If Reid decides he has actively sucked the public teat long enough and is ready to go passive, it's a done deal. The only thing that keeps him "pro" is his power hunger.

One thing I like about the NRA is that tho they are single-issue, they are pretty honest in their ratings. It is up to us to balance things out.

Some decry "litmus test", but I have one myself, not just limited to the 2nd Amendment:

If a candidate has not read the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights, does not understand it, cannot support it in it's entirety as written and meant(whether the 1st, 2nd, or 10th Amendments, etc), then I cannot give him my vote.

Colin Powell, whom I admire greatly, will never get my vote for dog-catcher as long as he believes firearms should be restricted to the military and police. A prime example of RINO in a couple other respects, also. A great man, but not one I want making laws.

This

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Reid will tow-the-line as soon as he gets called in on the carpet by the Obamamaniac. The Dems are already letting the Caucus know they will probably be in peril if they continue the gun-control platform. They don't care how much blood is spilled to achieve the goal of an outright ban on firearms. It's the holy grail and they think it's within reach.

Clint Eastwood: "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you think that politics isn't local. It is, and Reid will stay in the Senate as long as he gets re-elected. He is too used to his power.

I despise him for many more reasons than the membership here; he screwed the northern part of the State out of their water to funnel it to Las Vegas. I've been fighting him in the water wars for many years. I know the guy and his motivations. Biggest of all is retaining his seat. Anti-2A will insure he looses it.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
for all our sakes, i hope you are right luv2safari! normally, i would tend to lean towards your line of thought, but i think this time, obama will force them all to go his way. i think he believes the agenda is paramount over retaining power. hell, look at obamacare. people said if you voted for it, you'd be done. they didn't care what it cost them. probably one of the reason it cost them the House in 2010. now, as far as the Senate, maybe reid has a little more leverage. time will tell where he's at on the issue.

Clint Eastwood: "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it."
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
You know how Stalin was ok with sacrificing a few million lives short-term to get what he wanted long-term?? I don't think Obama minds a few senators or congressmen sacrificing their careers short-term to get what he wants long-term.

Give the guy credit, he's more than willing to do what it takes to get what he wants. At least he cares enough about his beliefs to fight for them. That's more than I can say for the GOP, who roll over the minute the media says they're not "playing nice".

Most folks don't remember that FDR seized private gold holdings and got swatted down trying to pack the Supreme Court. They DO remember all his "feel good" social programs and the fact that he got Social Security passed. Obama wants to be remembered for socialized healthcare, gay rights, and finally disarming all those "stupid rednecks" who consider this country theirs just because their ancestors spent the last 250 years fighting/dying for it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Understand this is not Reid making a statement but Wyoming Senator John Barrasso�s assessment of Reid�s position.

We in Wyoming have long enjoyed a very robust representation. The entire state is really not even a big city in total population but yet we enjoy very significant National representation.

I have personally seen a sitting Wyoming Governor hold his $500 Stetson hat out at hands length and had a buddy (Bob Edgar) literally shoot the hat pin through the hat with a full power 45 long Colt. (255gr at 1000fps). cool

I have personally shot sporting clays with Senator Simpson of the Simpson/ Boles committee on deficit reduction. He has some pretty funny jokes about large mosquitoes
[bleep] turkeys flatfooted. Not really important unless you live in certain parts of Wyoming. shocked

The point being is you get the politicians you deserve.

Me?? I trust John Barrasso to give me a no shcit real world assessment of the situation. grin

Reid?? Not so much but I do expect him to try and keep his job. shocked

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Senator Barrasso is ACTIVELY on our side. One of the good guys.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 19 invisible), 1,621 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,290
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.