-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone else needs to take their place. Before they just change their name.

NRA Lifetime Member

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
Originally Posted by pa_gus
There is a list of people who so far have refused to pull out. But, I won't post it as it is still early, and they may change their minds. The two remaining major sponsors are The Outdoor Channel, and Progressive insurance ( Cabelas was the third but pulled sponsorship very early on). Dicks is also not pulling out ( i don't mind throwing them under the bus).

Am I the only one who upon reading this, reverts back to when I was 15?

I chuckled a LOT when I read this.

Yep, a bit of a giggle as well. I can't stand Dicks' (giggle some more). As my dad would say,"their idea of a sporting goods store is volley ball nets and nut cups, no sense wasting my time here."

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alan Probst has announced he will NOT be dropping out of the show.

"....If you disagree with my stance or if you want to barrage me, boycott me or claim that I am against the 2nd Amendment, that is your right but I will sleep well with my decision as I will be doing what is necessary to continue the education of our youth at this show and beyond."

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just read through some of the exhibitors listed.Ted Nugent is an exhibitor, surprised he hasn't started wailing on them yet. Sure hope this withers up into a huge empty barn full of jerky booths.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He has.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dubePA
I'll be there as always, but creating even more chaos and turmoil than is usually the case. Now I have a legitimate reason for being the collossal PITA I am capable of being.

whistle

Reed has long been a major source of irritation for vendors and show goers alike. It's just that many vendors put up with their chit all these years, because they had to in order to get a spot. All bets are off for this one.

BTW, don't be surprised when several more "big hitters" that have already bailed, like Cabela's and celebrities like Shockey, are joined via announcements of more desertions over the next day or two. Desertions are running far above what has been reported in the media thus far.

Reed has already shown their stupidity in bannning weapons and other heavy handed moves over the years, now they'll look even more incompetent this year when this ESOS "dust" settles.

This show has always suffered from the boobs that Reed put in charge of it, although Ed Several was a huge improvement over his predecessor and Chris O'Hara is a slight improvement over Ed. But the show improved and grew despite them, not because of them.

For what it's worth, there is no chance either Chris O'hara or Ed Several made this decision. They have been promoting the presence of "tactical" weapons as an attraction to the show. This decision was made either at the national headquarters of Reed Expositions in Norwalk, Connecticut, or at their world headquarters in England.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a list of people who so far have refused to pull out. But, I won't post it as it is still early, and they may change their minds. The two remaining major sponsors are The Outdoor Channel, and Progressive insurance ( Cabelas was the third but pulled sponsorship very early on). Dicks is also not pulling out ( i don't mind throwing them under the bus).

Lol. No, I'm guilty also. grin

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Is Zumbo going to attend? whistle

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE

Lol. No, I'm guilty also. grin

Glad that others are laughing too!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RUGER � Withdraws from The ESOS

Ruger has decided not to attend the upcoming Eastern Sports Show. We are very frustrated by Reed Exhibitions� foolish decision to ban the display of modern sporting rifles.

We feel that, as one of America�s firearms manufacturers, we must withdraw from the show as a commitment to the 2nd Amendment rights of our customers.

Nonetheless, we are very disappointed not to be attending the Eastern Sports Show. We were looking forward to attending the show for the first time this year and meeting and supporting the 200,000+ sportsmen and women that attend this great celebration of the outdoors.

We hope the show will be successful for the many outfitters and other vendors who depend on the show for their annual business.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For what it's worth, there is no chance either Chris O'hara or Ed Several made this decision.

Didn't mean to imply that they did. We know this BS decision came from above them both. The show had actually been heading in the right direction in the opinion of many, prior to this boondoggle. So I didn't intend to demean either of them. Well not too much, anyway? ;O)

I can't recall the name of the little loud-mouthed twerp that preceeded Ed, but that guy got on everyone's nerves when he ran the show.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RUGER � Withdraws from The ESOS

ba da bing grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I am pulling all my exhibits.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We always go and it is a day the kids look forward to. They were upset but totally in agreement when I said why we weren't going. Guess we will go to cabela's instead and hit some gun shops between here and there.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As far as I can determine, there are three "major" sponsors remaining: Outdoor channel, Progressive Ins. and Comcast?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Not going this year. Told my 10 year old son about the black rifle ban and he said, cool I don't want to go either if that's how they feel about my AR15.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dubePA
As far as I can determine, there are three "major" sponsors remaining: Outdoor channel, Progressive Ins. and Comcast?

Progressive? LOL! I can't believe they'd get within 10 miles of a sports show. Their Chairman and former CEO, Peter Lewis, is one of the biggest commies around! He gave matching donations to MoveOn.org with Soros.

But you know there is no way in Hell they are going to dump the show, the black gun prohibition was probably Lewis' idea in the first place!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That list of vendors not going is getting pretty large. If the attendence boycott is as large it will be a big financial hit.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If a sticky of all venders that are attending so they can be boycotted would go along way showing our stand.

Hit them in the wallet where it will hurt the most.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I feel bad for the vendors especially the mom and pop retailers who really cant afford to boycott with the $ that they have put up there are a lot of people who rely on this for a living so not just the show people are getting hurt here

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1800topsoil, 160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 65 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,687
Posts18,494,053
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.