Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
99guy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't want to be the jinx:

But...seems to be a little more action in the 99/1899 market lately. Some nice guns hitting the market and bringing decent prices. Been so much junk out there the past few years. Glad to see some of this nicer stuff having the dust blown off it, seeing the light of day and changing hands again. grin

Anybody else have any thoughts or comments on the subject?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think this is known as the "Boltman Effect." grin

Rod

Hunting FOR Savages, Hunting WITH Savages
99guy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Phil99

Rod

Well, I think we certainly have to at least thank Steve for getting the ball rolling. cool

grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have seem some nice pieces surfacing lately..Some coming out the closet to pay for the AR rage, maybe ? Very slim pickings overall as of late. I would usually pick up 2-3 guns a week and now I'm down to one maybe. Forget about the shows for the most part just black guns and the usual same junk. I'm was getting a little tired of beating the black gun crowd to get to the tables.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Action is always more interesting.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
phil99 that or winter gass bills. LOL. som nice 99S out ther. i agree been nice looken lately.

SAVAGE TTT
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Phil99

Rod

That's funny. Just so the effect doesn't extend to others being after what I'm after. But feel free to buy all the black rifles you want - you won't be in competition with me wink

99guy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lauren
Action is always more interesting.

Lauren...always a man of few words.

But well stated wink

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know WHAT'S going on. All kinds of speculating. One thing for sure. There's not going to be an Armageddon anytime soon. For every seller there's a buyer. Some collections are shrinking while some are growing. My guns aren't going anywhere.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My collection will shrink as far as total number of pieces but there are other ways to measure a collection beyond just numbers. I am also glad to pass on pieces to other collectors who will enjoy them. Particularly as we have seen a large percentage of crap in circulation it is nice that a few pieces are available.

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Whatever is in the water, I hope Yar, Bolt, Drew, Steve, Kenster, & Fatjack share it with LBK! hehe

We all need to crawl before we walk, so that we can appreciate the Mossbergs of life.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe the holiday hangover disapating and hope for early tax refunds filling checking accounts.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A woman I know spoke some wise words to her husband. She said "buy quality, not quantity". And NO it wasn't MY wife. In the last 2 years I have bought some FANTASTIC rifles.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
She must have been tired of getting those .25 carat diamonds from him. But a true statement nontheless. My wife before Christmas noticed a billboard sign on the interstate advertising "Buy her a diamond, get a FREE shotgun" at a local jewelry. I told her I didnt need anymore shotguns.

We all need to crawl before we walk, so that we can appreciate the Mossbergs of life.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
LONGBEARDKING. well said time to call DOUG. wish i new ab that 30/30 t u got. an ya im an NRA member. my best to u.

SAVAGE TTT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
My guns aren't going anywhere.

Ditto. Looked in the safe the other day, only 2 slots empty. Not for long, then it's safe shopping time. Some fine 99s hitting the airwaves for sure, still waiting on Boltman to turn loose that 300 BB.

Last edited by billy336; 01/23/13.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mudslicks
She must have been tired of getting those .25 carat diamonds from him. But a true statement nontheless. My wife before Christmas noticed a billboard sign on the interstate advertising "Buy her a diamond, get a FREE shotgun" at a local jewelry. I told her I didnt need anymore shotguns.

laugh

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought 4 rifles since the 1st of Dec. and my mad money fund is exhausted, then all these great rifles hit the market cry I blame Boltman grin

Lee

Last edited by Polecat; 01/23/13.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I do what I can to make things interesting around here wink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey, the government can spent money they don't have. All I have to do is get the wife to raise the debt ceiling, spend the money and wait for the Chinese to pick up my debt laugh

Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,243
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.