-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) introduced legislation Tuesday that would make it illegal to manufacture or sell a magazine that contains more than 10 rounds.

Limits on high-capacity magazines have been frequently discussed in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shooting, and limits on magazines was one of the proposals that President Barack Obama made last week.

The limit on magazines would renew an element of the assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004. Since then, it has become legal to produce and sell high-capacity magazines. Support for renewing the assault weapons ban has received tepid response, even in the Democratic-controlled Senate.

Lautenberg�s bill has sixteen cosponsors in the Senate, all Democrats. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) has filed a companion bill in the House.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2013/01/lautenberg-introduces-ammo-bill-154907.html

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Pi$$ on that idiot!!!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) introduced legislation Tuesday that would make it illegal to manufacture or sell a magazine that contains more than 10 rounds.
I've bought a lot of mags in my life, but not a one ever came with any rounds in them at all.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lautenberg is a lout!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
These politicians are so ignorant of nomenclature and terminology one can only laugh watching and listening to them speak.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I've bought a lot of mags in my life, but not a one ever came with any rounds in them at all.
No kidding. I've even subscribed to a magazine called Guns and Ammo. You'd think that sooner or later a gun and some ammo would be included but nooooooo. Never happened.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
These politicians are so ignorant of nomenclature and terminology one can only laugh watching and listening to them speak.
The problem is that the fatassed sumbeaches get paid by us, those that they are buttfukking and also by their real bosses, the big boys. They wallow in their ignorance and stupidity while laughing at our valiant and at the same time ineffectual attempts to do anything. At the same time, they are never defeated, just sometimes stopped. They never, ever quit. Same shixt, different day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And what positive good does he hope to accomplish with that? It has been done, and it has failed.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
it doesn't do any good? but that's not the point. these anti's are after one thing, full confiscation. they know they can't get an outright ban, so they are using incrimental legislation to achieve it. unfortunately for us, democrats are skilled in its use. they are methodically introducing "small" changes to the 2nd amendment that will enable their end goal. that's the problem, republicans don't see. democrats are willing to take years to achieve a goal. look at how long they fought to get universal healthcare. look, we know, and they know that these measures have no appreciable effect on gun crimes, but they need to demonize them to get john-q public on board. the average non-shooter says to himself "what's the big deal with only 10 rounds"? and, predictably just like we seen, now 10 is too many. now the magic number is 7. Eventually, they'll whittle it down to 5, so you'll have to arm yourself with revolver. i'm sure the next thing we'll hear about will be caliber restrictions.

Clint Eastwood: "I have strong feelings about gun control. If there is a gun around I want to be controlling it."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yamamoto said it best...

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." is a quote by Isoroku Yamamoto, Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II.

Might wanna rethink that if the rifles have only seven rounds. Even the Garand carried eight. Thinking it might be the Chinese next when they don't get their money.

1flier

Black Olives Matter!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Limits on high-capacity magazines have been frequently discussed in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shooting, and limits on magazines was one of the proposals that President Barack Obama made last week.

The limit on magazines would renew an element of the assault weapons ban, which expired in 2004. Since then, it has become legal to produce and sell high-capacity magazines. Support for renewing the assault weapons ban has received tepid response, even in the Democratic-controlled Senate.

Lautenberg�s bill has sixteen cosponsors in the Senate, all Democrats. Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.) has filed a companion bill in the House.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-congress/2013/01/lautenberg-introduces-ammo-bill-154907.html

Well just look at the crime stats in CA, are they any lower than states that allow more than 10?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Pi$$ on that idiot!!!

They need to chit can that petrified fossil, he's 90 and clearly senile.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cory Walker, the black Newark mayor, announced the other day. Lautenberg is 88, meaning he will be 90 as he's running in 2014. A 96 year old Senator? Not even Joisey is that stupid.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Cory Booker is well liked in the state, and its no big secret that Lautenberg is senile.

Too bad Booker hitched his wagon to the gungrab crowd... he's been big on personal responsibility in his earlier days. Could have been a democrat I'd have voted for. He even bucked obama. It didnt take him too long to show his colors though.

Eff Lautenberg.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Here's what I don't get. Presumably, the cops and John Q. Public are fighting the same enemy - the criminal. How come they need so many more bullets than I do? The real answer is that you NEVER have too many bullets!!! Then there is the silly assumption that the bad guy has to change mags, giving bystanders the chance to get him. Riiiiight. Let's see - it takes him about 2 seonds to load up again. That gives me PLENTY of time to realize he is out, assess a plan of attack, get in position, and put my cunning plan into motion. Oh - and what if I'm a 65 year old lady with a bad hip....Seems like a better idea to give me more bullets if my goal is to allow me to defend myself adequately. Sadly, as was mentioned before, the goal is to disarm me - not help me protect myself.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Another scumbag...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 14 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 860 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.