Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Appears to me to be hearsay & nothing more. Obama is to smart (I hate to admit) to stir up controversy be asking this question. The military is required to follow lawful orders. I was involved in the military during the anti-war demonstrations during the Vietnam fiasco. We had rounds loaded & were prepared to fire if necessary. Fortunately, tear gas was all that was usually needed.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unfortunately, nothing new there if one were to study American history. This is what the Founding Fathers wanted from the get go it just took them two hundred years to get here. The same arguments made today are the same arguments made in 1787. The stage is the same just the actors have changed.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Unfortunately, nothing new there if one were to study American history. This is what the Founding Fathers wanted from the get go it just took them two hundred years to get here. The same arguments made today are the same arguments made in 1787. The stage is the same just the actors have changed.

You're right on the money. It was the basis for Jefferson's fear of a standing army.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by ribka
remember what Wilson did to WWI vets?
?

He sent the Army after them when they were marching in Washington for relief led, I believe, by Patton.
No it was Gen Douglas MacArthur who led that..

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I can think of more people then not that should be fired on.
Interesting comment from you. The numbers of the last election tend to indicate those I would agree with you on, but I don't believe those are the ones the resident of the whitehouse has in mind. I don't know who you were referring to. He should be asking them if they will fire on their retired brothers and sisters in arms. They're (you're) the ones this government seems to be worried more about than anyone else.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Ringman
And what about Kent state.

If lots of people were throwing bricks and and rocks at you and you had a loaded gun would you fire on them?

Until you've been hit with bricks, you can't answer that question. I can.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

446 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,560
Posts18,510,631
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.