Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#7375988 01/28/13
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Just sent the BSA office a note of disapproval on allowing gays. Guess morally straight is a lost cause, political correctness the norm, and a new Rainbow merit badge is in the works.
Just flat out wrong

There are fools and damn fools, which one are you?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I just went on the BSA website and sent a message urging the national leadership to not make this change. Please make your views known to them too. Here is the link:

Contact BSA.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gives a new meaning to weblows (webelos)...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
as a former Eagle Scout who donates time and money to my council, I sent a scathing letter regarding homos in scouts.

first marriage, military and nowvscouts . destroying every institution now in the US.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What pisses me off the most about this, is that the groups that have been suing BSA, and doing all the encouragement of boycotting the Scouts, has come from people who do not have kids, nor do they have any real involvement IN Scouting...

once again, leftist and liberals, trying to socially re-engineer our society to meet their personal needs and desires...
We all are supposed to support queers, [bleep] and lezzies..
They wear it like a badge of honor...

I've worked with gays in Scouting for years...
but they are people who are involved, have children in scouting and are involved along the lines like the military had "don't ask and don't tell".. they are people who are gay, but keep it behind closed doors, and don't wear it like it is some sort of badge of honor...

I've worked around scouts who were gay.. but sexuality was inappropriate, even when it was about the boys oggling over girls...

BSA National is side stepping this issue, I am sure to quit tying up legal fees while fighting well funded gay groups in court...

They are passing the buck and making it the decision of the Charter Organizations that sponsor scout troops...

60% of all scout troops are sponsored by Mormon Churches..

So I don't think the impact is going to be as big as people fear.... but at the same time, you know gay rights groups and advocates are going to be on their soap boxes and claiming this as a big victory...

I don't think you are going to find, those that wear their gayness like a badge are going to be openly embraced very well within Scouting...

I am sure this decision is more of an economic decision over legal fees, than it is anything else...

no question that the liberal left want to destroy every institution that this country has relied on for years....

I am sure many of America's conservatives are quietly waiting.. every dog has it's day...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
A rainbow merit badge?

I think I just heard Teddy Roosevelt rolling over in his grave! -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by achadwick
I just went on the BSA website and sent a message urging the national leadership to not make this change. Please make your views known to them too. Here is the link:

Contact BSA.

Done.

This news is depressing. I know it is not a done deal but it seems that the loss of corporate donations over the past year has weakened National's resolve. I can't believe how fast we are getting all of this stuff crammed down our throats.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Southerntier8
I can't believe how fast we are getting all of this stuff crammed down our throats.

Agreed.

Interesting choice of words for this topic. smile

Stush
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

I don't think you are going to find, those that wear their gayness like a badge are going to be openly embraced very well within Scouting...

I disagree. You can't even speak out against sodomy in most churches these days. And I'm not talking about official pressure to shut up. The people have been effectively brainwashed.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My little boy was telling me just 2 nights ago that he didn't want to play ball this year because he wanted to join the Cub Scouts. Momma and I will be having a discussion on this matter...

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Muffin pan merit badge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sent my resignation to BSA this morning. I've been a Scout Master / Assistant Scout Master and Order of the Arrow Adviser for better than 25 years. I will no longer have any association with, nor will I support in any way, Boy Scouts of America.

My youngest son will go on his Philmont trek this summer as planned. He will complete his Eagle project this summer. After that, he is through with them. The real shame is that his Eagle rank has just been diminished.

Damned shame it is...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
I sent my resignation to BSA this morning. I've been a Scout Master / Assistant Scout Master and Order of the Arrow Adviser for better than 25 years. I will no longer have any association with, nor will I support in any way, Boy Scouts of America.

My youngest son will go on his Philmont trek this summer as planned. He will complete his Eagle project this summer. After that, he is through with them. The real shame is that his Eagle rank has just been diminished.

Damned shame it is...
agreed.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not condoning the national BSA decision, but to maintain any viability (read funding and corporate sponsorship) they had no other choice. They've managed to hold out for many years on this, but the well is dry. The decision will allow local chapters and sponsors to decide to allow gay participation or not. Usually this is a church or other civic organization. I would doubt most would permit gay participation (Kalifornia exempted from this personal assessment). It would mirror the local climate on gays.

Before abandoning the program, check with your local affiliation and get a read on their intent before making your decision. There's still alot of good in scouting. Maintaining your moral presence will insure it stays this way.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DownWind
Not condoning the national BSA decision, but to maintain any viability (read funding and corporate sponsorship) they had no other choice. They've managed to hold out for many years on this, but the well is dry. The decision will allow local chapters and sponsors to decide to allow gay participation or not. Usually this is a church or other civic organization. I would doubt most would permit gay participation (Kalifornia exempted from this personal assessment). It would mirror the local climate on gays.

Before abandoning the program, check with your local affiliation and get a read on their intent before making your decision. There's still alot of good in scouting. Maintaining your moral presence will insure it stays this way.

100% aggree, we need to stand up and be the voice of reason and morality, not pick up our toys and go home, that way they win. I will note though if our local chapter adopts this new standard, we're through. Girl scouts on the other hand are now partnering up with planned parenthood, so no more cookies for this family.

God Bless,

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I am against it, I will continue to support scouting and be a scoutmaster.

If there is any other national organization that makes young men into leaders, gets them off the couch and teaches them to respect religion, the outdoors and adults while also instilling values of honesty, conservation, setting goals and learning new skills, I'd love to know about it.

bottom line is if the scout troop has their act together and is run by anyone that has any sense and follows BSA rules, you'd never know who was gay and who wasn't.

Sexual orientation doesn't come up in any discussion we've ever had with a scout and I've personally moved more than 40 from Scout to First Class.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/29/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KFWA #7377210 01/29/13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't teach a child or young man about consistently following God, if you allow unrepentent sinners to run the meetings. I don't look at homosexuals in any other way than people who have a tendency to sin in a certain way, except they don't try to change and embrace it. I wouldn't let a raging alcoholic run the meeting either if he had no desire to change or become anything other than an active alcoholic. To me it seems common sense.

God Bless,

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so it makes sense for moral leaders to quit and create more positions for homosexuals in the troop?

You certainly aren't going to teach any of them anything by not being there as a leader.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
KFWA #7377336 01/29/13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they put a homosexual above me in leadership, I will not submit to that leadership, otherwise I have no plans on leaving the organization. What I am teaching them is that I will not be part of a group that promotes acceptance of what is morally wrong. I am not teaching them to hate homosexuals, but I'm sure not teaching them that their choices are acceptable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have 2 democrats that are scout leaders in our group and at least one I"m sure is a strong gun control advocate.

But the great thing about scouting is we talk to our scouts about the importance of voting, not who to vote for. We talk to them about gun safety and responsible gun ownership. We're there to provide a framework for leadership and responsibility, not inject our personal opinions onto scouts.

Again, if the scout troop is tight knit and involved, there really isn't that much opportunity for personal observations to be presented to the boys that goes against scout values.

I wouldn't hesitate to tell a leader they were out of line if I did catch them talking about homosexuality, religion, politics, or just about any other topic that goes against the long standing values of Boy Scouts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,415 guests, and 835 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,510
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.