Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 55 of 169 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 168 169
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Never seen so much prep going into killing a farm critter.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
I sure wish Karnis was going to be able to come, and help me show off his handiwork, the 416 Rigby....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I simply MUST use this one on the trip somehow.....

best not let ingwe see thoose, he may want the table cloth for a new thong sick

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

I hope you bring the two #1's so I can get the great looking wood you have on those rifles and put them on mine!

Actually, I do plan on bringing two #1's, a 338 Federal and a 38-55.

I'm also going to bring a #1 6mm varmint rifle to sell.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
I sure wish Karnis was going to be able to come, and help me show off his handiwork, the 416 Rigby....

[Linked Image]

That is a nice one, all right. That a CZ action?. Part of the fun last year was seeing all the many very fine and interesting guns that were brought, everything from original Sharps, to custom muzzleloaders, to British doubles, to Model 70's, to AR's. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead

LOL, true, part of the fun is shooting a bunch of guns and looking at other folks shootin' irons, not to mention the drink, smoke, and BS'n. grin, Oh yeah, and eating like a starved hound for 4 days.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500

LOL, true, part of the fun is shooting a bunch of guns and looking at other folks shootin' irons, not to mention the drink, smoke, and BS'n. grin, Oh yeah, and eating like a starved hound for 4 days.

Gunner

pretty much, its a fenced hunt for a pig.....not a big challenge, more for the get together than anything....the pig shooting is just the excuse grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Correct, your little 303 British is leaned up right behind me with a fully loaded culling belt filled with 215 gr Woodleigh Weldcore bullets. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Correct, your little 303 British is leaned up right behind me with a fully loaded culling belt filled with 215 gr Woodleigh Weldcore bullets. grin

Gunner

THAT is one of the pieces I am most anxious to see and handle. I will keep a paper towel on hand to wipe the drool from your SxS .303 after I admire it for a moment or two.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, help yourself my friend, Rattler may not wanna turn loose of it when it's time to go home. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

Gunner

pretty much, its a fenced hunt for a pig.....not a big challenge, more for the get together than anything....the pig shooting is just the excuse grin

Some of the pigs are real spooky. The first boar I saw would have done a whitetail proud, the way it was hauling ass weaving through the trees, but he was not the norm. Not all are real big either, so if you're holding out for a trophy you might have to hunt for him a couple days.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

Gunner

Some of the pigs are real spooky. The first boar I saw would have done a whitetail proud, the way it was hauling ass weaving through the trees, but he was not the norm. Not all are real big either, so if you're holding out for a trophy you might have to hunt for him a couple days.

If you use a Handgun or Bow it isn't that easy. Plus in TN now if the Hogs aren't on a Preserve and Fenced in , it is illegal to hunt them unless you own the Land. They aren't consider Big Game any longer in this State.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no doubt alot of them are spooky from being hunted....but its still not the same as most the hunting i do out here....not knocking it at all as im excited to go and shoot one but it is what it is...

would prefer it if all hog hunting in the US was behind fences cause hopefully that would mean there were none running around tearing up good wildlife habitat....but there is no way that will happen with populations the way they are now....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
no doubt alot of them are spooky from being hunted....but its still not the same as most the hunting i do out here....not knocking it at all as im excited to go and shoot one but it is what it is...

would prefer it if all hog hunting in the US was behind fences cause hopefully that would mean there were none running around tearing up good wildlife habitat....but there is no way that will happen with populations the way they are now....

I went up on the mountain and shot my Boar at 88 yards with your little double rifle Rattler, saw debris fly up behind him as he took off up the hill, I thought, oh chit, when he stopped and turned down the mountain i knew he had serious troubles. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I went up on the mountain and shot my Boar at 88 yards with your little double rifle Rattler, saw debris fly up behind him as he took off up the hill, I thought, oh chit, when he stopped and turned down the mountain i knew he had serious troubles. grin

Gunner

I didn't see it, but I heard it when the one you shot hit the ground...or ran into/through something. Sounded like someone dropped it off a cliff....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, I saw ya hunting below the ridgeline above me JCM, that porker head butted a tree at about 25 MPH as he was headed back down the mountain LOL, quite the wallop grin, that Woodleigh bullet messed up his steering aparatus.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My AR in 6.8 SPC dropped my hog in his tracks. The Nosler 110 gr Accubond took him right behind the shoulder. He was around 50 to 60 yards.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL, I saw ya hunting below the ridgeline above me JCM, that porker head butted a tree at about 25 MPH as he was headed back down the mountain LOL, quite the wallop grin, that Woodleigh bullet messed up his steering aparatus.

Gunner

Actually, it sounds to me like he was running a couple quarts low on piggie hydraulic fluid. That tends to overdampen the steering and motation mechanisms somewhat.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
My AR in 6.8 SPC dropped my hog in his tracks. The Nosler 110 gr Accubond took him right behind the shoulder. He was around 50 to 60 yards.

That gives me great confidence in my lowly 250/3000's with cup and core 100's ability to do in a porky.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, I bet you've seen those Woodleigh bullets screw up a lot of running gear over in the Dark Continent Mark. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOL, I bet you've seen those Woodleigh bullets screw up a lot of running gear over in the Dark Continent Mark. grin

Gunner

They are universally well respected, for sure.

Page 55 of 169 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,930
Posts18,498,641
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.