Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RDW
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
A black person that doesn't tip? That's odd...

My daughter worked her way through College waiting tables. She always disliked working the after church crowd. Black, for the most part, and they never tipped.

Have two doing the same, same observation/complaint about blacks in genderal.

Worse, the establishment has a pickup window (not fast food), and twice, fat black bitch's have pulled money out of her bra and handed it to my younger daughter.

If she would not get fired, I would tell her to take the change, run her hand down her pants and hand it back.

Thats funny right there!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Gotta wonder how well she and Jesus get along.

As long as she is demanding and not listening? Pretty well, I would think

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
First, I am amazed at the number of women claiming to be clergy.
How? Are they the husband of 1 wife?

Second the pay system for wait staff, right or wrong, is what it is. They typically receive well under minimum wage and are required to pay income tax on 8% of their sales.

Whether they get a tip or not.

If you can afford to eat out, you can afford a tip. Even if you have put up with bad service, you can inform the server directly and leave a small amount.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yesterday at the local gas station i watched a brown woman block the only diesel pump for 13 minutes while she talked on her free Obama phone. I began to anger but then realized that you cannot fix stupid.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Plinker

God always seems to pay me back double.

Damn, pm me his ATM locales !

As you give, so you will receive. He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

It works for giving to The LORD, too.

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,� says the Lord Almighty, �and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it." Malachi 3:10 (NIV)

Since I started to tithe 10% of my gross income, I have never been hungry or in need.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A local car-forum here in DFW has had numerous threads about tipping and they mirror your post almost word-for-word concerning African'ts and the Holy Church Crowd.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
" yeah, uh...ill gitz the cheeburger, ut idont wantz no mato...so gimi extra bacon stead...and no onyuns needer...so double my fries fo free...A-ITE...An uh urng dink. large...refills is free, right?"

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As a consumer who loved to "eat out" when I had teeth and could swallow, I've always thought that the restaurant should list the full actual price of the meal on the menu and pay the waitresses fair wages � not put me in the position of being a waitress's de facto employer.

This one!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
18% is an absurd tip amount regardless of the service or food. Peroid.

Ever waited tables? I doubt it......
Ever buy your buddies beer at the local establishment? Or are you too cheap for that as well?

Places I frequent know I'm a great tipper, they definitely remember me. I get outstanding service from my usual places as they know I'm not a cheap ass.

Yes.

Yes. No. But I just usually pay my own way.

A fool and his money are soon parted. But if being the "big tipper" makes you feel big, have at it.

How telling that you claim it's foolish and absurd to pay someone decently for a sevice job well done.
Says quite a bit about the type of person you must be....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=RDW
Worse, the establishment has a pickup window (not fast food), and twice, fat black bitch's have pulled money out of her bra and handed it to my younger daughter.

If she would not get fired, I would tell her to take the change, run her hand down her pants and hand it back. [/quote]

She has to have a last day eventually! I would buy the meal just to see that. laugh

Sean
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Your being a racist. Your insults and anti-black statements are sickening and have no place in this web site or this discussion.

You really need to have a prelude to such a statement such as, "I don't how others feel, but...", because you damn sure don't speak for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
18% is an absurd tip amount regardless of the service or food. Peroid.

Ever waited tables? I doubt it......
Ever buy your buddies beer at the local establishment? Or are you too cheap for that as well?

Places I frequent know I'm a great tipper, they definitely remember me. I get outstanding service from my usual places as they know I'm not a cheap ass.

Yes.

Yes. No. But I just usually pay my own way.

A fool and his money are soon parted. But if being the "big tipper" makes you feel big, have at it.

How telling that you claim it's foolish and absurd to pay someone decently for a sevice job well done.
Says quite a bit about the type of person you must be....

Insult and attack are the tools of liberals and progressives. Says quite a bit about the type of person you must be.

Reading and comprehension are both fundamental. You should work on it as I did not say I did not tip "decently" for a "job well done".

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Interesting you refer to me as a 'fool' and a 'big shot', and then claim I'm doing the attacking. Good day sir.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I tip good service. I also find myself in the same restaurants along the coast and they know I tip so the service is usually excellent.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jiminyphuck......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Interesting you refer to me as a 'fool' and a 'big shot', and then claim I'm doing the attacking. Good day sir.

That reading and comprehension thing is just eating you up.
1. I did not refer to you as a "fool". I recalled a quote. You may infer what you wish.
2. I did not refer to you as a "big shot". I said "But if being the "big tipper" makes you feel big, have at it".

Last edited by Gun_Geezer; 02/03/13.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Do evrything with love, unless your a don't deserve love yourself?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by n007
As a consumer who loved to "eat out" when I had teeth and could swallow, I've always thought that the restaurant should list the full actual price of the meal on the menu and pay the waitresses fair wages � not put me in the position of being a waitress's de facto employer.

This one!

This is how it is in Australia...tipping is unheard of, and if you do leave a tip you will most likely have the staff member follow you out the door to return your "change".

And if you want to see an Australian with a blank, uncomprehending, look on their face, just hold your hand out for a tip.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pira114
For me, tipping has always been something that was given for work performed above what the standard level of service should be. Not a mandatory part of the price.

On that note though, when I do leave a tip (almost always), I figure it's none of the government's damn business to tax it. It's a gift and shouldn't be taxed like that. That's one reason I never leave the tip on the card. Always leave cash and let the waiter/waitress decide if they want to report it.

Another reason not to put your tip on the card is that some tightwad employers will deduct the credit card discount percentage from the waitress' tips. Can't really say they are wrong in doing that, but not all places do it.

I find that in life there are a number of societal norms that have developed over time that I may or may not entirely agree with, but they are the norm. It is easier to go along with them than to tilt at windmills and waste a lot of (apparently worthless) time swimming against the tide. Tipping is one of those things.

I am quite okay with the concept because I can use the tip to express my level of satisfaction with the service. I am not entirely okay with the accepted percentage norm, but I basically go along with it. Here my doubt lies in whether excellent service for the steak dinner is actually worth more than excellent service for the club sandwich. But I certainly don't cry over it!

I had a friend (more like an associate) who was a total dipschitt who would never tip one cent. We went into a restaurant one day and as the waitress took the order I informed her "I tip but he won't leave one cent." He was so pissed! But why? That's his position and he should not try to hide it. My service that day was remarkably different than his!

Last edited by GunReader; 02/05/13.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ModelSeven
If this tip was forced upon them because it was a party of 8 or more, as indicated earlier in this thread, $34.93 seems like a good deal, if you do the math. Never saw an Applebees around here you could eat at for $4.37, or less, per person.

M7

Judging from the size of that gorilla they may have had seperate checks and that was just her portion?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (240NMC, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 61 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,281
Posts18,486,813
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.