Campfire Sage
T

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
But the most important thing is that those two officers made it home safely at the end of their shifts. smirk

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No surprise, like the rest of the community the cops also have their swaggering, gutless, braggarts.

They also list a lot of good people that more than earn their keep...the biggest problems seem to be the political crap that run the Local Area Commands.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The world is full of posers. There are people masquerading as President, Preacher, Policeman and Teacher.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
The world is full of posers. There are people masquerading as President, Preacher, Policeman and Teacher.

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

TRH, you should know this, the police have no legal obligation to protect you

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

Absolutely right. Supreme Court said so. Which puts the lie to the idea that we don't need the liberty to bear arms for our own self-defense since the police are there to protect us. This case, and others like it, could (should) be the basis for overturning the anti-concealed carry policies of cities like NYC and Chicago.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

But there-in lays the problem...they get all bent out of shape if you dare to defend yourself.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We ought to be air dropping raven .25's and cases of ammo onto Chicago and New York.

Maybe putting Heroin in newspaper vending machines on every street corner as well.

That way, in about 2-3 years, we could go back in and re-settle with republicans.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Only problem is that cops who behave like this aren't in fact posers since the law doesn't even impose on them a duty to behave differently, i.e., it's already part of the job description to stand down under like circumstances, "officer safety" being their paramount consideration.

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

But there-in lays the problem...they get all bent out of shape if you dare to defend yourself.

Exactly that is indeed the problem

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We ought to be air dropping raven .25's and cases of ammo onto Chicago and New York.

Maybe putting Heroin in newspaper vending machines on every street corner as well.

That way, in about 2-3 years, we could go back in and re-settle with republicans.

grinBestest idea I've heard in a while grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You paint with such a wide brush when you should really be doing trim work.

I'd say that my personal feeling about the term "cop" would be that the behavior you describe would be exactly what a cop would do. It is a derogatory term. But to say that all police officers are "cops" is akin to saying all black people are "n*ggers". Simply isn't true.

However, look at it this way, for the sake of discussion:

You are under no lawful requirement to act in this situation.

You are working in a city where your actions will be scrutinized to the nth degree if you do take action and it results in bodily harm, serious physical injury or death is the result for the knife wielding serial killer.

Your training and experience tell you that the firearm is the preferred response to and edged weapon. Problem is, you are on a subway. (I am assuming that there were more than three people on the subway car. I didn't watch the clip.)

Your co-workers inadvertantly shot a few bystanders a couple of months ago trying to put down an armed assailant on a street in NYC. You know that isn't going well for them or the department.

What will you do? How long will it take you to filter through these things in your head and make a decision about what route to take?

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Looks like too many cops are taking this message too literally these days.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
CT, don't try to reason with him. He has his mind made up, and it is full of hate.

You can't reason with emotion, you've been married long enough to know that. grin

TRH has some serious emotional issues that cloud his reasoning ability when it comes to LE and it a waste of time to try to discuss LEO with him.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There are days when I feel more like discussing than others for sure. It is disheartening to see men criticized for acting within the law and policy.

It is akin to bitching at NFL players for not hitting hard anymore. They get skinned alive with fines and penalties if they play anything more than two hand touch.

Or to criticize teachers for passing disrespectful brats onto the next grade or graduation, because they didn't take the time to instill discipline or respect in little johnny. Never mind that the teacher can't whip little johnny's ass anymore or, more importantly that parents don't instill discipline in their children to start with, as it should be.

No matter your profession, you have to do your job within the guidelines you are given. Lucky is the man who makes his own set of rules and gets to operate by them for very long.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I'd say that my personal feeling about the term "cop" would be that the behavior you describe would be exactly what a cop would do. It is a derogatory term.
I don't understand this attitude. I hear cops call themselves cops all the time in a friendly, casual, and matter-of-fact, manner, thus I think it reasonable to assume it's not considered derogatory by them. Also consider the history of the term. The first police department in the nation, of the sort we think of today, was the NYPD. They wore copper badges. They came to be referred to by the public, therefore, as "coppers." Gradually this was shortened to "cops." I'm not seeing the derogatory nature of the term.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Black people call each other "N*gger" all the time too. You try it the next time you feel like scuffling.

And you know what happens when you assume.

My personal feeling about the term is that it is derived from this term.

cop-out also cop�out (kpout)
n. Slang
1. A failure to fulfill a commitment or responsibility or to face a difficulty squarely.
2. A person who fails to fulfill a commitment or responsibility.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
CT, don't try to reason with him. He has his mind made up, and it is full of hate.

You can't reason with emotion, you've been married long enough to know that. grin

TRH has some serious emotional issues that cloud his reasoning ability when it comes to LE and it a waste of time to try to discuss LEO with him.

Ed
Well, it certainly behooves you to create that impression, now doesn't it? Can't refute an argument, then attack the man making it, right? It's a story as old as the hills, my friend, though, as always, indicative of very poor character.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I took an oath to enforce the laws of the Commmonwealth of Kentucky roughly 20 years ago. On that oath, I hang my honor and integrity. I do not play favorites and I do not shirk responsibility. I have fulfilled my commitment to the people of Kentucky on enough occasions that I no longer feel the need to "prove myself". I am not a cop.

Just my personal feeling on the term.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (264mag, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 26 invisible), 2,111 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,047
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.