Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Surprisingly enough, I have no real problem with that.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Perhaps we were raised with a different set of values, then. I was raised to believe that such tactics indicated a paucity of honor.

I was raised to believe pedophiles should never be allowed to become teachers.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
MM,

Please know that the discussion started with my taking at face value TRH's assertion that the [bleep] were under no lawful obligation to act. Here, they would be. I know nothing about the laws of NY.

Even so, I am in agreement with you. If you can't make that decision to act, you need to find other means of employment. There is nothing dishonorable about selling vacuum cleaners, digging ditches, working at a newspaper or any other means of honest work. If you find yourself unable to insert yourself in a situation like the one reported in the original video, you should certainly be successful elsewhere.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[/quote]Perhaps we were raised with a different set of values, then.[/quote]

Apparently so.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
You're right. I am wrong. It was wrong of me to resort to employing argumentum ad hominem. I apologize for that.

You are what you are, and I am what I am.

I try to stay away from these threads for they are nothing but emotional arguments that bear only marginal resemblance to a reasonable discussion. I failed at that self-imposed rule this morning.

Ed
Thank you sir. You have my respect for saying so.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Perhaps we were raised with a different set of values, then. I was raised to believe that such tactics indicated a paucity of honor.

I was raised to believe pedophiles should never be allowed to become teachers,.

We seem to have different values...I do not think they should be allowed to breath my air at all.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
If you find yourself unable to insert yourself in a situation like the one reported in the original video, you should certainly be successful elsewhere.

Maybe, maybe not...........integrity is a characteristic that has value & brings rewards in many endeavors besides LE.

That's a big part of what's wrong with the entire country, including the business world........an obvious lack of integrity.

MM

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
MM,

The decline in personal, corporate and political integrity that our country displays, is a cancer. It will eventually close the eyes of the republic forever.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

I was raised to believe pedophiles should never be allowed to become teachers.
I imagine that we're all in agreement on that, to say the very least.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CT,

We're on the same page............best wishes for your continued safety.

MM

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Both cops need to have their head and face tatoo'd in bright yellow with a joining yellow stripe down their back. The mayor and his toadys need to have a peacock tail permenantly affixed to their as_ so nobody will mistake them for men.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys really ought to get out more often. It's obvious that you don't have enough conflict in your lives. One would think you would grow weary of getting pounded day in, day out, by people who know what you are. At least, got outside, and come back and tell us how many people tryed to kill you today. That's much more interesting.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
You guys really ought to get out more often. It's obvious that you don't have enough conflict in your lives. One would think you would grow weary of getting pounded day in, day out, by people who know what you are. At least, got outside, and come back and tell us how many people tryed to kill you today. That's much more interesting.
Some odd remarks, right there. Why don't you follow your own advice?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Deal, come meet me at Mardis Gras for the next twelve hours and we'll pal around.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I think most LEO's who post here are more than willing to accept that obligation but I can't understand making any kind of excuse, either legal-ease, or not for not penalizing the kind of behavior of the 2 NYC cops in this case...........& to get the full impact of the story, you must watch the entire video clip.

That.

My career is in banking with a smallish community bank where we make money on the spread between liabilities (deposits) and assets (loans), the way banks should operate. I don't make excuses for unethical, immoral, and illegal behavior by my cohorts, nor am I butt-hurt by the constant attacks on perps of said actions.

Seems pretty easy & straight forward to me. I don't see how one could view the video and not see the glaring problems that LE is pregnant with in this day and age. It isn't just a couple individuals; it is clearly systematic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nah, for every one of those there's a 1000 of these, and another 10,000 not reported. It's been the same since the beginning of civilization.
______

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - Just days after he helped save a family from a raging apartment fire in Clairemont, a heroic San Diego police officer is at it again.

This time, officer Zach Bradley pulled a suspected drunk driver out of her wrecked vehicle. An SUV flipped over and hit a natural gas meter on the side of an apartment building in Clairemont.

It happened just hours after Bradley wrapped up a press conference where he spoke about rescuing a woman and her two daughters as they jumped from a second-story building engulfed in flames Tuesday morning.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You won't hear any argument from me on that, sir. My personal experiences w/ LEOs has been nothing but pleasant and any complaints I've had were due to their faithful enforcement of the penalties of my foolishness.

My fear stems from the big brother state and the unsavory characters (like those in this story) who would take advantage of it w/ protection from the law.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Hawk, thanks for that history lesson. I never knew how that term came to be. Personally, I never viewed the term in a derogatory nature.
Must be a northeastern thing not to be offended by it or to see it as offensive.

If your history lesson is true, the copper badge thingy, why would a LEO take offense to it ?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Deal, come meet me at Mardis Gras for the next twelve hours and we'll pal around.

You'd have to have a Segway for him to ride. Ever read the account of his rigorous training program for his Idaho wilderness hunt and how that all transpired? The training program consisted of walking several blocks and the hunt involved getting at least a 150 yards from an ATV on cut power-lines. If you ever get bored of watching grass grow or your bumper rust, it's a good read.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

==============

Really? I'm checking out Kayak right now.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 10gaugeman, 160user, 49 invisible), 3,425 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,552
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.